IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPS TNC Notice to keeper over 200 days later

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    All of the above except the FCA, replace that with the Credit Services Association if TNC are members. And the DVLA.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bimma
    bimma Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    judging from this most recent email, it looks like dvla finally acknowledge there is a problem with TNC conduct

and BPA, after three emails trying to wriggle out of complaint , they were stating "we cannot cancel tickets" they have also acknowleged that there is a problem, TNC should not be acting as if though the ticket is at debt recovery whilst at appeal stage.

[FONT=&quot]Dear Mr .......................[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your further email which has been passed to me to respond.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I can confirm that I have been in touch with BPA regarding the issues that you and others have experienced with TNC Parking Services. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]BPA have already advised TNC that they cannot support them sending a Notice to Keeper as a Debt Collector and over 6 months after the date of event. They have advised them to stop immediately. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If any further applications are made to DVLA, whether on a V888/2 (which is the correct form for a debt collector) or a V888/3 (which TNC should have used if they knew that a Notice to Keeper hadn’t been sent and were intending on sending one themselves) and if they are requesting information outside of the six months, they will be rejected back to the applicant.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Debt Collectors who collect debt for unpaid parking charges have to be a member of a parking ATA. In this case BPA. I am awaiting confirmation from BPA that they have brought this further complaint to the attention of TNC. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Any allegations regarding breaching the Data Protection Act should be brought to the attention of the ICO.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I hope this answers your complaint but I will be in contact again if any further information comes to light.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Kind regards [/FONT]
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    "Debt Collectors who collect debt for unpaid parking charges have to be a member of a parking ATA"

umm ,, is that so ? MIL springs to mind
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    MIL are not a debt collector though, big difference.

Well done bimma for persevering!
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    MIL are not a debt collector though, big difference.

Well done bimma for persevering!

http://www.milcollections.co.uk/

MIL Collections offer a seamless debt recovery and debt purchase solution.

no , they can,t be debt collectors , there website must be lieing
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Yes but in the case of parking PCNs they don't act as debt collectors.
  • bimma
    edited 7 March 2017 at 2:31PM
    Options
    after trying to fob me off about 3 times stating "we dont have the power to cancel PCNs", then me explaining in simple short sentences with bullit points that i wasnt asking for the PCN to be cancelled but reporting a breach of code. this is the most recent reply from BPA...

[FONT=&quot]Good afternoon,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your reply.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We can confirm that we are aware of the details of your enquiry, and have contacted the operator to make them aware of your concerns.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have also contacted TNC to enquires as to why you received a letter asking for payment on 10th February 2017, within the 28 day timescale you have to pay or appeal. TNC have advised that UK Parking Solutions did not inform them that an appeal had been received and subsequently rejected. Due to this, TNC progressed the charge to the debt recovery stage. TNC have confirmed that your charge is on hold on their system, pending the appeal outcome. They have confirmed that no more letters will be issued to you before the appeal outcome. They have stated that if the appeal is unsuccessful then the account will revert back to the beginning of the 28 day cycle and only £100.00 will be payable. If the appeal is successful they will close the account as no further action will be required.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have now contacted UK Parking Solutions to ask for their comments on the above, and we will be in touch once a reply is received and the investigation is resolved.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have internal processes and a Sanctions Scheme that is applied to all parking operators within our membership, and annual audits are carried out to address any issues that may arise. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Under this scheme Operators who breach the Code can expect to receive a number of sanction points dependent upon the breach. I am sure you appreciate that such disciplinary action is confidential and I am unable to inform you of any specific details regarding any member of the AOS Scheme.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your patience whilst this is being looked into.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Yours Sincerely, [/FONT]
  • bimma
    edited 8 March 2017 at 2:27PM
    Options
    update 08/03/ 17

had email from BPA stating UKPS replied saying human error in communication led to mix up with TNC issuing the letters and as such they have decided that the PCN is CANCELLED, and the letter confirming this from UKPS was attached to email.

A big thank you to all those who guided me along the way, it is really appreciated, without your knowledge and guidance, it would not have been possible. I owe you guys a drink or two.

Shall i inform popla of this or leave it

:T:T:T:beer::beer::beer:
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Leave it, they have to tell POPLA and you will win!

Well done!
  • Rich2316
    Rich2316 Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    We have also contacted TNC to enquires as to why you received a letter asking for payment on 10th February 2017, within the 28 day timescale you have to pay or appeal. TNC have advised that UK Parking Solutions did not inform them that an appeal had been received and subsequently rejected.

BPA and TNC lying shysters
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport