£2.00 to debt savings
    £1.13 to em savings

Debt savings - [STRIKE]£19,320[/STRIKE]/£18,187 - £1133 paid :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,316 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Have a great week jwil and what a fantastic result to the Car boot :)

Thanks Brizzle :)
  • jwil
    Options
    It's a lovely day out there today :j :j

Kids don't want to go out, so we'll have a quiet day at home and they can play in the garden. I can potter about then too.

I've got a few listings to do for DH and might try and prep some for me too.
  • pennywisepoundstupid
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect day, pottering at home and kids playing in the garden. I used to let them loose on junk modelling in the garden on sunny days building castles, robots etc and painting as well, I used to buy rolls of lining paper and roll it out weigh down the corners and let them paint or colour like mad, they used to love it and when the weather was really warm I would fill the paddling pool with warm water and bubble bath to wash off all the paint, cheap and excellent fun, doubt my 2 teenagers would want to do it now but they do talk about it and remember the fun times they had making a mess.
    Mortgage Jan 2023 9yrs 11mths £61,389 Mortgage overpayment £1867/£3600 Mortgage Jan 2022 11yrs 6mths £69.996 Mortgage overpayment £3132/£3600
  • jwil
    Options
    Sounds like a perfect day, pottering at home and kids playing in the garden. I used to let them loose on junk modelling in the garden on sunny days building castles, robots etc and painting as well, I used to buy rolls of lining paper and roll it out weigh down the corners and let them paint or colour like mad, they used to love it and when the weather was really warm I would fill the paddling pool with warm water and bubble bath to wash off all the paint, cheap and excellent fun, doubt my 2 teenagers would want to do it now but they do talk about it and remember the fun times they had making a mess.

Ooh great ideas there, thanks! I've got a roll of lining paper too. Better finish weeding the patio first though :rotfl::rotfl:
  • jwil
    Options
    We've had a pretty good day today. I needed to get some more sand for the sand table, so splashed out £15 on a play tent and bubble lot as well. The kids loved the tent which can be used indoors or out and they've loved playing with the bubbles as well.

I've managed to sort through a few things and done some listing. I put a heavy bundle of books on as a test listing, and they have a watcher already. It would be good if it sold, as I'll get more for it than I would ask at a boot sale. It's several books on one subject so might be good for a student or someone who is interested in the topic.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Kids love tents and bubbles, no wonder they had fun :).

I hope you get some offers for the books.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    Options
    Kids love tents and bubbles, no wonder they had fun :).

I hope you get some offers for the books.

Thank you :)
  • jwil
    Options
    Today's pads:

£1.88 to Mortgage
    £2.00 to debt savings
    £2.12 to em savings

Debt savings - [STRIKE]£19,320[/STRIKE]/£18,185 - £1135 paid :T
  • jwil
    Options
    The kids have decided they want a DVD day today, so that means I can just potter about again :T

I've been doing some admin this morning. I've had a bit of a financial sort out. I've updated tax credits with new estimated incomes for this year, so hopefully they will adjust that so no more overpayment.

I've opened several new savings accounts to be used as pots for annual bills, car and events (Christmas/birthdays/holidays). I'll feel more comfortable being able to see them grow for specific things rather than just dumping it all into one account. I've also set up 'save the change' on my main account as I've started using my debit card more now that there's generally some money in there! That will round up any transaction to the nearest £1 and move the change to a savings account.

I've also set up the mortgage spreadsheet so that I can input any overpayments I've made each month and will be able to see what effect they are having, however small!

One parcel posted today.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family