MSE News: Easyjet passengers told they'll have to fly on Latvian airline's planes

12345679»

Comments

• harvm
    harvm Posts: 1 Newbie
    I had the misfortune to be one of EasyJet's customers forced to endure the discomfort of a sector operated by Smart Lynx. First to say the aircraft would be branded as Smart Lynx is a bit of a misnomer, if their livery is plain white that looks as if it has been splashed on by a coyboy decorator then perhaps they should show a bit more imagination. In fact the only markings on the aircraft were the Latvian registration and clearly visible on the side was where "Thomas Cook" had been painted over. It looked like maybe one coat of undercoat!
    The plane looked "old" and internally was awful. I'm just about 5'7 and my knees were digging into the seat in front. The seats were so close together that the only way to get to the window seat was sitting in the aisle seat, lifting the arm rests and sliding across! The crew spoke quite poor English (no fault of theirs) and are clearly under no incentive to generate in flight sales. The Cabin service didn't start until about an hour and a half into the flight.
    The difference between a sector operated by Smart Lynx and the outbound one operated on a proper Easyjet aircraft was palpable!
    Going back to the closeness of the seats, I would hate to think what would happen in an emergency evacuation because to extricate oneself from seats so close together in such a circumstance I would say was nigh on impossible!
    I doubt whether they will, but I think Easyjet should be upfront when one books if the route is being run by Smart Lynx, because I would most definitely avoid it were that the case.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    harvm wrote: »
    I'm just about 5'7 and my knees were digging into the seat in front. The seats were so close together that the only way to get to the window seat was sitting in the aisle seat, lifting the arm rests and sliding across!

The Smartlynx planes are the same plane type (A320) and with the same configuration that easyJet uses. In fact the Smartlynx planes have a row less than some of easyJet's A320s. The seats are no closer together than they would have been on an easyJet plane.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    They've ordered bigger planes http://mediacentre.easyjet.com/stories/10207 to arrive next year.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,175
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    jpsartre wrote: »
    The Smartlynx planes are the same plane type (A320) and with the same configuration that easyJet uses. In fact the Smartlynx planes have a row less than some of easyJet's A320s. The seats are no closer together than they would have been on an easyJet plane.

Never let the truth get in the way of a good moan/rant :rotfl:
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,633
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    richardw wrote: »
    They've ordered bigger planes http://mediacentre.easyjet.com/stories/10207 to arrive next year.

Hard to spot the £212M 6-month loss in those figures. Hope the larger a/c work out for them anyway.
  • surfcat
    surfcat Posts: 734 Forumite
    I've just come across this thread after finding out our long-booked Easyjet flight this coming Tuesday will be operated by SmartLynx.

I'm interested where it is actually covered in their Terms and Conditions that they may do this?

easyjet dot com/en/terms-and-conditions seems to have a vague section 2 on Carrier details, stating, "2.1 All Flights are operated by easyJet Airline Company Limited or easyJet Europe Airline GmbH, except for:", followed by a list of flight numbers. Ours is not one of them, and I can't find anything there at all about alternative carriers, wet leasing, or SmartLynx.

Cheers,

Surfcat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family