* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 6 October 2017 at 12:19PM
    Options
    GinaYD fingers crossed for the move

Princesskitty I wish my budget matched my I'd love to buy list when it comes to the range they have some beautiful stuff this year. I do really like the birch effect sleigh they have

M&S had a lovely white stag head lidded jar of chocolates pricey at £12 though you could use it all year round as not specifically xmassy.
    Picked up some of the 1/2 price shortbread and they had the xmas themed percy pig sweets in so picked up a couple of packs as last year they were like gold dust

Wilko are getting in on the mse xmas gifts ideas they had jars with xmas characters on filled with hot choc mix ect eg snowman soup £5 and cake in a jar sets £4.50

some of the tubes of sweets are 75p- £1 elsewhere but every little helps

they also had packs of 12 mason type jars for £4 fill with sweets ect would make a nice cheap gift -
    http://www.wilko.com/glassware/wilko-drinking-jars-12pk/invt/0429984
    Might get some and put gift cards in the middle for the older ones I buy for - I usually get them a gift card & a token gift

anyone ever brought the pet parcels from pets at home? basically a mystery box filled with treats/toys they have a xmas themed one so debating getting one for chewie

sains have the xmas food to order book in they have a choc tiffin wreath this year which looks good and a bit different to the usual offerings.
    Sains are doing the swipe & win bonus points this weekend good way to bump your balance before xmas
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,664 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Not much from me today because I had a shocking day in work yesterday and its left me with an almighty stress headache.

Holly has an inset day today but my SIL has offered to take her out to a play centre with my nephew for a few hours so I have taken painkillers and will go and cuddle up on the sofa with Nicky for a few hours although must remember i just put sausages in for sausage casserole......tbh might just turn them off and reheat at 2 instead.....
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • kabinsons1
    Options
    Behind the Christmas book I try to understand what was there. Always asking the story is so beautiful and charming me.
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, I really really really really want to go to The Range this weekend but will have to dose up on painkillers if I do.

PEPPAPIG I am not impressed with qvc so far, there hasn't been anything that has caught my eye.

GIRLINAYELLOWDRESS yayy glad it has started moving along

PRINCESSKITTY haha you did make me giggle the thought of you with the tinsel around your neck and a hot chocolate :rotfl:

MANDCO ooh I like the sound of the white stags head jar will have to have a look. Mmm chocolate tiffin wreath my lot would love that

SAMMYKAYE I hope your headache goes after a few hours sleep
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,883 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone - mind if I join you?
    I have made a slow start to buying this year, although I do have ideas (mainly for the adults though). I really struggle with the teens - I have nephews of 17 and 18 and a niece of 13. Don't just want to give money.....
    Last Christmas was awful for us as my other nephew died at the end of November and the funeral was 30 Dec. We just got through Christmas as best we could but I want to make it special this year if I can. My children are 18, 16 and 13 and they are good at letting me know if there's anything special they would like (within reason!).
    Thanks for the heads up about the HB candles. I got the gingerbread one and the apple cinnamon this morning. They are such good value and the scent last for ages. I also got some gift bags in HB. No Range near me unfortunately :( Was tempted to get the half price shortbread tin in M&S but it will only be us eating it - there's no one I can gift it to.
    What size are the choc boxes in Morries, do you know? Wondering whether to pay a visit - the car park is really small and our car is quite big, so could prove stressful for a bargain lol!
    Have bought tickets to see Paul Weller for DH and I (O2 in March) as we don't really buy for each other. Got 2 yo nephews present in Mothercare this morning. Its the happy street train set. £25 half price - who would pay £50 I don't know... Anyway, that's a couple off my list.
    Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Into the Water by Paula Hawkins 14/24
  • lizalexander
    Options
    Anyone looking for the cocktail baubles in Morrisons - I have just seen that they are also selling them in Sainsburys.
    £5 each so a little more expensive as not on offer - but might help someone out if struggling to get them
    Liz x
    Comp Wins 2014 - £200 Thats Life Mag Win
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just a heads up on the Morrisons choc deal. I seen on a Frugal group im in that they are smaller tubs than Tesco, which are £1.50 each. Apparently Tesco is a better deal going by the bigger packs you get. I havnt looked into it myself.

I got a cute little penguin pass the parcel game from The Range today. I keep popping in to see if they have the Elf bed in stock. Its a little tissue paper penguin that you take a layer off and there are prizes. The prizes are like cracker prizes, but it looks like a bit of fun for the xmas dinner table.
    I managed to leave without buying any other xmas decs, go me :-)
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • carlislelass
    carlislelass Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Had a Christmas delivery only to find one box nearly squashed in half, contents smashed and leaking. First time I've ever had problems.
  • whitesatin
    whitesatin Posts: 2,088 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm so excited as my daughter has just booked for she and I to go to Chamonix for a few days - early in December. I guess I will get some shopping opportunities whilst there - thinking chocolate and other essential stuff for my grandchildren.
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Loving all the Christmas chatter, sure sign we're into October and preparations are really ramping up.

Welcome COXY. I think other people's teens are really difficult and must admit I usually end up doing festive sweets/chocs and Primark vouchers. Last year must have been awful for you all, no doubt this year will also be bittersweet but good for you trying to make it special for everyone.

PRINCESSKITTY me and DD1 are the same, we were so excited when we got in the Range - I could easily have bought all the lighting and most of the decs lol.

FREE I'm really hoping QVC will improve, I hate it when they basically do all their normal shows and just put Christmas in the title :mad: MURIE has made me want to look into the Cozee Homes throws though so if they're on I'll make an exception.

SAMMY hope your headache is easier, I bet snuggling up with Nicky was lovely though. Unfortunately you've made me fancy sausages and I don't have any.

MANDCO I thought Wilkies had some good sweets - I always buy a tube of sweets to go with some of the pressies so was happy to save 25p a time.

LIZALEXANDER thanks for the cocktail baubles tip. GYD has made me want to get some for pressies but our Morrisons is a trek and one of those car parks that you take ages to get out of so I might go to Sainsbury's instead.

CARLISLELASS that's very frustrating, hope you can get them redelivered.

Ooh WHITESATIN that sounds like a lovely pre-Christmas treat and a fabulous excuse to buy (and eat) lots of lovely goodies.

I have another shopping day planned with DD1 on Tuesday. This time we'll be heading to Poundland (of course), Primark (hoping to get some bits for the grandies) and Matalan because I've not seen their Christmas range in real life, only on the website. As our smaller B&M is next to Matalan I think we'll squeeze that in too and hope it does better than the big B&M did last time. Getting very excited now, I feel the Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special coming on. :D
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport