Vodafone Retention Deals

Options

Comments

• kyros
    kyros Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, obviously I am happy to take out a second mortgage (note spelling) for the latest toy that will be out of date in the next year and to be commited to one of the worst networks for the next two years; otherwise I wouldn't have agreed to the contract and posted about it here. But thanks for your stunningly astute and original contribution.
  • Abbey1991
    Options
    Hi,

I'm out of contract with Vodafone and have just obtained a PAC after some discussion but what I really want is for them to make a good offer on a 25GB or 40GB Sim-only plan.

What's the best way to achieve this? Call them again? Live chat? Wait for them to call me? Go to a shop? Wait for the PAC to expire before requesting a new one?

Thank you !
  • KDH_2
    KDH_2 Posts: 130 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 September 2017 at 12:27PM
    Options
    Anyone under the age of 25 looking here who's on a Vodafone SIM only plan and has reached their upgrade date should look at VOXI - no PAC code needed and can (possibly??) use existing SIM.

https://www.voxi.co.uk/plans
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    KDH wrote: »
    Anyone under the age of 25 looking here who's on a Vodafone SIM only plan and has reached their upgrade date should look at VOXI - no PAC code needed and can use existing SIM.

https://www.voxi.co.uk/plans

Perhaps you missed this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5704733 :)
  • Murielson
    Options
    Any special deals for us old folk? 50+, 2 x phones now well out of contract and ready for renewal/change and after best we can get.

Samsung Android and could do with new handset and current contract at £30.50 per month. Also have daughters iphone on our account so just interested in what others might be getting that might be good for us.

Never use all monthly contract minutes, never use all texts but recently stated using more data and therefore want to hike this up. Currently at 500MB but no longer suitable.

Long time with Vodafone but also long time with Tesco so is Tesco mobile comparable with Vodafone coverage nowadays? Thinking Tesco points if worthwhile.
  • Abbey1991
    Options
    That's a lot of questions, probably better to bullet point them and maybe start new threads setting out each person's individual requirements.
  • austinali
    Options
    My contract ends on the 24th Sept and I requested my pac code about 3 weeks ago after failing to negotiate a good deal. I took the contract out 2 years ago and I pay around £33 for the samsung s6, 4gb data and unlimited mins and text.

Yesterday I called an was offered a nearly new iphone 7 128gb with 6gb data and unlimited mins and text for £37.75 a month. Is this worth it?
  • jimroy
    jimroy Posts: 151 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 5 October 2017 at 12:29PM
    Options
    My 12 month SIMO contract ends today and I contacted online chat for my PAC code which was easy enough I thought.

I then called up to cancel my Vodafone Wallet account and have the details taken off my NFC SIM as per online instructions before porting out.

I got put through to Cancelations instead of Customer Care thanks to the infuriating automated bot on the phone and before being transferred through to the correct department was told I had a 40% discount waiting on my account if I wanted to upgrade.

I was offered the usually £17.50pm 500 mins unlimited texts and 5gb data deal for £10.50 per month. And they also added a £21 credit to my account effectively giving me the first two months free.

In all that works out at £8.75pm over 12 months which I think is an excellent deal for me compared with what I was looking at with the competition. (I was looking at porting over either to existing free TalkTalk SIM with a data boost, or GifGaf or Tesco Mobile. I can only rely on Vodafone or O2 signal wise).
  • Jonesbo
    Jonesbo Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    jimroy wrote: »
    My 12 month SIMO contract ends today and I contacted online chat for my PAC code which was easy enough I thought.

I then called up to cancel my Vodafone Wallet account and have the details taken off my NFC SIM as per online instructions before porting out.

I got put through to Cancelations instead of Customer Care thanks to the infuriating automated bot on the phone and was told I had a 40% discount waiting on my account if I wanted to upgrade.

I got the usually £17.50pm 500 mins unlimited texts and 5gb data deal for £10.50 per month. And they also added a £21 credit to my account effectively giving me the first two months free.

In all that works out at £8.75pm over 12 months which I think is an excellent deal for me compared with what I was looking at with the competition. (I was looking at porting over either to existing free TalkTalk SIM, or GifGaf or Tesco Mobile. I can only rely on Vodafone or O2 signal wise).

Similar to the deal I got.

BUT... check your bills everyone!

I've been overcharged two years running now when they haven't put the contract through properly. Currently being charged £27pm because they've cocked up yet again. I'll get it back it's fine, but just be aware VF are notorious for this since they switched their billing systems and it's still happening.
  • euroreisender
    Options
    Hello. I am a continued Vodafone customer of more than 10 years. I am looking at gettint the 40GB with free Spotify for £30 SIM only deal, but I would ideally like to try to bring this down to around the £25 per month mark. What can I realistically expect in this regard? I managed to get my first two months free on my last 12 months SIM only deal after I insisted I was leaving Vodafone after having found a better deal on EE.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback