* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    just popping in quick to say hi
    Things have been hectic and kids have been hogging the laptop revising for exams. Hope everyone's doing ok will try and read back

ChrissyG great news on the scans.
    I picked up a couple of those baskets today as they make fab gifts for teen girls

tc all
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • princesskitty29
    princesskitty29 Posts: 1,273 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Dropped Wiggle off at nursery this morning and DH and I went for a coffee in a local caf! before he started work, he works from home so occasionally we get to do these little things which is nice. I’ve now got a batch of leek and potato soup bubbling on the hob to use up some leeks and potatoes and I’m now having a little browse on the internet. I actually need to be sorting out the nursery and our spare room but feeling sick and very tired this morning so not sure how much I’ll actually get done!

04624181 I don’t know what your DH is like, but my husband gets really stressed when we have workmen in to do things, could this be part of your DH’s problem? Or is it just disagreeing on what you want? My DH is also the type to look for an argument when he gets in a bad mood which is really annoying as I’m not like that. I don’t really ever get in bad moods, if I do you can always trace the cause back to him! :p I hope it blows over for you soon!

mandco hello! Hope the revision is going well in your house.
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Good Morning all,

Another bad day weather wise here. The roofer managed a full day of works yesterday whoop whoop! He wont be here today as we are forecast storms lol. Myself and DD are off out to do the food shopping. We are going to be doing a ton of batch cooking ready for the last 6 hectic weeks at school. Want to stay as healthy as possible so am going to batch cook chilli, spag bol, season some chicken up ready to put in oven etc. Going to batch make some breakfast pancakes, muffins and cookies too.

PH29-On husband front, we tried talking again last night but it was heading for an argument so I went to bed. I think he is stressed at work and he is worried about funding everything. Mmm I love leak and potatoe soup. Get your feet up, you are busy cooking a baby lol xx
    mandco- Hope the revising is going well xx

Big hugs to everybody, bit quiet on here hope everyone is ok xx
  • LMG1305
    LMG1305 Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi All

Not sure if it's this rubbish weather or not, but I am feeling very Christmassy lately & have actually done a bit of Christmas shopping!! Not much, but grabbed a few things that I saw in Asda that I think my stepmum would like. It's a start :)

I hope you are all well x
    04624181 Posts: 565 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

been shopping and got DD a reborn style doll from Argo*.She absolutely fell in love with it when she saw it a couple of weeks ago so have bought it to put away for Christmas. Also got her a new set of bedding that will match her new bedroom wallpaper. Got DH an electric knife for part of his fathers day gift. Every Christmas day, when he is cutting the turkey, he says he wishes he had bought one so I have got him one lol.

LMG1305- I too second the naff weather being responsible for the jump start in the Christmas shopping. You would not think we were in June.
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    OMG,OMG,OMG I have just realised that next June we can go on holiday and not go in school holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After having children and working in a school for 2 decades we can have a cheap holiday.DD2 will have left school by then.I have not had a non school holiday holiday for almost 30 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It has felt very wintery weather wise recently.

I will whisper that I fell yesterday and nutted the house.What is the matter with me?! I was pushing a stake into the soil in the garden and it snapped.lol,well not lol I saw stars.Mr V scored many brownie points for not laughing.My forehead looks like I have had a coming together with a grater:rotfl:The zebra stripe look may catch on.

0462 I also think that men don't cope with change very well.Women are much more adaptable in my book.

I have been to physio today about my thumb.It is more mobile but will never be what it was,sigh:o

Enough of ailments.Only 6 months to Christmas.:xmastree::rudolf:

Vx
     :
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Mandco- exam season is a hectic time x

046- that's a good idea for DH's Fathers Day present, hope things get back to normal for you soon x

Princesskitty- not long now, you sre in nesting mode now with all the cooking. Hope you are feeling less delicate today x

Vulpix- Oh dear! Hope you are OK? Its more a shock to the system when you do something like that isn't it and a kind of embarrassment too ( I speak from LOADS of experience here lol!). The stripy zebra look is very fashionable don't ya know??? I have zebra stripe sleeves and a trouser leg at the mo from my tumble last week- you and I are quite the fashionistas aren't we? Seriously though well done to Mr V for keeping a straight face.

LMG- I think you are right about the rubbish weather, its been making me feel a bit more Christmassy too.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,329 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Been out gadding today and went to Liddle to get some stuff for lunch.Got some "duff" beer (Simpsons)for stocking fillers for those difficult men in the family.
     :
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Vulpix- you've reminded me to go get some of that Duff beer - I had planned to get some for DN's 21st in October in one of the beer crates from Poundland (Fathers day special). He's asked for money but I want him to have a little something to open and this would 'hit the spot'.
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Good morning all! Feeling quite happy now, I ordered two sofas from Ikea late last night (I know it's my weak time but these were actually planned lol) but I woke up this morning and realised that we're not going to be around on the delivery day I chose. I had to get up and try and sort it out and five minutes on live web chat and it's all done, yay! If only British Gas were as efficient, I'm having a horrible time with them at the moment :mad:

VULPIX/MURIE, the area we need to use bark chipping for is quite small so hopefully should be ok. I think I've given the impression it's bigger because of all the fuss I've made ;)

0462 can you point your joiner/electrician my way, it's like hunt the tradesman here! Hope the weather improves by Monday and the roofer is able to crack on. I bet you can't wait to see it all done and the loft conversion in place. I was beyond excited yesterday because I got a rug and curtains from Ikea and my new duvet cover arrived lol. The electric knife is a great idea, like you say it's something you wish you'd got then you forget all about it until the next time you need it.

PRINCESSKITTY I don't know how you do it. If I didn't feel 100% the leeks and potatoes would have gone in the food bin (actually as I'm rubbish at most things kitchen wise I'm ashamed to admit they probably wouldn't have made it out of the shop). :o

LMG nice to see you, I actually thought about Christmas yesterday too for the first time in months. I haven't bought anything yet but I have started worrying about where my splendid 7ft Christmas tree will go this year (after my desperation to buy it last year I must make sure it fits somewhere).

Ouch VULPIX that sounds like quite a fall, you and MURIE will have to form a double act or a trio with CLUMSY. Sounds like you'll be first at the holiday brochures next year, you won't know yourself having hols without everyone else's children. DD2 has just got a job in a school to start in September so she'll be going the opposite direction next year.

Nothing much to report here other than said Ikea purchases. The lounge and bedroom decorating will be done next week so that'll just leave the big kitchen move. Getting a bit fed up chasing tradesmen but trying to leave it to DH to do. Ascot and the Vow Renewal are getting nearer now so need to finalise the two outfits and hope for decent weather. I've def given up on the Irregular Choice shoes for Ascot and bought some wedge sandals instead. My feet will probably ache like mad still but at least I should be able to walk. :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport