Are there any £1 Direct Debits?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• TOP_CAT
    Options
    I doubt some of those pushing charity as reasoning will want to answer that .
  • das1969
    Options
    Homeserve are currently offering Electrical Emergency cover for £1 per month via DD, also Plumbing cover for 75p per month, each for the first 12 months
  • Ashen
    Ashen Posts: 592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 September 2018 at 1:26AM
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    Are they being independently audited, and where do those audits get published, do you know?
    I would have thought that would be obvious by the very next sentence in my post!
    Ideally there would be a little bit more background, but to take them at their word, better to use them.
    I was just highlighting what they say they donate, and that, if you choose to believe them, one says they aim to donate more than the other.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    das1969 wrote: »
    Homeserve are currently offering Electrical Emergency cover for £1 per month via DD, also Plumbing cover for 75p per month, each for the first 12 months

Not a bad shout but only if you're disciplined enough to note a diary date and cancel it after a year:

The price will be different for existing and returning customers. The price will increase at renewal. Currently customers in their second year are paying £8.56 a month, £102.72 for the year for this policy, provided they have made no claims.
  • Fan_Of_2018
    Options
    Ashen wrote: »
    Just to clarify - 50% of it does according toOnePoundDD's website.

Whereas Little Debits say this:
    100% of any profits will then go to the high impact charities shown below. We aim for this to be at least 75p from every £1, and it will increase as more people use the service.

Ideally there would be a little bit more background, but to take them at their word, better to use them.
    If you want to give to charity there are charities which take £1 dd's, then you know its going to charity. These are for people who just want a short convenient cheap DD.
  • Ashen
    Ashen Posts: 592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you want to give to charity there are charities which take £1 dd's, then you know its going to charity. These are for people who just want a short convenient cheap DD.
    I'm aware of this - my post was made in reply to someone saying "at least the DDs go to charities", I pointed out it was only 50% to avoid anyone reading that and thinking it all went to charity.

I also highlighted that the other service says they aim to give more than that (whether we believe them or not), for anyone that does have a need to use one or the other.
  • tryin
    tryin Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    https://smalldirectdebit.co.uk has direct debits for £1 a year. That is good for all bank switches. It also qualifies for the Santander 123 account requirements. They have a list of different banks and whether you need money going out each month to qualify, or you can use the yearly direct debit here
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure