Get a grip !

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Hope you are feeling ok SW x I went to the chemist today to pick up some meds and had my free flu jab. I asked about the MMR jab but they said its only a certain generation that needs it as they missed it first time. I had it according to papers DM gave me a few years ago. Apparently they are writing to everyone who needs it.

Called off at aldi on the way home for food shopping for next week total spend £38.95. Got home and put away shopping and it started raining so 2 dog walks today in the rain. Rubber bone still standing up to puppy teeth ! She loves chewing and squeaking it :rotfl:

I've had a frozen pizza bought last week in aldi for dinner. DS popped in to say hello on his way home from work on way to his gf. Have been having a bit of a clear out and tidy up and as DS is hardly here any more it actually stays tidy ;) 2 bags of "stuff" out for bin men in morning.

Odd pennies in my current account tonight 26p into my emergency fund now totalling £41.76
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think I had it year's ago as well. The GP said I should have it. Check with your GP.

Well done on Aldi shop. All is well here. Roll on the weekend. :j
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Arm is sore following flu jab but no other side effects. Dr surgery pointed me to this for MMR jab
    people born between 1970 and 1979, may have only been vaccinated against measles
    people born from 1980 to 1990, may not be protected against mumps

As I was born in the dim and distant past it seems I don't need it.

Windy out this morning but warm. Puppy has been fed and is snoozing. I want to get some washing done later today, make the bed in the spare room for DF arriving tomorrow and scrub down the patio.

Lots of plans for next week. days out with DF and he is going to make me a radiator cover for the puppy room so we can turn the radiator on this winter. It was cold without it last year but she kept touching it with her nose :( poor pooch, so we turned it off. Radiator covers large enough are around £100+ so hopefully we can make something cheaper, it doesn't have to be pretty ;)

The fridge and freezer are full of food so I shouldn't need to do any shopping next week and can just pick up milk locally.

I've decided to have a week off from posting on MSE and boring you all :rotfl: I just need a complete break from work and worrying about money but will still be careful with budgeting and spending.

Have a good week everyone x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hello Skinty, enjoy your week off. PS You don't bore me, you keep me company on my journey, a friend in arms during my financial journey.

The radiator cover sounds like a good project - it's fab that DS can do things like that and lil pup will be happy!

Enjoy the week and let's hope the weather is good.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh, I might be one of those people who need the jab, born in 1971! I'm going for my flu jab this week, but am currently languishing on the sofa with a cold and fever. Hope I'll be back to fighting fitness by Thursday and be fine to have the jab.

Please don't disappear, you're lovely and not dull at all! xx
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Hi folks have had a lovely week :)

Weather has been fab apart from 1 day of damp / rain and we've been out and about and had some nice lunches / dinners out / takeaways. I took £50 out of the birthday/xmas/holiday fund and stayed within budget. DF also made me a radiator cover which came in just under my £50 budget at around £47 and was paid for from savings in the household bills account.

I've paid the pet insurance money onto my credit card £559 and still £100 excess to pay. If I stay on budget for the rest of this month I should have £100 left to cover that.

I've paid another £50 to my 0% credit card so once that has cleared I will update my signature and should be down to £1060 and I will try and pay £61 next month to bring it under £1000 which will feel better ;)

So today is washing, mopping kitchen floor and hoovering. Df has set off home :( Just taking dog out for a walk its a lovely sunny morning here. Back to work tomorrow.

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hello glad you had a great week and feel rested. Well done on the radiator cover. I hope you enjoy the gorgeous weather today.
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    The weather has been lovely again today. Me and the dog went for a walk on the common and the tide was in so she went for a splash :D followed by a shake all over me !

We've just been chillin' all afternoon. I've been watching xfactor and it would have been a NSD but I had a bar of chocolate £1 from shop :o bought with change left over from the pub yesterday so I'm not sure it counts as a spend !! :rotfl: Dogs curled up in chair snoring

I've decided not to continue with transferring odd pennies between savings at the end of the day. Although it does soon add up its a bit too micro managed for me.

Just going to bring my washing in before the sun goes it and it gets cool and damp. Having something from freezer for tea as CBA to cook.

Living off savings diary
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    How totally chilled was that post? CBA - I know exactly what you mean! I have done some ironing and more washing. I am so happy the weather is so good.
  • pinknsparkly
    Options
    Hi Skinty!

Snoring dogs + chocolate + TV viewing sounds like a perfect evening. I'd absolutely love a doggo, but we both work full time so it just wouldn't be fair. My husband was desperate for a cat for years and I just don't understand the attraction, I wanted a dog but would be unfair on them, so we compromised and got a cat :D:D:D turns out I love him (and am now much fonder of all cats, though I'm still a dog girl at heart!).

I know what you mean about the transferring the tiny amounts around. You have to do what's right for you - you do YOU and let others do them! I have also stopped doing it as it often meant we ended up a little bit short at the end of the month and had to transfer £20-£30 out of the savings but had only tidied around £15 into them. Somehow, not doing the tidies seems to mean that we don't need to dip into the savings (or maybe I've finally managed to get my husband on board?). I currently intend to start doing them again once we get a mortgage, but will see how it goes when we get to that point!

xxx
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback