PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

March 2017 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• PennyGrabber
    PennyGrabber Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Options
    Ive just had the best ys haul ever!! Went to M and got there earlier than usual. Ended up with 16 chicken breasts for £2.44!! All separated and in the freezer, ready to be used over the next few weeks. :j:T:j

I very rarely get meat reduced, so that's a mega saving for me. Got a few other bits too, which I won't need to get during tomorrow's weekky shop now.

PG x
    Grocery challenge for family of three - me, dd(12) and ds(11), feeding dp 2 or 3 x a week too. Only food, not toiletries. Jan £87.97/£100 Feb £0/£100
    Frugal 2018 needed! Saving and NOT spending
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sorry, if not been mentioned but this ends tomorrow at Morrisons, I got 2.

They have a meat pack, for butchers week.

Approx,
    900g pork joint,
    454g mince same diced steak, though mines was more,
    6 sausages & 4 pork steaks for £10.
  • Baileys_Babe
    Baileys_Babe Posts: 5,590 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The meal planning this month is really working for us, I love waking up each day knowing what we are going to eat. Even better we batch cooked some of this month's meals meaning a lot less work day to day.

Spends: £48.11
    Monday £46.37
    Tuesday £1.74 ys items

Remaining: £169.95

Day 14 of my March GC 10 nsd's

Looking at this week I think we will need fresh stuff I guess £20 and we are going out for a meal on Friday, not sure how much we will spend would be good to keep it under £80.

This week went really well, once I had a good look through our fresh food the only thing on my list was bananas, I went shopping and only bought bananas, in fact I didn't look at anything else, 80p spent out of my predicted £20 :j On Friday we needed to travel through the rush hour so our plan had been to go for a meal through the worst of it, as the roads were a lot clearer than expected we drove home picking up a takeaway instead, £30.50 spent when we were hoping to keep it below £80 :j Another bonus of having a takeaway is we have enough for tonight :j meaning we will move tonight planned meal to further in the month into one of the 3 gaps.

Spends: £31.50
    Monday £0.80
    Friday £30.50 takeaway

Remaining: £138.23

Day 23 of my March challenge 17 NSD.

I had planned to go shopping yesterday, but by using UHT milk and excepting the only fresh fruit being apples, oranges and bananas I have delayed it to Monday, also helps that OH makes our bread and we have the ingredients in stock at all times. Today I need to make a list of everything we need until Friday, so I can get up and shop first thing Monday.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Spent £2.06 on a couple of cartons of soya milk, some chilli beans and some wholemeal rolls. Hoping not to spend until hopefully mid next week. Have updated sig.
  • Dharma_Bunny
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am now at £257.86/£200 :rotfl:

I've plenty of staples in, got loads of potatoes, rice, tins of toms etc. and there's a few bits in the freezer I can aim to use up during the week too, so hopefully two small shops can take us through to next Monday.
    Going to roast a chicken later that can be stretched and I shall write a list to take with me to Asda as we usually stock up on treats there so I need to watch myself. :o

Still happy with how it's going, learning where the gaps in the planning are, eg. need to work on what set days for shopping/online deliveries should be.
  • Wysiwyg49
    Wysiwyg49 Posts: 210 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a look at some of Thrifty Lesley's meal plans for inspiration this week...went to A1di then Tesco to fill in the gaps, and only spent £49.19! This included 2 whole large chickens to roast (about £4 each - got one from each shop, but the A1di one looks bigger). We;ll have a roast chicken dinner today and use the rest in lots of different meals.

Really pleased about this total, going to try some meals from some of the meal plans incl. chicken satay and a peperonata which sound very nice. Also planning roast parsnip and apple salad for lunch tomorrow.
    GC Feb 2019 (to 10th) £397.07/£300
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    Hi all x

Just back from Morries and have spent £32.55 on packed lunch food, fruit, veg, dog food, soap powder/softener, toothpaste.
    I will probably need a couple of things mid week but I will wait and see.
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,514 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NSD here :)

My turn to take the strain today - making roast Lamb with all the usual accompaniments. Left over 'lazy' Lime Cheesecake for pud.

The washing has been finished and is all put away, sandwiches and pasta made and packed up for the first couple of days lunches, work clothes all laid out - I leave very early and hate digging around for something to wear ��
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,093 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    An expectedly spendy weekend as son home and offered to go and get some bits from M&S for me so total now at £115/£150
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had to do another small shop today. DH hadn't even bought milk - I've just made Rice Pudding with the on the turn stuff.

£47.42 total this month then.

Shouldn't need anything else this week. Away over the weekend, so should be a great month.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family