PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

April 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• funfairprincess
    Options
    Hi all spent £1 today on a tiger bloomer and that's been it.
    Desperately need to do a big shop but I need to wait till weekend.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Please can you put me down for £100 for April? I'm away for a week for my birthday, but will be seeing (and possibly feeding) lots of people throughout the month.

Still in March, not doing well... :(. See you inApril!!
    PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • mucky_moo
    mucky_moo Posts: 83 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, mind if join in. My other half, dog and I are doing the £10 a week challenge. So it's £120 a month our food. Looks like I'm making stew for the dog as she eats loads and her food is expensive lol
    Weight loss - 0/12 GC - July 142.01/£200 Happiness can be found in the darkest of places if only someone turns on the light
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi can I join in please. I am technically on March, but have decided in order to stay in budget, I will put any new spends here. Not intending spending anyway. Can I have my usual £80. I really would like to get that lower by properly meal planning, but for the mo, that's where i'm at.
  • karenccs67
    karenccs67 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Has anyone else bought a meat hamper from Market Porter using the MSE code? I've ordered the roast meats hamper.

I needed eggs, milk, bread etc from Iceland and I bought my son a birthday cake from the Co-op, I could kick myself now, I usually make family cakes but I really couldn't be ars*d this week! :mad:

Meat Porter .......... £30
    Iceland ................ £8.75
    Co-op ...................£7.00
    ***Dont save what is left after spending, spend what is left after saving***
  • mumto2girlsandaboy
    Options
    Hi, didn't post last month but would like to stick to £400 as we have been around this mark for the past few months, would like to get it down further but its still a saving on what we used to spend. Its for 2 adults and 3 kids for the 1st to the 30th.
    PAYDBX 2017 #073 2571/£2500
    EF #220 460/£1000
    MFW dec 12 [STRIKE]£97000[/STRIKE] jan 18 £86973
  • Ginmonster
    Ginmonster Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm in for £100 again please for the calendar month. Good luck everyone!
  • Art_Deco
    Art_Deco Posts: 188 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    :) Hi could you put me down for 380 again for this month please.
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 31 March 2017 at 12:35AM
    Options
    In again for April, targets of £333.33 but £4,000 for the year.

I have shopping coming tomorrow, which although the last day of March, i am classing it as an April shop not March. It is mostly handwash on offer at Ocado and washing up liquid. I have just bulk bought shower gels and shampoo and conditioner from Superdrug which i will add to April's spend and any Amazon bits due which are groceries or toiletries/cleaning stuff. The rest is yoghurts and a few veggie items for daughter, and a mixture of veggie and frozen vegan bits. Ordered the new Swedish Glace Almond and Cocoa ice cream to try. Does anybody know of any with no palm oil? Seems impossible to avoid unless you make your own.

Will update spends and report back. Not too bothered if i go over in April as it's mine and daughter's birthday. Will be mindful though. Will try and be more consistent with posting during April.

Good luck all.
    GC £150 a month for food, toiletries and cleaning Jan £134.58 Feb £137.18 Mar £118.89 April £
    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi there, after spectacularly losing the plot with my shopping habit I am going to try again and aim for £500 for this month. I really need it to be a lot less but it's hard for me to not shop. I am still using up freezer and cupboard supplies plus I have the tins I squirreled away in case of bad weather. I am hoping that there is very little chance of snow now so I can start to use them up :D.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure