Finally getting sorted

Options

Comments

• debtfreeme2015
    Options
    So didn't post last night but yesterday was a no spend day. Went to the coop but they had run out of the meal deal and I refused to pay their prices for anything else so walked out empty handed.

Worked from 7 this am and just got home. Pjs on and under the duvet on the sofa so today will be a no spend day. Working all day tomorrow and picked up 5 extra hours on Saturday so will be over 41 patient hours this week. With travel time and mileage still to be added so hopefully some more pennies towards the credit card.

Still haven't used the credit card this month and 8 days until payday. Am going to have to get more petrol and in the near future will need to get 2 new pairs of work trousers but in Asda they do some for £6 so hopefully can get a couple of pairs of them. Work provide our tunic tops ( I'm a community carer) and we have to just get trousers
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    well done on not using CC :) xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Spent £1.50 today so could have been worse. £1 on another sealed tin and 50p on a selection box as it was cheaper than buying me and mum a chocolate fix each.

Going to be a spendy day tomorrow need full tank of petrol and need to get trousers for work.

Paid £25 off the cc today so new balance £3300. Still along way to go but 6 days until pay day and the credit card is still in it's hiding place.
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Big spend day today :eek: £12 on 2 pairs of work trousers, £32 on fuel but can't work without it then £1.99 on a large sealed tin. Plan is to save as much as I can.
    Also made a £10 overpayment to my loan this morning.
    Payday on Friday but should get pay slip emailed over Thursday so can sort the budget for the next four weeks.

On the plus side still not used the credit card. Usually I wouldn't think twice about using it but not touched it this month and it's still hidden.
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Apr on loan is 5.4% credit card is 17.7% so need to get rid asap. Going to see if I can increase my hours anymore at work
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    No spend day today and hopefully another one tomorrow.

Dyed my hair tonight but do it at home twice a year and it costs me £10 so not awful and all ready had the hair dye in just hadn't got round to using it.

Have loads of soaps and shampoos that I've bought when on special offer so trying to use it before buying any more.

Day off Wednesday and need to go into town. Have to chase the district nurses for grampy and find a dentist who can visit him at home ( he's housebound and in hoisted four times a day) and have to get my eyebrows done. It's expensive but it's the only thing I get done by a professional and normally get it done every six weeks.

Pay day Friday 27th then all direct debits go out weds 1st.

I'm not on a set wage and get paid four weekly so never totally sure how much I will be paid
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    No spend day yesterday. Day off work today and it will be a spendy one. Need to go and get my eyebrows done and get some flowers for mum as it's her birthday tomorrow. It's the first one without dad so not quite sure how she will react.
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Well I am well and truly stuffed. Just got my payslip emailed through even though paydays not until Friday. The next four weeks are going to be hard and the credit card will have to come out so I can pay for petrol to get to work. How the hell did I let myself get into this mess? Also don't get paid sick pay so not been paid for the week I hurt my back even though it happened at work.

I don't know what to do or how to get out of this mess.:cry:
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Not posted in a while. It was payday Friday and I have now gone a month without using the credit card.

I'm scared stiff. I can't believe the mess I've got myself in. I don't see a way out of this. The interest on the credit card is so much I will never clear it. I'm constantly thinking about money.
    In January I managed to pay nearly £300 of the credit card but the interest will go on tomorrow and I will nearly be back where I started.

I've got £60 in my purse. Hopefully that will get petrol for this week and give me enough to get my fizzy pop fix in Tesco.

Direct debits come out tomorrow and credit card bill is due on the 8th so should have an idea of how much more I can pay off.

Aim for February is not to order anything from good old eBay or amazon and to leave the credit card in its hiding place
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Do not be too hard on yourself!! you are working hard and fixing this. These take times and there will be blips on way. Keep your head up xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport