Finally getting sorted

Options

Comments

• debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Something's gone wrong. I have £5 left in my purse and need to get petrol am going to have to resort to using the emergency fund. I still haven't used the credit card this year and have not been on amazon or eBay. I know it's stupid but I can't understand where it's gone wrong. At least it's payday Friday so only four days to go
  • Kittencat
    Options
    Hi ya!

Perhaps it will help if you record every penny you spend, If you don't know where it's going. Give it a try. Keep going you can do this!!
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    Yes, an SOA and a spending diary will help you identify the problem. Don't get put off, it's dealing with things like this that will help you unpick your spending problems and help avoid making the same mistakes in future. You can do it, I promise!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Kittencat wrote: »
    Hi ya!

Perhaps it will help if you record every penny you spend, If you don't know where it's going. Give it a try. Keep going you can do this!!

Thanks. I guess as long as I don't use the credit card then things aren't getting worse
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    It's payday Friday but had my payslip emailed to me this morning.
    I know the advice is to do an soa but my wages are different every four weeks. I was on a zero hour contract but when I told them I'd been offered another job the gave me a 30 hour a week contract. I normally work between 35-38 hours a week. I also get paid mileage and travel time.

My wages for this four weeks is £1514. I'm. Allowing myself £250 for the month as spends but that's to cover all extras like petrol and treats etc. I plan on paying £150 off my credit card and adding £250 to my emergency fund. After all my usual direct debits I will be left with £109. The aim is to use ''tis to overpay the credit card and loan.

I know it's not a huge amount but before I was spending all my spending money on junk then just using the credit card for everything. I haven't used the credit card this year. Roll on payday
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Yes, an SOA and a spending diary will help you identify the problem. Don't get put off, it's dealing with things like this that will help you unpick your spending problems and help avoid making the same mistakes in future. You can do it, I promise!

Hi thanks for the comment. I struggle to do a soa as my wages change every four weeks I've been in the job 13 months and every pay slip has been different
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    I have a hugely variable income (lowest is about £120, highest can be £2,000+) as I'm self employed, but something I've realised since starting out on this journey is that my budget needs to work for my very worst month, and then the better months I can choose whether to spend the extra on fun money or overpayments on debt. So my SOA is based on earning £118 (lowest amount I have learnt in 5 years), and everything over that is divided up between various budget categories. It might work for you? Trimming my budget to match my very worst months was incredibly hard and very depressing, but at least I know we can do it if I have a really bad month.
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Not a lot going on. Going to have to take some money from the emergency fund for petrol but it's payday tomorrow so can replace it. Paid £6 off the credit card interest to be added next month so it will go up but if I've worked everything out right I should be able to pay £150 off and minimum payment is usually £89. I know it's not huge payments but apart from interest I'm not adding anymore debt to it
  • debtfreeme2015
    Options
    Got paid yesterday so swapped my accounts around. Most direct debits go out on the 1st but the money is ready and waiting. Want to pay the credit card but if I do it to soon I will still get the bill so just got to be patient Iuntil that is available I'm guessing about the 6th. Hoping to not have a very spendy week as working long days most days and on my day off on Friday will just be lazy.
    Will need petrol but hoping to wait until Thursday so plan is no spends until then but we will see.
    Still not used the credit card and it's still in it's hiding place so fingers crossed it can stay there another four weeks.

27 days till payday :rotfl:
  • zippygeorgeandben
    Options
    Cut that credit card up! Nearly every post says that you still haven't used it so get rid of it! Zero temptation there! :)
    Savings as of April 2023 Savings account - £26460.50(14474.88)Current account - £2140.24(4576.79)Total - £28600.74(19051.67) £1010 (£65pm CS/BS) £250 CS/BS/JS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure