Options

Comments

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys, can I join?

I am hoping to make £100 this month.

So far I have made £38.73 on Top Cash Back. Finally!
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good luck with your eBay listings, January. Another one here who hates that job:eek:

:wave: Florence J and welcome to the challenge. Happy to have you onboard. You've already made a great start to February:T. If there's anything you'd like to know just ask. Good luck:beer:

I hope you're all managing to keep warm. Snowing slightly here:eek: but I don't think it will settle.
  • Surfchik80
    Options
    Ahhh righteo, a quick update now the terrorists are asleep and I have a moment to think!

£25 Swags gift card
    £17.14 Quidco
    £8.46 Ebay after fees.

New total £50.60. In other news, I desperately needed to replace my old boots. I try very hard to follow the one in, one out (or sometimes two!!) rule and I was pleased to find a pristine pair of brown suede boots by marks in my local charity shop for £6.99! They look like they have only been worn once or twice at most and would have been easily £50-80 new! Even if I don't like them, I can sell them on for about £20-40, but either way, its probably saved me around £30+ on new ones. Happy days :)

Welcome to all the newbies! Lots and lots of good info and knowledge to be found here. Hope everyone does well and finds inspiration!
    £10 a day 2017 - APR £60.12 / MAR £82.24 / FEB £142.82 / JAN £241.24
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another eb@y item sold giving me £6.53 profit after fees and I've just done another bundle for WBB for £12.39.

I'm loving this challenge, I've not been moving money from payp@l into my account and it was a nice surprise to log on tonight and see last months money sitting there!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening lovely peoples and a warm welcome to the 'Fred' Florence :hello: See you've made a good start so good luck with the rest of the month. I've added you to the list of challengers (post 3) :D

:T :T Well done all those forging ahead with making monies :T :T Those using the bay of e have my support and I think you're all brilliant with your perseverance :dance: It always sounds quite a faff doing it all and jumping through their hoops.

I have been looking at buying a decent shopping trolley for a-g-e-s, but sturdy, waterproof ones are soo expensive. Today I found one on the amazing site reduced by £12, so snapped one up :rotfl:
    It will be great for walking to the shops, when this awful weather improves, but even more so to get to the library. Will report back when it arrives next week :) This will save me having to keep asking DH to take me, as and when convenient to him. So I can go when I like and save on the fuel as well :j

I guess you'll be rushing around t/m CBC, sorting 'stuff' for your new-to-you table top on Saturday. Hope you do really well with it :D

Hope you all have a fabulous Friday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening

Just won 50p on quidco finding Cupid game. Also withdrawn another £50 from cashbackearners but need to take off £40 for deposits made on slots sites (some from last month) and £15 from 888 plus £4.50 from Shopmium so £29.50 to add for now as will wait till I cash out to add quidco win

Have day off tomorrow. Yay!!
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 10 February 2017 at 2:56AM
    Options
    lynnejk wrote: »
    I have been looking at buying a decent shopping trolley for a-g-e-s, but sturdy, waterproof ones are soo expensive. Today I found one on the amazing site reduced by £12, so snapped one up :rotfl:
    It will be great for walking to the shops, when this awful weather improves, but even more so to get to the library. Will report back when it arrives next week :) This will save me having to keep asking DH to take me, as and when convenient to him. So I can go when I like and save on the fuel as well :j

I guess you'll be rushing around t/m CBC, sorting 'stuff' for your new-to-you table top on Saturday. Hope you do really well with it :D

Lx

Thank for your kind wishes:A. I did all the rushing around yesterday (it was a cheap way of keeping warm;)) so I don't have much to do now except put the last boxes in the car. I hate leaving things to the last minute whatever I do as something often crops up to scupper my plans big time:eek:

I hope you'll enjoy your trolley and get lots of use out of it:beer:. I bought one last year to help with my Phone Book deliveries. It was an unbelievable bargain (from Argos clearance section, probably a returned item although had a fault too:(). Really sturdy and was worth it's weight in gold:j. OH had a bit of a problem attaching the wheels (I struggled with it and passed it over to him. One of the axles was the wrong size but I was in a rush to use it and didn't have the time to send it back). He improvised with something he had in the Aladdin's Cave of his shed and it was perfect after that:j. I used it when I was delivering in a very large village with real roads and footpaths (not the paths and lanes I'm normally used to) but where there was very little on-street parking and none near where I wanted to be;). The trolley saved me so much time going back and forth to the car for more books. Have never used it for anything else but will always use it for the deliveries if I get a town/village route as it can hold quite a weight:T
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What have you lot got me into :eek:
    I am still raiding the loft, but I have also decided to box up all the books, DVDs and CDs we never take off the shelf except to dust and sat last night driving my OH mad. I had a barcode scanner and was scanning each book, DVD and CD between four different online sites to find the best price for each. I had four boxes on the floor in front of me (one for each online site) and spent the evening 'beeping' away. OH put up with it....just! I had a 5th box for charity shop and a bag for 'bin' for those that were scratched/ripped etc.

Clearing the books, DVDs and CD has forecast an income of just over £100 (we had a lot). Amazing price differences on some items between the sites. For example one site offered me £0.12 for one particular book and another one offered me £5.90 for the same book. Guess which box that book went into :rotfl:

I won't count the income until I actually receive it but even so, the house is looking so much bigger and clearer already :j

I know I could sell them on eBay or Amazon but this is easier
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What have you lot got me into :eek:
    I am still raiding the loft, but I have also decided to box up all the books, DVDs and CDs we never take off the shelf except to dust and sat last night driving my OH mad. I had a barcode scanner and was scanning each book, DVD and CD between four different online sites to find the best price for each. I had four boxes on the floor in front of me (one for each online site) and spent the evening 'beeping' away. OH put up with it....just! I had a 5th box for charity shop and a bag for 'bin' for those that were scratched/ripped etc.

Clearing the books, DVDs and CD has forecast an income of just over £100 (we had a lot). Amazing price differences on some items between the sites. For example one site offered me £0.12 for one particular book and another one offered me £5.90 for the same book. Guess which box that book went into :rotfl:

I won't count the income until I actually receive it but even so, the house is looking so much bigger and clearer already :j

I know I could sell them on eBay or Amazon but this is easier

well done January2015. :j I agree it takes too long to sell on amazon and ebay and I want the space so off it goes.

keep on going. you are doing well.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank for your kind wishes:A. I did all the rushing around yesterday (it was a cheap way of keeping warm;)) so I don't have much to do now except put the last boxes in the car. I hate leaving things to the last minute whatever I do as something often crops up to scupper my plans big time:eek:

I hope you'll enjoy your trolley and get lots of use out of it:beer:. I bought one last year to help with my Phone Book deliveries. It was an unbelievable bargain (from Argos clearance section, probably a returned item although had a fault too:(). Really sturdy and was worth it's weight in gold:j. OH had a bit of a problem attaching the wheels (I struggled with it and passed it over to him. One of the axles was the wrong size but I was in a rush to use it and didn't have the time to send it back). He improvised with something he had in the Aladdin's Cave of his shed and it was perfect after that:j. I used it when I was delivering in a very large village with real roads and footpaths (not the paths and lanes I'm normally used to) but where there was very little on-street parking and none near where I wanted to be;). The trolley saved me so much time going back and forth to the car for more books. Have never used it for anything else but will always use it for the deliveries if I get a town/village route as it can hold quite a weight:T

amazing and well done OH on having the right wheel.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure