Sashybo - Back Again

Options

Comments

• sashybo
    sashybo Posts: 4,505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well my work have outdone themselves with how badly they have handled my maternity cover. :mad: They have given the job to the very young person with no experience, didn't tell anyone until they were forced to & then we only found out they're starting on Monday by accident. :eek:

So this poor person would have turned up and no one would have known why they were there - it's actually embarrassing! Oh & I was just expected to train them for my last 5 weeks at work. :eek: Not asked, not consulted, nothing. :mad: I've refused to train as it's too much stress on top of working 7 days in a row whilst heavily pregnant - all my brain power is being used, I don't have any spare to train my maternity cover as well. :mad: Also, it's not the kind of job you can learn well enough in 5 weeks to be fully competent, you mostly just have to learn as you do it.

I've also asked to start an hour later each day on my next set of early shifts (next week) as getting up at 5am for 7 days in a row isn't getting any easier the further on I get. The manager who has been handling my maternity stuff had already said this is fine and just to ask when I need to start doing it, so I've asked. Whether it actually gets organised is another thing. :cool:

Trying not to get stressed out about the work situation but just knew this would happen. They are SO bad at communicating. :(

Still got a sore throat but it hasn't really gotten any worse, so hoping it won't develop into a cold or anything.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Still a bit stressed out with work but trying to let it go as I've got other things to think about. Seeing the midwife before work today so hopefully all is good. Getting more blood taken though to check my iron levels. :(

Will hopefully be able to pay a bit more off loan no1 tomorrow as regular payment should come off today.

Some of our seeds seem to be coming on well - have a few courgette seedlings coming through as well as the tomatoes & chillies. The new potatoes are growing & the carrot plug plants are also looking good. :j

Front garden is looking good as our tulips & daffs have finally flowered. Will plant more for next year I think. Hoping to get a trellis for the front bed as we have lots of sweet pea plants & they need something to climb up and support them as it's fairly windy.
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Car loan 1 £14,060, Car loan 2 £10,843 . Debt Free Diary to try & keep spending in check.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Have managed to pay an extra £100 off loan no1 with this month's pay so total now at £1745 and loan term reduced by a full year. :j Hoping to pay an extra £100 off loan no2 but will wait and see how we get on as the regular payment for that doesn't come out for a couple of weeks anyway.

All good at the midwife - everything as it should be and baby head down and happy. Must be sticking its bum out as keep feeling a big rounded bit near my ribs. :rotfl: Not back for another 3 weeks, by which time I'll be 37 weeks. :eek:

Last late shift today and looking forward to my days off as feeling pretty tired. Muscles are really getting achey towards the end of the day with the weight of the bump and the only thing that helps is lying down on my side (which I can't really do at work :o ). Need to confirm my 7am rather than 6am starts from Friday as well.

Have managed to get another £5 @mazon voucher from Swagbucks. :T Still trying to do a couple of surveys a day, 0nepoll up to £17.80.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Have had a half busy, half slow day today. Feeling sore & tired from 7 shifts at work & woke up at 6am with a terrible leg cramp that kept recurring when I thought it had finished. :eek: It was so sore & re-cramped about 4 times, had to get up & hobble about and that seemed to sort it. Just reminded me how bad I am at coping with pain. :eek::( Also getting the horrible sciatic pain again, seeing the chiropractor again a week today thankfully.

My sister was watching our 7 month old niece today so dropped by for a visit with her & brought 3 of her own kids with her as well so the house was busy for a while!

Baby niece was laughing away most of the time & enjoying the attention. DH had a cuddle as well & was using her as the test baby for stuff he's built for our wee one.:rotfl: Was also taking lots of photos of her with his big camera "to practice". :D

Our doormat blew away last night because it was so windy & couldn't find it anywhere. :eek: Luckily some of the kids in our street found it & brought it back for us.:T They knew it was ours because it has cats on it. :rotfl:

We went & bought a trellis today for the sweet peas so hopefully the weather will be ok tomorrow & DH can put it up. We can then plant out the sweet peas. :j Also got some pansies reduced to 50p each & have a planter I can put them in in the back garden. Took advantage of the MSE offer for 20 plug plants for hanging baskets for £10 too so hoping for some fuschias, verbena & petunias. :T

The blind for the baby's room has arrived & DH has put it up. It looks lovely & the room is just about ready. :T Bought some fitted sheets for the cot & a couple of hooded baby towels from B&M as they were good prices. Baby fund still looking ok balance wise.
  • sashybo
    Options
    Have had a busy afternoon in the garden - we were out there for about 4 hours so I'm totally knackered now.:o

DH put the trellis up & planted all my sweet peas at the foot of it so hopefully they will get bigger & climb up it. He also cut the grass front and back whilst I planted the pansies we bought yesterday and moved tomato, courgette & chilli seedlings into their own pots.

I also planted my cornflower & night scented stock seedlings out in a big pot each. Fingers crossed they do well. Have moved my morning glory seedlings to a small pot each but kept them in the greenhouse for now. As they're climbers I'll need to find somewhere near the fence to plant them.

Our new potatoes & chantenay carrots seem to be doing well too.:T We also have leaves on our tayberry & raspberry canes which is good news. :j

We have a climbing rose at the back fence so separated the main stalks out & have secured it to the fence so it doesn't get too battered from the wind & will hopefully grow in the right direction. Our honeysuckle needs a bit of pruning & some more ties but not too much so have left it for another day.

Have been resting on the couch since all of that & DH made the dinner. Starting work an hour later tomorrow morning & will do so on early shifts until I finish up but will still need an early night.

Meant to be visiting my friend & her baby again tomorrow afternoon as another few friends we haven't seen for a while are dropping by so that should be nice.

Got another £2.50 from 0pinion outpost so have paid that off loan no1 along with my usual £1 PAD today. :T
  • sashybo
    Options
    Enjoyed my later start today, the extra hour's sleep definitely did me good and made sure I went to bed at a reasonable time.

My friend with the new baby wanted to get out of the house and she's only at the bottom of my estate so said she could come up to mine. Our other friends just dropped in to my house instead. I then had to rush home and give the place a quick clean & tidy as the living room really needed a quick hoover and the bathrooms needed cleaning.

Just managed to get the minimum cleaning done and house not smelling of cat when they arrived. My oldest cat then decided to visit the litter tray. :mad::eek: It was minging but managed to confine the stench to the kitchen by closing the door.

Quite knackered after the mad cleaning dash but on the plus side at least it's done now. Will need to wash & iron the work shirts tomorrow after work but that won't take too long.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sashy! Im so sorry to log on and find so much stress going on in your life. Im really sorry to read about your maternity cover being such an insult! I am actually horrified at how much employers can get away with still in this day and age. I cant imagine getting up at 5am for work either. Thats very early, and 7 days in a row is very harsh, especially in your condition.

The family dinner in the pub also sounded very stressful. I have to say, we dont really ever eat out with our two. I just dont enjoy it. Its expensive, and its never the relaxing experience it is sold to be. So we just go to cafes, or the very occasional McDs. If we do visit people its at their home, or in a park! Sitting around a table chatting is great, but most kids find it boring, sorry to offend anyone who loves to do that.

Not long to go now, and then you get to meet your lovely new person.

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • sashybo
    Options
    Hi Bob, yes a bit too much stress atm but I'm slowly letting go with the work stuff and trying not to worry about it. If it goes wrong, well it was their decision to employ that person.

To be fair my cover is picking the basics up quickly but my job is the basics plus everything else on top of that in a quickly changing and often stressful environment. There's no way they will be ready to take over the full capacity of the job when I leave so they'll just have to learn as they go. I think it doesn't help that I'm worried that I won't get my job back on the terms I'll need i.e. job share/reduced hours. I'll just have to deal with that when it comes but it annoys me when I've been nothing but a good employee and the "policies" and the "business" will always come before that. :cool:

The family dinner was a nightmare, never doing it again with kids in tow. :eek: We weren't planning on staying so long but were stuck waiting on my brother. He is very selfish & thoughtless at times - I wish he'd just said "We're going to be very late so we'll leave it or meet you at mum's house" or something like that. :mad:

Looking forward to seeing the baby but quite nervous about the birth. DH & I have a labour & birth class to attend next Saturday so hopefully that will give us a bit more of a clue. :eek:

Just finished ironing 7 uniform shirts - 4 of DH's & 3 of mine. 2 days down, 5 to go before my 5 days off. :j Plus side of working both Friday & Monday is that I can request double time. :j

Going to put my feet up for a while and then have a bath. Got a christening to attend after work tomorrow so will be rushing home to get changed and collect DH. We'll miss the church bit but should make the reception type part afterwards.

It's for my cousin's twins so a big family do and will see most of my aunts & uncles and quite a few of my cousins. My mum is one of 10 so I have a LOT of aunts, uncles & cousins. :o

Poor DH used to be terrified at going to my side's family events as he is an only child with a more normal amount of aunts, uncles & cousins. :rotfl: He just wasn't used to the sheer number of people and he felt a bit out of it. He's fine now as he's used to it and most of my relatives now like him better than they like me. :rotfl: They're always so disappointed if he can't make it due to work. :rotfl:
  • sashybo
    Options
    Was too tired to update yesterday, had a good time at the christening and was nice to see everyone. Was very sore when I got home, feel like I've got a pulled muscle right at the top of my bump and really can't bend well at all any more. :( DH had to put my shoes on for me yesterday. :o

My aunts just can't wait for me to have this baby - there were babies everywhere at the christening and there were nearly fights over who was getting to hold them. :rotfl: One lady from the other side of the christening was being accused of hogging any babies she was holding. :eek::rotfl:

DH had a good time talking to my cousins & uncles although he had a bit of a moan before we went saying he didn't want to go, it was his Sunday off etc. :cool: I told him to shut up and move because I'd been at work all morning as well as being very pregnant & was feeling just a bit tired myself. :mad: :rotfl:

Requested double time for today & Friday as extra money is always good. :j Work are now offering to give me something else to do for the last 2 weeks before my leave so that I don't have to work shifts 7 days in a row but more dayshifts etc. Will do it if it suits me, suspect they're trying to get me out of the way so the "replacement" can get some practice. :cool:

As long as I don't lose out financially and they actually have something to keep me occupied then it's not a bad deal really. Have already told them I'm not changing my rest days as I have things planned and also have midwife appts booked around my shifts, so they'll have to work around that as well. To be fair, I've not asked for any time off (although I'd be entitled to) as have always booked appts for before or after work or when on a rest day so they can't really object.

Only 3 more early shifts this week then I'm off for 5 days. :j DH is on early shifts as well this week so we will see each other and be able to have dinner together. :j He has taken the day off on Thursday to go to the local beer festival with some friends and then is going again on Friday with some other friends! I think he's also meeting some of my cousins there. Lucky them!! I miss drinking beer. :(
  • sashybo
    Options
    Have been too tired to update the last few days, currently tucked up in bed with DH's laptop so I can catch up a bit around MSE whilst he's off at the beer festival.

Went to the chiropractor yesterday and was really needing it as my lower back and pelvis were really painful. Still sore today after the work she did but hoping I'll feel better tomorrow. Was definitely starting to limp a bit for a few days before my appointment so at least not doing that now.

My sister is having a lot of back problems just now and it's not helped by the fact that she works part time in a shop so on her feet for hours. She's going to try an osteopath as GP referred her to physio but no idea how long that will take. I've also told her to try Yoga with Adriene on Y0utube as she has a few videos specifically for back pain and I really like her stuff, it's always helped me feel better.

Now off work for 5 days :j & when I go back I'll only have around 2 weeks before I go off on maternity leave. :eek: Mixed feelings as will be weird not to be at work and breaking a shift pattern that I've been working for nearly 7 years with most of the same people (some weeks I see them more than I see DH!). But I am looking forward to having the baby of course and getting to know our little person.

Will need to move from my nest of pillows soon as haven't had dinner & cats are asking for food too. :o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback