🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

DMP Mutual Support Thread - Part 12

Options

Comments

• make_the_change
    Options
    Right, I have prepped a CCA request to send to Very at the weekend.

I sent them a message via their online system regarding the financial difficulties and they replied asking for an I&E and how much would we like to pay, but it seems the charges and interest is not going to stop. The debt is just going to continue to grow and grow.

Should We stop paying them completely? It's a debt in my partners name and his only debt. There is nothing else he owes.
    DMP Started June 2016
  • debtisnotme
    debtisnotme Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Right, I have prepped a CCA request to send to Very at the weekend.

I sent them a message via their online system regarding the financial difficulties and they replied asking for an I&E and how much would we like to pay, but it seems the charges and interest is not going to stop. The debt is just going to continue to grow and grow.

Should We stop paying them completely? It's a debt in my partners name and his only debt. There is nothing else he owes.

I would. What do you have to lose? They seem to be tricky creditors to have os play hardball back.

Good luck.

Sam
    Debt on 25/5/17
    Mortgage[STRIKE] £61,999[/STRIKE] £59,335
    Secured loan approximately[STRIKE] £20,000[/STRIKE] £19,353
    Unsecured debt in DMP with Stepchange[STRIKE] £38,887[/STRIKE] £37,763
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 25 May 2017 at 7:46AM
    Options
    Morning all:coffee:

I'm still banging on about CCAs I'm afraid:o. It's now 28 working days since I sent off my CCA letters. Link replied that they'd have to refer the 2 that they deal with back to the original creditor so it may take some time. Robinson Way responded by saying they had received the request and would be back to me as soon as they could. No problem with those then:). I suspect, being very old, they'll be unenforceable anyway so I'm happy to wait;)

Westcott responded over one of my debts, returning my PO and telling me to resubmit the CCA request directly to RBS (the original creditor) which I have done but with no response so far. Westcott have not even acknowledged receipt of the other request (a Lloyds debt) and I'm wondering how long I should expect it to take before I hear anything. I'm not necessarily expecting the information I need (a debt from early 1989:)), but an acknowledgement would be enough for now. As it is I don't know whether they ever got the request. The template letter mentions 12 working days and it's been 28 and counting:(

Do these companies usually take so long to even acknowledge a CCA request or is it me just being impatient?
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all:coffee:

I'm still banging on about CCAs I'm afraid:o. It's now 28 working days since I sent off my CCA letters. Link replied that they'd have to refer the 2 that they deal with back to the original creditor so it may take some time. Robinson Way responded by saying they had received the request and would be back to me as soon as they could. No problem with those then:). I suspect, being very old, they'll be unenforceable anyway so I'm happy to wait;)

Westcott responded over one of my debts, returning my PO and telling me to resubmit the CCA request directly to RBS (the original creditor) which I have done but with no response so far. Westcott have not even acknowledged receipt of the other request (a Lloyds debt) and I'm wondering how long I should expect it to take before I hear anything. I'm not necessarily expecting the information I need (a debt from early 1989:)), but an acknowledgement would be enough for now. As it is I don't know whether they ever got the request. The template letter mentions 12 working days and it's been 28 and counting:(

Do these companies usually take so long to even acknowledge a CCA request or is it me just being impatient?

Hey Carboot! Sounds just like my situation. I eventually heard back from Link and they provided copies of the CCA. Robinson acknowledged the request but still haven't responded with copies. Westcott also asked me to go directly to RBS which I did and still no news. I sent Robinson a chaser letter on the 17th May and still nothing back yet. I'll give it a few more days and perhaps chase again but it is very annoying whilst they drag their heels.

I'm sure I read somewhere here that whilst they can't produce the paperwork the debt gets put on hold so effectively you don't need to pay them until they produce the paperwork (I could be wrong).

I'm just in the middle of moving over to self managing so they won't be getting anything anyway if they don't respond :rotfl:

I'll keep you posted if I hear anymore.... anxiously waiting for the postman at 11am :D
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Twins wrote: »
    Hey Carboot! Sounds just like my situation. I eventually heard back from Link and they provided copies of the CCA. Robinson acknowledged the request but still haven't responded with copies. Westcott also asked me to go directly to RBS which I did and still no news. I sent Robinson a chaser letter on the 17th May and still nothing back yet. I'll give it a few more days and perhaps chase again but it is very annoying whilst they drag their heels.

I'm sure I read somewhere here that whilst they can't produce the paperwork the debt gets put on hold so effectively you don't need to pay them until they produce the paperwork (I could be wrong).

I'm just in the middle of moving over to self managing so they won't be getting anything anyway if they don't respond :rotfl:

I'll keep you posted if I hear anymore.... anxiously waiting for the postman at 11am :D

Thanks, Twins:T. We share lots of the same creditors;). Reassuring to know how they've responded to other people:T

I think I might send a chase-up letter just to Westcott re the Lloyds debt as I don't even know if they ever received the original request. I don't want to be waiting indefinitely to decide how to proceed (i.e. stop paying or push for minimum settlement figure because the debt is unenforceable:j) if they aren't even looking for the CCA information:eek:

Good Luck:beer:
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks, Twins:T. We share lots of the same creditors;). Reassuring to know how they've responded to other people:T

I think I might send a chase-up letter just to Westcott re the Lloyds debt as I don't even know if they ever received the original request. I don't want to be waiting indefinitely to decide how to proceed (i.e. stop paying or push for minimum settlement figure because the debt is unenforceable:j) if they aren't even looking for the CCA information:eek:

Good Luck:beer:

Carbootcrazy, Twins same here, just over two weeks since I sent my requests. I've had responses from everyone, other than Nationwide acknowledging my request but so far nothing at all in the way of actual CCA's. Another one anxiously waiting for the post every day. Ours doesn't come until around 2!
    Strangely Nationwide have never sold the debt on so I would have thought that it would be easier for them.
    I will report in when I hear something.
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Julie67
    Julie67 Posts: 2,362 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Twins I think you are right in that they suspend payments once the request has been initiated until they have provided the info
    Started Self Managed DMP 10th May 2017.
    Working hard to get rid of our debt.
  • Twins
    Twins Posts: 346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So two letters in the post today. One from Westcot acknowledging the self DMP and have said fine to pay £1 for June but to contact them in August to pay the amount I was paying before. That's not what I had written in the letter. I had said I would pay £1 for the months of June-August. Looks like it will be another letter back and I'll send my I&E to them which they've requested.

The other letter was from Link, think our letters got crossed in the post. I had chased the CCA which they had already sent so no further action here.

No other letters... and not a peep from Robinsons yet..... probably a good thing. The longer they leave it, the less chance of finding the paperwork :T
  • Max_and_sasha
    Options
    Hi everyone

I got a response from robinson way on one of my cca and they said they would not chase payment until they sort out my request, the money I usually give them I have put away until they produce the correct paper work, hope that helps

Max
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I came back on to ask about suspension of payments once CCA requests have been set in motion but it looks as if Julie, Twins and Max & Sacha have answered my question already:beer:

I've just checked one of the acknowledgement letters from one of my creditors and they'd said:

'We will make the necessary enquiries and let you know the outcome in due course. In the meantime we will stop all collection activity on this account'.

I just wanted to check what that meant exactly as I'm self-managing my DMP now and had planned to send £1 token payments. Don't think I'll bother now;).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport