Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Sashy it's so exciting that it's so close for you :)

I'm still loving the yoga with Adriene (although not as often as I should be doing it really :o)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks Kirsty. :) Don't think it's sunk in yet really that I'm going to be someone's mum. :o:eek:

Have had a fairly lazy day today so far, have ordered more cat food and a Feliway refill for the cats, thinking this might help calm them when baby arrives.

Have also made and ordered a retirement card online for one of my colleagues. Used lots of his own sayings on the card so hopefully he'll find it funny. Have already ordered a giant grammar police badge for him as he's terrible for correcting everyone's grammar. :rotfl: I always end up in charge of organising presents & cards for these things on our shift at work so they'll need to find someone to take over for a while.

Back is still quite sore, hoping it will feel better soon but can't seem to sit or lie comfortably. Had a bad night, was only sleeping 2 or 3 hours at a time before needing to get up (a challenge in itself) to go to the toilet and this happened a couple of times so not very restful.

DH off to the beer festival again so will have to find something easy for dinner as doubt I'll see him until 11pm or so, which is when he got in last night. :eek: He was a bit merry and told me the same 3 stories over and over until he went to bed and started snoring. :mad::rotfl: I was only annoyed because I was really tired but couldn't sleep. :o
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Have made an extra payment of £100 off loan no2 plus got some Quidc0 money through so £6 off loan no1.

These 2 debts combined are now sitting at just over £7k which is pretty good. :j Will need to add the car loans to my debt total next month as payments start coming out, so it will go up to a scary amount. :eek:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I don't think the being someone's mum thing feels real till you hold them. I also found it very weird after the births trying to imagine X or Y being the passenger I'd had on board for all that time. Trying to make that mental link between all those little movements in your tum, and then seeing the little toes and fingers wiggle!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi Bob, that makes sense - still a bit weird thinking there's actually a baby in there. :o:rotfl:

Went to the first labour & birth antenatal class yesterday about "normal" labour & birth at the MLU where I should be giving birth (all going & staying well, fingers crossed). The midwife was very nice and we did learn a couple of things but knew most of it really.

Was good to hear about their policies re not clamping/cutting the cord until it stops pulsing etc and we got a tour of the unit so got to see the labour rooms & the pool room. The pool room looks pretty good actually so might consider a water birth if it's free when I'm in labour but there is only one so might not have the option.

The second labour & birth class in two weeks is about complications/when things go wrong and what happens if you're transferred to the CLU and labour ward but we can't make it due to work. Have moved that class to the week following but will see what happens as it's 6 days before my due date so may not make it. :o

DH sat there & tried not to look too obviously bored in the class. :o:rotfl: Doubt he'll want to go to the second class anyway. We then went to Ald! for food and the garden centre for compost and got some more bargain pansies. :T

I stripped my bed sheets today and DH got them washed and out on the line and dried. :j

We did a bit of work in the garden as well today - planted the violas & pansies I had got reduced as well as some snapdragons and pruned and tamed the honeysuckle on the fence a bit more. DH cleared out the greenhouse and tidied it to prep for our grow bags going in for the tomatoes once they're big enough.

Wanted to move my tomato seedlings to bigger pots and out to the greenhouse but ran out of energy and then just felt really sore and down. Went inside and had something to eat but then just felt terrible so had to lie on the couch and sleep. Was feeling very tearful and useless as can't do as much as I want to now but can't get comfortable sitting or lying down either. :(

DH has been very good but there's only so much he can do and he deserves a rest as well. :( I've managed to wash the dishes, feed the cats and put clean bedding on but have run out of energy again. :(

DH now trying to replace the taps on our bath with a tap with combined shower head attached but has broken his plumber's wrench and is getting a bit annoyed. :cool: He's having to put it all back together so we can turn the water back on and will have to go and get a new wrench tomorrow instead. :(

Got a gammon joint to use so thinking of inviting my mum for dinner tomorrow and putting the gammon in the slow cooker. Will have a look at recipes.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    It's a shame you can't make that second class. I'm sure you could always do some reading on a trusted birthing site like NCT if you were interested.

• sashybo
    Options
    I might make the second class, will have to see how it goes with work etc. Have been reading a lot online just trying to get a general sense of what to expect but trying not to scare myself. :o

DH has his new plumber's wrench so busy with the taps again - hopefully all goes well this time. :p

I'm just taking it easy for now and will re-pot my tomato seedlings shortly. Doing some surveys and trying to build the balances up a bit whilst I have the time.

My mum is coming up for dinner later so have the gammon joint in the slow cooker with ginger ale and will put it in the oven later with some ginger preserve to make a glaze. Hopefully it works as sounds yummy.
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Wow gammon in ginger ale sounds amazing!

Don't blame you for not wanting to scare yourself. Do you have a birth plan? Some people think they are helpful.

• kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    The best thing I learnt during my midwifery time was not to expect anything, you might cope completely differently to what you imagine now.

Hope the gammon was nice - it sounds lovely, might need to try that one :)

Your gardening is putting me to shame - I spend the weekend staring at my weed filled back garden as we haven't done anything with it yet :o
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • Bobarella
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    The best thing I learnt during my midwifery time was not to expect anything, you might cope completely differently to what you imagine now.

Hope the gammon was nice - it sounds lovely, might need to try that one :)

Your gardening is putting me to shame - I spend the weekend staring at my weed filled back garden as we haven't done anything with it yet :o

Mine is very ropey too Kirsty!:eek:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure