• candlelight_2013
    Options
    Thank you for your pms Mooloo, that was very kind of you

Candlelightx
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I tried to access my blogger but I haven't used it for nearly a year and it wouldn't let me log on from the app anymore.
    So I can't upload a picture at the moment.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    I am going round in circles getting nowhere fast.
    One week today for the wedding.
    Twin2 and her BF are coming Tuesday. I get my implant Tuesday (I hope), and my nails done.
    Twin1, her Partner and dgs4, arrive on Wednesday.
    They will all have to sleep in the tent.
    I just bought a double air bed for twin2, via Argos and it should arrive today.
    Yesterday was my day with my Mum, we organised her wheelchair assistance for the airport, reprinted her boarding pass as they changed her seat.
    We went to Stones Stratford and visited the charity shops, found another silvergrey handbag £3, a visor for Mum, £1.50 and a double ended tape measure £1
    We had lunch in one of the hotel bars.
    After Mum's I came home and moved the washing on, and then did some of the setting up of the laptop that I have for work.
    Bf came over and we BBQ some sheftalia sausages that he had made, along with salad etc.
    I did a bit more of the accounts but not much else for the rest of the evening.
    I brought the fan home from work and had that on in my bedroom all night.
    I will have to take it back to work today so I will need to go in the car.
    It is full here at the moment so possible we will get some rain today.
    Despite my liking hot weather this is a little uncomfortable for sleeping and certainly slows me down.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    The expected drop in Housing and council tax benefit has arrived.with a demand for £600 overpayments between the two, and a change that equates to a loss of nearly £600 a months help. With the expected drop due in tax credits I spent all evening looking at ways to cut my budget to fit the income etc, as dispite the profit of £12,000, on paper I have only managed to pay myself £100 a week on adverage, so I don't know where the difference went apart from within cash flow ??
    Anyway after I did all my figures it has dawned on me that if the tax credits do drop as predicted then the council will have to be recounted anyway.
    But the current change means that I am taking the equivalent of £965 a month! On first calculations it means that I will obviously not be able to help the family any more, or fund holidays past those already budgeted for, and the food bill is down to £150 a month.
    Of course I will recalculate as things change, and hopefully as I am aware of it I will adjust.
    Gives me a gentle reminder that I need to stop procrastinating and start to turn my clutter into cash, as I won't be able to build my emergency funds from the £600.15 up to my target of £4,000
    I will have to restart the surveys and those sort of things, and after the wedding is over I will have to start trying to sell my Makes etc.
    But for tonight I am satisfied that I will be able to cope as I have looked at the changes and I am aware.
    So hopefully I will get some sleep tonight.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you check the accounts your accountant did before you sent it to Housing Benefit?

Profit of £12k when you have only paid yourself £5200 is worrying.

Some of that could be where you have purchased stock last year for instance but selling it gradually throughout the year so it would have been an expense last year but this year is all income.

But I am not sure that would equate to £6k+.

Were there any expenses that HB did not allow?

Good news that you have rejiggled the budget to fit - as you say HB will increase as tax credits go down.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    This time Housing Benefits did not explain how they came to their opinion, last time they put it in a letter.
    I still need to see the accountant to check all is ok, I will ring for an appointment with him today! I keep forgetting to!
    I have cut the budget to the bone. Now I am going to have to stick to it.
    I am going to have to stop procrastinating and get sorting out my stuff and start selling it off! Especially junk jewellery and excess clothes!
    To fund any new clothes we need to sell off the old!
    I was a little panicked at the amount of money left for food and miscellaneous spends! It's about 1/5 of what we have been spending.
    So today I am going to have to start with a No Spend day, and a use it up one!!
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Great start, I forgot to bring lunch yesterday so had to spend £2.50 on lunch from the shop next door! But I did manage to remember to bring it today.
    I had to throw out the milk this morning it had gone off, so had toast for breakfast which is not particularly diet friendly! But did have lemon and ginger tea.
    I am just stopped to eat lunch before my little girls come for their sewing lessons at 1pm.
    I am still trying to make the bow ties for the wedding. Change of material as first wasn't crisp enough.
    Twin 2 is coming home on Tuesday with her chap, and now on Wednesday I need to get her to the hairdresser as her hair is practically down to her bottom and in several shades of blonde and red! So a make over is required. Her BF will have to wait in at the house for twin 1 and her family to arrive.
    Just been told that there is a wedding rehursal on Tuesday evening as well.
    This time next week it will all be over, a week tomorrow my Mum needs taking to the airport, and then I will have 3 weeks till the end of school term, and dgd goes to her Mum and I get back to Portugal.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Finally finished the bow ties!
    Mamouth job making 9 of them. It doesn't help that I struggled to thread the one needle I had left in the pin cushions and my hands kept dropping things!
    I will have to remember to bring Golden Paste with me when I come away.

What's next?
    Accounts and paperwork then!
    Happy Sunday
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Trying not to stress.
    Problem with my pin on my credit card, the one we were using for the wedding, and so tomorrow I will need to ask for a cash balance payment into my account for the last £700 that must be paid tomorrow.
    I have had to use my teeth money today. That means I will have to pay for my teeth on one of the other credit cards if I have to pay the dentist tomorrow.
    I feel quite stressed at running up credit cards after years of being so careful.
    The seamstress broke down on the way to work and her car is terminal so she couldn't get in. She has one dress with her that's needed by End of tomorrow and we have one prom dress that needs major work that to be truthful is work beyond my skills.
    I cannot access my Paye Tools on my old laptop, in fact I can't access anything on it. Which also means that I cannot access the invoice from her that has her contact details as I stored it on line and cannot access it. You know the information you plan to put in your diary etc and didn't
    I was going to do a 1471 after she hung up, when I realised I didn't have her number, but the phone rang again while in my hand. So could not do that!
    The 4pm fitting didn't turn up, and I waited until 4.30 but that was as late as I could be because of collecting Dgd for brownies.
    I am shattered now, and my house work needs to be done before my daughter's arrival tomorrow.
    My hands hurt dispite taking my golden Paste today.
    The accountant couldn't tell me how to sort out the journal entry that I did wrong on my accounts and that makes around £3,000 different to my profit and loss, which will affect my tax credits and the housing etc.
    So I am feeling the pressure today.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,310 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    No wonder you are feeling the pressure.
    I sadly have no words of wisdom.
    Other than take care of you.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure