Get in the swing for Spring - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    esmy wrote: »
    Has any one got any SW friendly ideas or recipes for cooked ham?? I cooked a gammon joint a couple of days ago for something that didn't come off, so I've got a lot to eat! (OH is veggie so can't help me out with it.) I'll have some tonight with veggies and slice some for salads but a bit stuck for other ideas.

Risotto
    Frittata
    Zebras rock
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,631 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    orlao wrote: »
    Pea and Ham Soup
    Ham Hash
    Ham, Egg and SW chips
    Slice and freeze in portions - this is what I do because I don't like most supermarket hams, the deli stuff is expensive with the amount I eat so I buy a small gammon, roast it and slice :)

That's what I do. It freezes really well.

Another idea is to add to an omelette pasta bake or a carbonara type meal.
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, I did really well today but let myself down eating a Topic which I have just finished .i know I shouldn't have things like that with being diabetic but i haven't had one for about 20 yrs. I won't have one again for probably another 20 yrs. I feel a bit sick now :eek:

This will be my Sunday menu plan...

Breakfast... porridge A/B mixed berries.

Lunch..Ham or salmon salad,beetroot light salad cream 2 syns pear.

Dinner.. steak and 1 dumpling jersey potatoes fresh peas, couple of sprigs cauli few green beans.

Extra f f yoghurt. Ryvita and butter 6 syns
    6 syns plus the 1 dumpling made with vegetable suet if anyone knows the syn value . :):)
  • maman
    Options
    Plus side is that the Topic was probably half the size of the one you ate 20 years ago!:rotfl:
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Hi all

I'm back from my med cruise and at WI today I'd gained only 1/2 lb so was well pleased with that but I've failed in losing that stone I wanted to lose - my loss for this challenge is 8.5lbs.
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Plus side is that the Topic was probably half the size of the one you ate 20 years ago!:rotfl:

Thanks for that Maman I couldn't stop laughing ha ha ha ha ha !:T:T
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 April 2017 at 12:11AM
    Options
    Today's menu:

Breakfast-none.I didn't get out of bed until about 10.30 (oops),and really wasn't getting hungry until about 3pm.

Late lunch: a fritatta,seen on PinchofnomFB page last night: potato,onion,bacon,(egg for binding,syns for sunflower oil spray),served with baby plum tomatoes,onion,lettuce

Tea(while rest of family had chip butties :A):roast butternut squash and potatoes,swede,carrots,green beans,peas (not speed),gravy(3syns)

HEA: skimmed milk in cups of tea
    HEB: none

Walking :40 minutes brisk walking
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• maman
    Options
    I look at peas in a new light these days saver upper . They aren't Speed but they are free and they add to protein so better than just carbs.
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

I'm back from my med cruise and at WI today I'd gained only 1/2 lb so was well pleased with that but I've failed in losing that stone I wanted to lose - my loss for this challenge is 8.5lbs.

Welcome back - you did really well to only gain 1/2 lb on a cruise, most people gain half a stone! :D
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,573 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Gettingtheresometime - that's brilliant as LL says most people would put on 1/2 stone or more!

Today's plan:

B - bacon, egg, mushrooms, tomato, beans & fried up LO mash
    L - ham salad sandwich - cucumber, tomato, spinach (didn't buy any lettuce this week!) spread with LTL mayo (HEB + 0.5)
    D - lamb dauphinoise hotpot - lamb, carrots, onion, garlic, tomato puree topped with potato, sweet potato, cream; have worked out the syns to 5.5 for portion (assuming I get the 8 portions the recipe says it's for, LOL!). If not I'll have to recalculate the syns.

At least I'll have another 2-3 meals out of it.

Off to sort out the lamb (which I slow cooked yesterday) and needs to have the fat taken off and thrown away and then shredded in the same way you'd do pulled pork.

Have a good day everyone.

Denise
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family