The Smoosh Bottle...........

Replies

• ElusiveLucyElusiveLucy Forumite
    686 Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭
    Every 2 or 3 years I ask for a Terramundi pot for Christmas and my dad chooses one for me. I put all my £1 and £2 coins in it and you have to smash it to get them out. It is always a bit of a lottery as to when to smash it and in the past I have had between £300 and £350 in it. This time I let it get a bit fuller and there was £409 in it when I smashed it. It is a pain in the butt never having an £1 coins in my purse for parking etc, but it is amazing how it adds up over a couple of years. Since there is no way to get the money out I can never be tempted to dip into it. (I did try to get some coins out one time with a knife as I needed them for the laundrette but it damaged the paintwork so haven't done that again!)
    What goes around comes around.....I hope!
  • Aw that's a great idea.

My Mum did get me one but my husband smashed it to get to the £2 coins :p

It is amazing how quickly it builds up.

I keep all my coins separate in a wee coin purse then each week add them to the smoosh bottle.

Trying to get the husband to do it to but that's an ongoing to and fro with us at the moment, just gonna start dipping his pockets soon :rotfl:

Dxxx
  • Been spending all my smoosh these last couple of weeks - bad Dolly!!!

Need to do better from now on.

Dxxx
  • MaxPerwerMaxPerwer Forumite
    31 Posts
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    I have one for £2 coins. Everytime I got one I just put it in the jar. Over the course of the year I saved about £250 it's good because you forget about it :) then you can spend it on crap you don't need! 😋
  • Good stuff.

I save the following;

* 1's, 2's, 5's, 10's and 20's when I can in a massive plastic coke savings bottle
    * 50's in a tin
    * £1's in a piggy bank
    - £2's in a tin

It fair adds up, I've counted and have just over £200ish in there so far.

This is a combination of me saving as much of it as I can each week and raiding the husbands change at night :p

It's all to spend on fun stuff for us anyway so he will appreciate it in the end.

Dxxx
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will empty my purse tomorrow and see what I have. Thanks for the reminder.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • My coin purse is filling up, when its full I will add them to the smoosh bottle and update my figures.

Dxxx
  • Got about £2ish in smoosh in my purse that will add to the bottle when I get home.

Dxxx
  • edited 17 January at 4:45PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 January at 4:45PM
    I am going to copy you. I have no plans to go out for the rest of the holiday except Saturday so will empty pursey poos too.Thanks for the reminder Dolly Rocker.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • I have around £27 in my coin purse right now but I think that will have to help me get through the month if I am being honest!!

Will update later on with what I add.

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides