New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 8:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.2K replies 175.3K views

Replies

• Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning it's a sunny Bank Holiday so far !

Today I am aiming for a NSD. I have food in stores and cheap pizza bought yesterday. Friends are also bringing food so we can share. It's nearly 8am which is a lie-in for me as I'm usually up at 5am for work / the dog. I have transferred £10 from my holiday fund to cover yesterday's day out / carvery. After all it is a bank Holiday ;)
    I am going to have a cup of tea, put DS bedding on to wash and go back to bed for while :p

Yesterday I had to use up an unopened pack of ham going out of date so I made 4 Ham rolls with bread from shopping list and wrapped then individually and froze them. I can take one out each morning for lunch tue to Friday. I read about this on the thrift threads. :D

Decluttering week 21 - W/e sun 26 may. Empty boxes into recycling. Old shower hose in bin. 2 bags shredding into bin. 1 pot pourii in glass bowl - Christmas gift unused, into charity bag. 1 old clean but faded pillow case to rags under sink for cleaning.

Hoping to do more decluttering later today. Have a good day everyone
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £191 / £1000
    4.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a lovely afternoon yesterday with friends. Had a cheapo bottle rose and found bottle of prosecco in cupboard Christmas pressie so mixed them together & shared between 3 of us. I cooked pizzas, friends brought nachos & salsa and Lemon drizzle cake nom nom :D

Been to work this morning then hospital for more speech therapy. Apparently my larynx is moving back into place and my speech has improved and pain reduced so all good !

Popped to tesco and got black bin bags, 6 pack crisps and 5 pack bananas £2.62 used voucher £2.50 & used 12p cash from the 18p lurking in my purse.

Took porridge & mashed banana for breakfast. Frozen ham sandwich was a success. (Was defrosted by the time I ate it lol) Am having fish pie for dinner from freezer with frozen peas. Will get last few bits for this week in aldee tomorrow I have £4.41 to last till payday on Friday !
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on hospital appointment glad you are recovering. The food you bought sounds great. Roll on payday.
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
    4.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its been raining on and off all day today. Still eating from stores will go shopping on Friday when I've been paid. Todays menu was

Breakfast (7am)- Porridge with mashed banana and honey
    Lunch - (11am) - frozen ham roll (defrosted) & crisps
    Mid afternoon - (3pm) - home made vegetable soup
    Dinner - (7pm) roast chicken breast, roasted potatoes, broccoli gravy

Tomorrow will be the same apart from the evening meal will be the last of the batch cooked chilli with either rice or chips.

I walked puppy dog in the rain. The council grass cutting tractor was coming off the field when we arrived and puppy dog rolled in all the cut grass and came home green :rotfl:

I have been tidying the utility room. Big bag of junk thrown out including 3 plastic tubs, old gel cool mat that puppy dog no longer uses, half of the old bedding I used for painting / dust sheet covers (still have loads), lots of old bubble wrap ...I keep thinking it will get used but it has been there about 5 years !!! I am trying to be ruthless. :p
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    4.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Payday :j

I went shopping after work and spent £25.01 including clothes washing liquid. My new food budget is £100 a month so £25 a week for June, so was really pleased with that :D

As I have been so good for the last two weeks ;) with meal planning I am having a KFC delivered tonight with a 15% off code which DS's gf gave me for just eat, total spend £7.78 paid out of this months entertainment budget. I was going to get fish and chips and went to the cashpoint for £10 but when I got to the chip shop it was shut ! I will use that £10 for lunch out tomorrow for a friends birthday. I already have a card from my birthday stash.

I will work out my monthly budget tomorrow. I should be able to save £250 this month. £100 into emergency fund, £100 into annual bills account and £50 into birthdays/Christmas/holiday fund.
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurrah for sticking to the new budget. Well done on savings and yum to KFC. I had crackers and rice crispies as I haven't been shopping. lol.Tomorrow's going to be warm so do have fun at your friend's birthday.
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
  • thrifty-hayleythrifty-hayley Forumite
    120 posts
    Yay to KFC and well done for sticking to your budget. My freezer is starting to empty, doing a big shop on tuesday to fill it up again so will see how much more space I can make before then.
    #84 Make £2020 in 2020 challenge
    Grocery Challenge January £0/£80
  • edited 2 June 2019 at 7:15AM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 2 June 2019 at 7:15AM
    Statement of Affairs and Personal Balance Sheet
    Household Information

Number of adults in household........... 1
    Number of children in household.........
    Number of cars owned.................... 1
    Monthly Income Details

Monthly income after tax................ 1124.9
    Partners monthly income after tax....... 0
    Benefits................................ 0
    Other income...........................190 share of bills from DS & gf
    Total monthly income.................... 1314.9

Monthly Expense Details

Mortgage................. 227.4
    Council tax.............. 140
    Electricity................. 70 & gas
    Water rates.............. 46
    Telephone (land line). 52 & TIVO TV & internet
    Mobile phone............ 7.52
    TV Licence...............12.37
    Groceries etc. ......... 100
    Clothing................... 0 paid from annual bills
    Petrol/diesel............ 40
    Road tax.............. . 0 paid from annual bills
    Car Insurance.......... 0 paid from annual bills
    Car maintenance (including MOT)...28.04
    Medical (prescriptions, dentist etc).... 0 free
    Pet insurance/vet bills...0 paid by DS
    Buildings insurance.......0 paid from annual bills
    Contents insurance...... 0 paid from annual bills
    Presents (birthday, christmas etc)..50
    Haircuts..................... 0 paid from annual bills
    Entertainment............ 50
    Holiday..................... 0 paid from 2 months council tax free
    Emergency fund...... 100
    annual bills ............ 100
    dog food fund........... 10
    union fees................. 7.92
    Total monthly expenses.................. 1041.25

Secured & HP Debts[/b]
    Description........Debt......Monthly...APR
    Mortgage............. 0........(227.4)....0
    Total secured & HP debts...... 0.........-.........-

Unsecured Debts
    Description....Debt......Monthly...APR
    car ................0.........160.......0
    credit card........0.........50........0
    Total unsecured debts..210.......-

Monthly Budget Summary[/b]
    Total monthly income.................... 1,314.9
    Expenses (including HP & secured debts). 1,041.25
    Available for debt repayments........... 273.65
    Monthly UNsecured debt repayments....... 210
    Amount left after debt repayments....... 63.65

Created using the SOA calculator at www.stoozing.com.
    Reproduced on Moneysavingexpert with permission, using other browser.

This is my budget for June.
    Annual bills is £100 per month = £1200
    = breakdown cover Jan £61.60 / car tax due end Feb £115 / house insurance 1 may £176.96 / car insurance due DEC £193.60 / hair £42 x 6 = £252 = £799.16 plus any clothes I buy (estimate £120 a year & I also use any birthday money received for clothes)
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    4.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am home alone with the dog for a week DS has gone on holiday and his gf moves in when he gets back so I am enjoying the quiet !

Had a good day out yesterday for friends birthday paid for from Xmas/birthday/holiday fund. Today I am just chillin :D been out with the puppy dog this morning, just dog carpet to hoover and work trousers to iron later.

Decluttering week 22 w/e sun 2 June

1 drawer clothes sorted
    10 tops not worn for years cleared from wardrobe
    2 tubs of shredding
    Utility room tidied one sack of junk cleared still more to do !
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    4.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Took porridge and banana with honey to work for breakfast and a sandwich & crisps from my grocery shopping. Called off at petrol station on the way home as petrol light was on. Put £20 in car, should last 2 weeks. Spent £6 in shop on bananas, milk 4 pints, 8 pack of Pepsi max on offer & carrots for puppy dog. Found £1 on the floor near my car :D

Took puppy dog to the vet to get weighed. She loves it in the car with the windows down and she loves the vets. Bought her some biscuits with the found £1 and then for a run around after her ball on the field. Cooked Thai red curry for tea & pack of micro rice 49p. Enough left for another meal. Have frozen the leftover coconut milk, wasn't sure if it would freeze but checked online & should be ok. May need a good blast with my electric whisk when it's defrosted as it might separate but should be ok.
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE