New Journey

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Great news about the pension Cumbria :).

Housework is a drudge but how uncomfortable life becomes if we don't do it.

Time spent with DGS must feel very precious, how well I remember taking my DC to swimming lessons :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,643 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Today has been the usual housework cleaning, washing drudge. Had my waxing and got 10% off on loyalty points. Took DGS to his swimming lesson reminiscent of my own children.

Have done some pension looking at today , my old bank pensions website has a forecast quote you can do and I was pleasantly surprised at the forecast. Not millions of pounds but not to be sniffed at considering it was non contributory . It has made me very determined to get rid of the remaining debt in the next 18 months .

Tomorrow is about shopping and ironing , oh the exciting life I lead.

Great news :j:j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Onebrokelady
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your poor dad Cumbria but hopefully there will be a positive outcome,it's good they have caught it early too
    Good news on the pension though
    I would love to go to Scotland but could never afford it,it's so far from here although our airport does fly there I think
    Original Debt Owed Jan 18 = £17,630 Paid To Date = £6,080.1 Owed = £11,549.9
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    great about the pension.

I am lidl and ironing too. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,515 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Some good news about the pension Cumbria, fab :)

I'm at Aldi today plus cleaning - ironing is always on the cards for me. Rock 'n' roll :rotfl:
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Good news on the pension find!
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Brilliant news on the pension, non contribution are rare as hens teeth now.

I am afraid I treated the early years homework as optional. Unnecessary pressure on them (and the parents), so we just did the reading unless the project was something a boy wanted to do. The reading was bad enough, DS1 is very fact/analytical based and couldn't give a monkeys what Flopsy Bunny had for tea. Tears all round with tedious regularity.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    DS1 is very fact/analytical based and couldn't give a monkeys what Flopsy Bunny had for tea. Tears all round with tedious regularity.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    All things done and ready for work tomorrow, but the pesky cough is back again. I hope it doesn't keep me awake tonight.

Have finally done all transfers after being paid on Friday , I am back to paying everything properly, the CC should be below £3000 next month, so it's going the right way. Excited to see how much I can get it down to by December .
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    My little one has to read the same story three times because that's her school rule. She reads it once, understands it, answers the questions and then doesn't read the words next time, just quotes it from memory, but they wont change her book until she's read it three times exactly. Little one wont tell them she's read it either. x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills