The New Adventures of Fortune

Options

Comments

• doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Oooh, your breakfast had me running to conjure up something of my own

Have a good week Fortune :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The photographer arrived yesterday along with a viewing :eek: I got a call from the Agent in the morning saying he had a lady with him who had been waiting to see the house and was desperate to view. He thought it might be possible as he knew the house would be ready for photographing. Well it's one thing piling everything up on the landing so the rooms to be photographed are clear and another to have the house ready for viewing! But I said yes and then stuffed everything into cupboards as quickly as I could.

The lady was supposed to meet the Agent at the house but turned up half and hour early with husband and toddler in tow. I had to start the viewing myself but thankfully the Agent arrived at the same time as the photographer so I could hand over the viewing to get the other stuff done.

I got some lovely feedback from the Agent and the photographer who thought I'd presented the house well. Feedback from the viewers was good too but I don't think we are the house for them. Apparently they need more bedrooms :p They had been told the number of bedrooms before the viewing but I think they thought the house would be able to grow some more by the time they got here :rotfl:

All good experience for me though - I feel as though I've ripped the Band Aid off ;) and it will be easier from here on in. We should get the photos and bumpff today and tomorrow so will be in the R1ghtm0v£ catalogue by the end of the week.

Mr F gets paid soon and might get his bonus. I think its funny the way his company distribute the bonuses - nothing is ever said about them, they either appear in your salary or they don't. It will be very welcome if it does appear because all extra funds are being directed to moving costs.

My suggestions to anyone thinking of putting their house on the market:

1) make sure people have seen the photographs before they view the house. If they are that interested they'll be prepared to wait for the photos and you will know that they have put some thought into whether the house meets their needs beforehand

2) if you are going to bring daffodils into the house from the garden, make sure they are free of hundreds of pollen beetle who will time their synchronised flight to the kitchen window with the arrival of your viewers :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I don't think they noticed :o

Wish me luck

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    2) if you are going to bring daffodils into the house from the garden, make sure they are free of hundreds of pollen beetle who will time their synchronised flight to the kitchen window with the arrival of your viewers :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I don't think they noticed :o

Wish me luck

Fortune x

:rotfl::rotfl:Oh Fortune, dearest - you did make me larf :D I met up with our most favouritist Community Midwife yesterday, and gave her some daffs. Here's hoping if there was any pollen beetles in them, they'd wipe their feet before entering her home, after all, they weren't just any auld daffs, they were m&$ daffs...... :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm not entirely sure that logic and prior planning can be assumed of house viewers - but wish you all the luck in the world, that THE buyers are next through the door; with chequebook in hand, and solicitors and removal firm all sorted :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £144.39/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • EatingTheElephant
    Options
    Congratulations on your first viewing Fortune. Fingers crossed some more viewings are as quick off the mark and come along soon.
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl:Oh Fortune, dearest - you did make me larf :D I met up with our most favouritist Community Midwife yesterday, and gave her some daffs. Here's hoping if there was any pollen beetles in them, they'd wipe their feet before entering her home, after all, they weren't just any auld daffs, they were m&$ daffs...... :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm not entirely sure that logic and prior planning can be assumed of house viewers - but wish you all the luck in the world, that THE buyers are next through the door; with chequebook in hand, and solicitors and removal firm all sorted :D

Greying X

I think you're right Greying - one cannot expect logic and prior planning from house viewers :rotfl: However, I am expecting that of myself so shall be pausing and thinking (and inspecting for bugs) before taking any further steps.

The Agent and Photographer were so complimentary about the house that I'm sure we'll find the right buyer at the right time. It's not a mansion but it has beautiful countryside views and double aspect rooms that are full of light. We have been very, very happy here and I believe the house is a happy one as a result. Let's hope our viewers think so anyway.

We are planning a sight seeing/house hunting trip soon and I can't wait to see beautiful Shropshire.

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Congratulations on your first viewing Fortune. Fingers crossed some more viewings are as quick off the mark and come along soon.

Thank you Ele. I can't wait to see the photographs and see the house through someone else's eyes.

Fortune x
  • Darpett
    Darpett Posts: 71 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am following this with interest as this is a journey we are hoping to be able to make in a few years time (although we will be heading up North)

Good luck :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,578 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Great start then :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Nonnadiluca
    Options
    We once sold a small 3 bedroom semi, complete with agents details and comprehensive photos and were told by one lot of viewers that they needed at least 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and by someone else that there wasn't room for their grand piano! When you've spent hours tidying up, not to mention raising your hopes that this might be the sale you need, it's hard not to be very rude!!!!!
    Good luck with it all, I enjoy your diary very much, though I am not the world's most prolific poster.
    Fashion on the ration challenge 2023: 66 - 2 = 64 - 1.5 = 62.5
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,844 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    The house sounds lovely and people can sense if a home has been loved too. I'm sure you will find a buyer soon. Good luck with your house selling/buying journey!
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills