Are there any £1 Direct Debits?

Options

Comments

• TOP_CAT
    TOP_CAT Posts: 583 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes your right I have forgotten but Mayghal didnt .

Mayghal from oneponddd replied that registering on tue 22nd and setting DD,s up for the last day of the month of may would be successful .

So i said I would let others on MSE know the outcome good or bad .
    I imagine others using similar sites will know how long it takes as they are all part of Go .....whatsit called ?
    Gocardless ???
  • Kernel_Sanders
    Kernel_Sanders Posts: 3,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    TOP_CAT wrote: »
    Yes your right I have forgotten but Mayghal didnt .

Mayghal from oneponddd replied that registering on tue 22nd and setting DD,s up for the last day of the month of may would be successful .

So i said I would let others on MSE know the outcome good or bad .
    I imagine others using similar sites will know how long it takes as they are all part of Go .....whatsit called ?
    Gocardless ???
    No, they just use GoCardless. 31st May DDs still available at Little Debits, for example, and probably in the morning too.
  • TREVORCOLMAN
    TREVORCOLMAN Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    Re PO savings I opened an account online and set up a one off DD as part of the opening process. When I went to the site it said regular savings can be added by standing order? How do I set up a regular DD please?
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • TOP_CAT
    Options
    The direct debits I set up with Mayghai from OnepoundDD,s went out on the 31st May as he said and I hoped for .
    The email replys from Mayghai have been very quick and helpful so overall excellent !
    I now need to rearrange my all my Direct Debits for the future as have now gained a couple of geniune DD,s monthly bills
    So some more chopping and changing admin for OnepoundDD and the Dogs Trust to do before its all set up for 4 x halifax accounts .
  • Deneb
    Deneb Posts: 420 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I may try OnePoUndDD which seems a better looking site than little debits ?

I used Little Debits for three one-off direct debits that I required for two BOS accounts last month, as alternative arranged direct debits don't start until next month.

Happy to report that all worked flawlessly and the two direct debits from Little Debits taken from one account were both treated as separate direct debits by BOS and interest received today.

Emails also received from Little Debits confirming both setting up and expiry of all three direct debits.
  • Fan_Of_2018
    Options
    I may try OnePoUndDD which seems a better looking site than little debits ?
    Who cares what the site looks like? the main thing is that they work. They are collected by GoCardless, which is a large reputable company.
  • TOP_CAT
    edited 21 September 2018 at 2:44PM
    Options
    OnePoundDD is collected by GoCardless I ended up using them short term providing DD,s on my Halifax 4 reward accounts.
    The service and comms were excellent so I felt that needed confirmation on here afterwards as thats what the thread is about .
  • Radaday
    Options
    OnePoundDD is collected by GoCardless I ended up using them short term providing DD,s on my Halifax 4 reward accounts.
    The service and comms were excellent so I felt that needed confirmation on here afterwards as thats what the thread is about .

Iv used these to for my BOS accounts 2 DD for each one and they work ok.
    At least the DD go to Charities
  • Ashen
    Ashen Posts: 592 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Radaday wrote: »
    Iv used these to for my BOS accounts 2 DD for each one and they work ok.
    At least the DD go to Charities
    Just to clarify - 50% of it does according toOnePoundDD's website.

Whereas Little Debits say this:
    100% of any profits will then go to the high impact charities shown below. We aim for this to be at least 75p from every £1, and it will increase as more people use the service.

Ideally there would be a little bit more background, but to take them at their word, better to use them.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ashen wrote: »

Whereas Little Debits say this:
    100% of any profits will then go to the high impact charities shown below. We aim for this to be at least 75p from every £1, and it will increase as more people use the service.
    Are they being independently audited, and where do those audits get published, do you know?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure