NST Muddy March Marathon

Options

Comments

• Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Today as it was rainy/ sleety/ snowy day.
    Had pancakes for breakfast oops
    Hit Lidlee by 10 am, got lot of shopping and few bottles of wine. Ended up buying a chicken as forgot to defrost one. £35 spend.
    Ironing done

Arranged a date for next weekend yikes, crash diet and need to get hair cut/ coloured. Too dark at moment, so even though bought a ticket for a gig tomorrow going to cut my losses and not go. Cost me a fiver but coach and drinks will add up- really need hair sorting out. Going to invest in me this month.

No exercise today, cooked roast chicken dinner ate it and watched Tv. I am so restless trying to sit down in the day not me. Washed locks another hr wasted.

Grateful for
    Mobile hairdresser
    Pancakes yum
    This thread, now had a spendy day will try to last till Friday
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I do tutoring and exam marking as part of teaching. As well as the extra £ I honestly believe it makes me a better teacher as well.
    I have also sold some things that I have knitted or crocheted but I do that much more out of the love of the hobby rather than wanting to make money from it.
    Today has been a me day, and I've loved it. Did some stuff round the house but other than that I watched a film, did lots of crochet and I haven't gotten dressed either. Just about to have a long overdue bubble bath and enjoy the last few hours before the mayhem of work kicks in again.
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    5 days late! but here goes.
    Mantra-live in the spirit of the season.Not sure about spirits,mostly rain and gales.
    Use it or loose it. Aiming to use up craft stuff or sell it.
    DFD. Luckily I don't have debt any more.
    Debt/savings first. DD at the start of the month.
    Your budget. £120 for food and groceries.£40 for me cos i'm worth it!

Monitor your goals,They are going quite well at the moment but could be better.
    Avoid takeaways. Never have them.
    Remember those in need. Work 12 hours in a charity shop and also donate to the donkey sanctuary.
    Cupboard audit. Things o.k. as since kitchen was done I've only been buying what I know I'll use.
    Help.Will help where I can and shout if I need any.
    Mistakes. Got to learn from them.
    Avoid temptation. Stop buying junk food.
    Repairs. Have a couple of hems need catching.
    Attend regularly. I'll try....honest.
    Try your best. I'm very trying.
    Health. Work in progress as still having tests.
    Outside. Only ever go if something needed.
    NSD 20 this month.

ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 1024 /2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 24/20
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We had a lovely anniversary :) Went to see a small, local theatre's "wow said the owl" ( aimed at 0-5 year olds) my little man loved it and crafted a paper owl after in the cafe. My mum came along and paid for brews. Then went to a bistro/bar/cafe/grocery shop nearby and had amazing burgers and chilli fries. £30 but it was our anniversary treat we'd budgeted for. We've just watched Fantasia 2000 which I bought before Xmas but we've only just got round to watching. Little man's now in bed.

My mum gave us £500 for our anniversary to spend on the house/garden which was a total surprise as we usually just get a card off them. We seem to be having good luck all over the place with money at the moment. We have enough left from money off the inlaws to do the top part but with this extra we can start on the planned child friendly bit of the garden ( I have it all planned in my head! It's like a chelsea flower show exhibit, I suspect the reality will be different :rotfl:)

Tomorrow we're going to the Trafford centre but I'm only spending birthday money I've got. Even then if I don't love it I'm not buying it :) The trick is going to be avoiding all the cafes.

I'm good at listening to and helping people. Also at picking things up,quickly and having a good memory. This helped me get a coaching role at work which is extra money each week.

I haven't tidied anything today but I'll tackle my bedside drawers tomorrow as they really need doing. I amass toiletries ( lots of gifts) and have no idea what's in there.
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    So far ,spent nothing this month so I've had 5 NSD.
    I've also made things to sell,mainly cards,I do them when I'm in the mood so i always have a stock if somebody wants one or two. Also sell any spare bits of stuff on e-b*y.
    I can cook pretty well,so can my daughters.Dad was good as well good job as mum could burn water!
    Never managed to get the hang of my sewing machine.Think I need someone to give me lessons. Would like to crochet as well.

ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 1024 /2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 24/20
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As predicted today has been a spend day as did a monthly shop for tins and frozen food - should hopefully only need fruit and vegetables over the coming weeks.

I have cleared my credit card - paid the final balance off last night. Am hoping the payments go on before my statement is printed tomorrow.

Still have £7k to pay off to a debt agency who brought a credit card I defaulted on so next target is that one.

Today I am grateful for:
    1. DH doing sausage casserole for tea (DH and DD had pasta but I had roast potatoes - well it is Sunday!!)
    2. Paying off my credit card
    3. Walking the dogs twice today and not getting wet on either walk.
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spend your day yesterday and SFD today. Got stupidly drunk last night at a charity event and have been paying for it all day. I'm so glad to be getting back into bed.

Today I am grateful for:-

- my mum cooking Sunday dinner
    - my lovely dogs who have kept me company all day
    - someone putting a good offer in on my gran's house, it'll be a weight off my dad's mind when it sells
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • SkintTeacher
    SkintTeacher Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 5 March 2017 at 10:24PM
    Options
    So interesting to hear about you all :) all good here, very cheap Sunday although not an NSD, definitely a Low Spend Day and they're almost as good. Back to 5 in a row NSDs tomorrow. Training paid for for Wednesday, swim Thursday doesn't count. Got friends over for Saturday tea but will see what can be done cheaply and at least it isn't eating out. Sunday no plans but should visit my dad.
    Grateful for:
    A child willing to go outside!
    The rain washing my car for free
    My mum's house (home from home)
    Another run snuck in this morning before it tipped it down
    My plan to keep my G cups under wraps for my wedding dress seems to work (it involves gorilla tape)
    Still having skin on my boobs

Have a great week all! :D
  • SkintTeacher
    Options
    As predicted today has been a spend day as did a monthly shop for tins and frozen food - should hopefully only need fruit and vegetables over the coming weeks.

I have cleared my credit card - paid the final balance off last night. Am hoping the payments go on before my statement is printed tomorrow.

Still have £7k to pay off to a debt agency who brought a credit card I defaulted on so next target is that one.

Today I am grateful for:
    1. DH doing sausage casserole for tea (DH and DD had pasta but I had roast potatoes - well it is Sunday!!)
    2. Paying off my credit card
    3. Walking the dogs twice today and not getting wet on either walk.

:T well done on paying it off!!! Must be a weight off your mind!?
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Will reply to everyone tomorrow. Still very tired but no aches and pains from yesterday's walking (got to stay positive). Have a loose plan for the week - based on my counsellor's five things to do in the week - just need two fun 'things for me' which I will get done (Counsellor just rolls them over to the next week).

I need things to happen and I will do them, even if crawling round on my hands and knees with a cloth on each of them.

Today I am grateful for rest, for not feeling like eating much (think portion control is kicking in) and for finding bacon soup in the freezer (back of the drawer, under a pile of veg).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport