Be Fab for Feb - Slimming World support thread 2017

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    I've had the day from hell today!
    STS at weigh in. Utterly lost the plot now- I'm thinking what's the point? Mum isn't helping- she keeps telling me to go to the doctor and get slimming pills! Every time I tell her the same thing, that doctor has said no because of my heart condition and she just keeps saying 'stop making excuses!' Then in the next breath she says 'you really have to try to lose a little bit of weight' even though she knows I'm trying until I'm blue in the face and nothing is happening :mad:
    Also our new hob isn't working- OH has decided this is my fault and proceeded to scream blue murder at me about it. This was all while I was trying to prepare chicken chow mein and egg fried rice from the Fakeaway book. I ended up having to dump everything into the Actifry and it was disgusting. OH ate the lot but I dumped mine in the bin as I thought it was inedible :( and then I ate a full bag of prawn crackers and necked an entire bottle of alcohol free rose!!
    I've been dragged round buying kitchen things today (I say buying as I ended up paying for them :mad:) Have spent most of the day in murderous mood with OH, particularly when we went to collect our order from B&Q and he parked in a normal space across the other side of the carpark from the shop. I asked him why he hadn't parked in the disabled spaces (I have a blue badge) and he said 'this shop hasn't got any and we can just nip in from here' I exploded with fury then- I pointed out it was throwing down and i was in absolute agony with my legs and wouldn't be 'nipping' anywhere! He did have the good grace to look sheepish when I shouted at him 'no disabled spaces eh? What are they then?' When we walked past them.
    And to top it all off my rugby team lost 22-0 to the bottom side in the league and the fans forum are all calling for the managers head :mad:
    Needless to say I haven't been on plan today :D
    Sorry for rant everyone! Feel like the world is against me today :(

You sound like you have had a really bad day Mrs_Ryan so sending you a virtual hug (((X))). Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,627 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to hear you've had the day from hell MrsR. Regardless of the fact that you can't take those pills, you'll only succeed long term with a healthy eating plan and you'll benefit from healthy food anyway. I'm surprised at your mum as I thought she understood SW. It could be the disruption of the kitchen is getting to your OH and you're probably tired from the travelling, both a recipe for frayed nerves. I do hope you get the hob sorted soon, may be something simple. Fresh start tomorrow.:)

tweets wrote: »
    maman Good luck at Wembley tomorrow lets hope its a good match :D

Hope Jose plays a strong side ;)

Thanks tweets. We're really looking forward to it.:) DH is a bit more positive than I am. He was making contingency plans for what/when we'll eat dinner in case we leave Wembley late because of extra time/penalties/celebrating:eek:. Whatever happens I suspect nothing will be SW friendly.;)

Happy Birthday for Monday.:A
  • tweets
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you've had the day from hell MrsR. Regardless of the fact that you can't take those pills, you'll only succeed long term with a healthy eating plan and you'll benefit from healthy food anyway. I'm surprised at your mum as I thought she understood SW. It could be the disruption of the kitchen is getting to your OH and you're probably tired from the travelling, both a recipe for frayed nerves. I do hope you get the hob sorted soon, may be something simple. Fresh start tomorrow.:)

Thanks tweets. We're really looking forward to it.:) DH is a bit more positive than I am. He was making contingency plans for what/when we'll eat dinner in case we leave Wembley late because of extra time/penalties/celebrating:eek:. Whatever happens I suspect nothing will be SW friendly.;)

Happy Birthday for Monday.:A

I am looking forward to the match even though I will be watching on my laptop. Wont be same atmosphere but I will be shouting as though I am there and our Poppy will be thinking not footie again lol. We seem to be playing loads and got a backlog of fixtures :(

Do not leave match til final whistle you may miss a goal ;)

Thank you for birthday wishes :)
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Feel free to rant Mrs Ryan. Hope today is better

Yesterday was another totally off plan I ate rubbish sort of day.

Need to try and eat better today.

Todays plan:
    Breakfast - yogurt
    Lunch - bacon, eggs, tomato and mushroom
    Dinner - speedy pulled pork and wedges
    Snacks - cereal bars

HA - milk
    HB - cereal bars

Dinner will be late and large tonight, as I can't eat tomorrow morning. Might even shove in a bowl of porridge this evening, as I can't see eating too late being the thing to stop me sleeping :(
    Zebras rock
  • Moneysaverme
    Options
    All the best for tomorrow KATHRYNHA x
    Weight loss 2017/2018 - 49 lbs
  • Whiplashy
    Options
    -1lb for me this week :mad: At least the SP days seem to have turned around the +2 the scales was showing midweek. Haven't met my target for the challenge though :( Feb has been a really disappointing month weight wise!

Going to go very conservative for the next challenge. Can you put me down for 7lbs please Shala. I won't be happy if I only lose that but I'll be even more unhappy if I don't make my target again!
    Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
    Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Shala I lost 1 lb hope you don't miss it.:T

Congrats to all those that have lost, those who haven't a great big hug and I am sure you will lose next week.:D:D:D
  • Top_Girl
    Top_Girl Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My name is Top Girl and I need your help.

I've skated round this plan for weeks now.

Yes, I lost my beloved Nana and my birth mother within three months of each other but it's no excuse to be doing this to myself.

I want to be healthy and happy and I owe it to myself and Top Boy/Bloke/Dog to do so.

This is my lightbulb moment. Time to absolutely kick the ar5e out of this.
  • Cazzaswfc
    Options
    Pffftttt this week just went from bad to very bad to couldn't get any worst!

Need to get my head together when work gets stressful and not hit the wine and a takeaway to get over it. Was OK till Wednesday and the everything just went downhill. Will weigh in later.

Greentiger - yes, I'm an Owl.

Shala - Put me down for 12 pounds for the next challenge.
    MFW 2017 No 41 £835.79/£1000
    Mortgage at December 2015. £55003.41
    Mortgage at December 2016. £51173.04
    Current MF date November 2034
  • tweets
    Options
    Lost half a lb this week

Put me down for 3lbs on new chart please shala thank you
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills