Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Hi guys, yes both DH & I agreed that we wanted to wait and have a surprise with the baby. A lot of people have asked if we know what we're having (err, apart from a....baby??:rotfl:) and when we say no they say they think that it's nicer to have a surprise. But then we've also had people who say they don't understand how we can wait because they were desperate to know. :)

DH seems to have perked up a bit so hopefully will be back at work by the end of the week.

The usual payment has come out for loan no2 so debt total for loans 1 & 2 is now under £8k - £7710.14 to be precise. :j Snowball calculator is saying loan no1 will be paid off in May 2018 (a year early :T) with minimum payments only and loan no2 in May 2019 - can't shorten the term with this loan, only lower the monthly payments by overpaying.

Car loan repayments begin in May so will look at what we can afford to overpay there (if anything). Will keep plugging away at loan no1 as it's the highest interest rate - total currently sitting at just over £2k. Better get back to the surveys before baby arrives.:cool:

Will go on the cross trainer shortly then in for a shower, so glad today is my last late shift as feeling really tired and need my two days off.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Taking it easy so far today, still in PJs doing surveys and browsing online.

DH has emptied the room we are making into the nursery & is painting the gloss just now. He did the first coat around the window & windowsill last night, so thinks it will all need 2 coats and then a quick freshen of the emulsion (which is just plain white).

Once that's done & dried we can build the cotbed into a cot and put the wall stickers up that we have bought. One set is a train with little safari animals which will go above the cot and the other is for the wall opposite and is a a big tree with monkeys and other animals. :)

Currently browsing for a chest of drawers, small bookcase and possibly a chair for breastfeeding - unsure if I'll need this in the nursery or not, swaying towards getting one but undecided atm. We also ordered the cotbed mattress as mothercare were doing a pocket sprung one reduced from £180 to £90 which seems a good deal. Still need to measure and look for a blackout blind as well.

Have redeemed more points for another £5 amazon voucher from swagbucks as still can't get paypal but will be able to use the amazon vouchers towards baby things anyway.

Going to visit friends later for dinner and to see their wee girl to give her a present as she was 5 on Monday. Have bought a pack of 2 paw patrol curly straws for her 3yo sister to open so she doesn't feel too left out. They only cost £1 so no doubt they'll both be fighting over them. :rotfl:
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Had a nice dinner with our friends last night but were late home and both knackered. Their 5 yo is going through a very defiant phase & just didn't want to do anything she was told. :eek:

Went out to Ikea today & bought the furniture for the nursery, spent £84 on drawers & a small bookcase. Decided to get a chair & footstool for feeding - got both for £80 so not too bad compared to dedicated nursing chairs I've seen online which all looked pretty ugly & were over £100. :eek: Think the spend wasn't too bad for what we got.

Had an afternoon nap as just so tired & back on early shifts tomorrow. Not much else done today except DH used the pressure washer to clean out the black bin & we stuck a washing on.

Need to make a list of what I need to pack in my hospital bag & the baby's bag. Hopefully will have most of the stuff already.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    What chair did you get? We had a Poang for 2/3 of ours, and it was a great chair for sitting and feeding in for hours in the early days. It stayed in the nursery for about a day, then came downstairs in front of the TV, where I could have it in easy reach of a snack and drink table. :T
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • sashybo
    Options
    It's a Poang we got as well, Treading. :T Glad to hear it worked for you. :)

Just finishing my break at work & trying to stay awake, so tired today & baby is dancing about mad.:rotfl:
  • sashybo
    Options
    Was too tired to post last night. Went to M0rrisons after work and got some top up shopping. Behaved and only spent £20 and £9 of the spend was on some plants for my mum - she asked for "hard to kill" plants for mother's day. :rotfl: We are either very good or very bad with plants in my family. :o

Helped DH yesterday by sorting out the screws and stuff whilst he built the 1kea drawers for the baby's room. So that's one thing built. :T

Work was fine today, although again tired, until the last hour when everything when crazy and it was a nightmare. Was so glad I was leaving. :o Such a lovely day and pretty warm in the sun so even better to escape the office.:j

Spotted my friend pushing her pram along the road near home so stopped to speak to her as haven't seen her since she had the baby (just over 2 weeks ago). Baby was lovely but a bit grumpy as he wanted fed. Will pop down and see her at home properly in the next week or so.

Think I will put my tomato seedlings into small pots as they have gotten quite tall now - 3 of the 4 seeds I planted germinated. :j
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You must be just about ready for baby then, all this activity. How long is it now? When do you finish work?
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi paws, 8 weeks to go until my due date. :eek: :) Not planning on finishing work until the week before due to rubbish maternity pay but just depends how I'm feeling & whether the baby decides to come early. :eek:

Work not bad at all today though tired due to a combination of late night, losing an hour, trouble getting comfy in bed & having to get up at 5am.

Went & bought a foam wedge pillow to put under my bump when lying on my side in bed to see if it helps me get comfy & get to sleep.

Saw my mum after work and took the plants to her along with some chocolate & a card. My sister dropped in as well with the twins & we sat in the sun as it was so hot. My brother was meant to come round with the baby but no sign of him by the time both my sister & I had left. :cool:

Looks like the sun killed my tomato seedlings though :( Moved them into the greenhouse & think it was too hot for them. Have planted more seeds & will try again.

Did a bit of housework when I got home & made baked potatoes for dinner. Better get to bed soon, time has been racing past today.
  • Treadingonplaymobil
    Options
    I ended up propped in place with about 6 pillows by the time I got to the end of each pregnancy. There was hardly any room for DH in the bed before the baby even arrived, never mind afterwards!
    Trying to figure out a whole new life. Trying to figure out a whole new budget.
    Divorcing, unclear on final debt total right now, but focusing on building a financial buffer zone.
  • sashybo
    Options
    :rotfl: Treading, I kind of feel like I'm slowly pushing DH out of the bed. :rotfl::o He was snoring away the other night because of his man cold & I was so uncomfortable and couldn't sleep even though I was tired. The snoring was REALLY annoying me so I pushed his face away (I thought gently) but his head kind of whacked over onto the other side of his face. :o He stopped snoring though. :o

Foam wedge pillow seemed to help last night so will keep using it. Have been sore and tired as my sciatic pain is back (fairly mildly but bad enough :( ). Thankfully going back to the chiropractor on Wed to get my pelvis "maintained" and back into approximate position.

Work was busy but not overly so. Went out on my break and bought some toiletries for mine & baby's hospital bags. Of course I forgot loads so will need to go again at some point. Started packing my bag but can't really pack clothes as no idea what will fit me by that point. Feel like the size of a house today & a bit sore, so think bump is growing again.

DH has started building the cot so nursery slowly taking shape. :eek: Will need to wash some of the baby clothes I've bought so I can pack the baby's hospital bag soon too.

Have paid an extra £100 off loan no2 as we had some extra from our wages. :j It will lower the monthly payment by £4. :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback