🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

New Journey

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Quick update to say I have an interview date and time which is towards the end of the month. I have to do a telephone assessment :eek::eek:.plus an interview. In theory it should be easy after all I already do the job so why am I completely overwhelmed by the whole process . Onwards and upwards , good experience I expect .

Flipping freezing on the school run , I can't believe my 4 yr old DGS has got 2 reading books, a list of words , other homework a sheet of numbers , plus a spelling test . Does every other child of 4 get this amount of homework? I feel he is going to be under pressure. :sad:

Good luck with the interview. You'll be amazing, you just lack faith in yourself.
    Today I have booked myself another adventure. Easter weekend I am off to Scotland to Loch Lomond with a local coach company. As I have only ever been to Edinburgh and Glasgow I am looking forward to looking out of the window at the scenery. I get picked up locally , three nights half board in a double room. Trip to Glasgow and Inveraray £150 . Can't complain at that . Well excited.

You'll love it Cumbria, the lochs are so beautiful :T.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    That sounds fab.
    Great price too :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,105 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Beanie I checked how far away I am from you about 70 miles to far this time but one day I may venture near .
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,723 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Beanie I checked how far away I am from you about 70 miles to far this time but one day I may venture near .

I shall look forward to it :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Cumbria you'll love that area of Scotland!

It does seem like really little children are being given a crazy amount of homework these days. I can understand the need to prep them ahead of time for the sort of amounts they will get at senior school but not at all convinced it needs to start quite so young - especially as at 4 - 7 realistically the onus falls on the parent or guardian to structure it being done, rather than the child organising themself to do it.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Good luck with the interview - you'll walk it!:)

My sister's little boy is 5 and seems to get oodles of homework. His class also had a project where they each had to pick a country, then write about it, had to give a short speech to the class on it and, oh, dress up as well I said to DSis, do you remember doing all this when you were 5 - I didn't!:eek:

Loch Lomond is lovely! It's seems to go on forever when you're driving next to it!

Have a good weekend!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • gemini12
    gemini12 Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    My Grandfather refused to allow my mother to do homework. He said that if the teachers didnt instill enough into the children whilst at school he certainly wasnt going to do their job at home. I didnt get the same let off but to give primary school children such amounts seems rediculous. When do they get time to be children. I got a spelling list or some reading at the most. No wonder children have weight problems they dont seem to have time to play and move about.
  • Lilith1980
    Lilith1980 Posts: 2,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Well done on getting the interview, Cumbria, that's great news :)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,105 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today has been the usual housework cleaning, washing drudge. Had my waxing and got 10% off on loyalty points. Took DGS to his swimming lesson reminiscent of my own children.

Have done some pension looking at today , my old bank pensions website has a forecast quote you can do and I was pleasantly surprised at the forecast. Not millions of pounds but not to be sniffed at considering it was non contributory . It has made me very determined to get rid of the remaining debt in the next 18 months .

Tomorrow is about shopping and ironing , oh the exciting life I lead.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good news on the pension Cumbria. That's a lovely surprise!:j

I've got an Aldi visit and ironing on the cards tomorrow as well. :(
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
This discussion has been closed.