* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Vulpix I agree with you about the wrapping + usually when I sit down to do some it takes so long I get bored. Always say I will wrap as I go but never do :D

Like your idea for the chocolate oranges sounds great to turn them into rudolph
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    I will catch up properly, but just to let you know that my wrapping preparation on Tuesday was disastrous, so I didn't join in last night :mad:

I ordered some prints which I thought would be great, they were £15 each or £160 framed, was not paying that much so ordered frames from the bay of fleas, which were £16 each, so much more MSE! They are A1 size, so pretty good value. Anyway, battled to get the plastic film of the "glass", well perspex, laid on floor, placed print in frame only to discover one of them has been a bit less than truthful and the the flipping print is about 20mm too wide. Was seriously unhappy as I will now have to get the print trimmed.

Was so annoyed, thought I would get that sorted on Tuesday, join in the wrapping yesterday and I would have a couple of more presents finished:(
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Oh no, I'm so hopeless I completely forgot about wrapping last night :( Right I'm going to put those dates in my diary so I don't miss the next one. How is it going to work? Do we wrap and post as we go?

Welcome Newbies.

I'm supposed to be going to yoga for the first time this morning and my mat hasn't arrived so have to go now and see if I can find something else or I won't be able to go. Back later.....
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    freepsirit I’m not sure what my DH would make of it if I bought him a Dyson for Christmas! :p

girlinayellowdress those baubles sound fab! I love doing comps but I don’t win anything very often!

Welcome treeny! Wow you’ve got a busy house at Christmas! I’m going to have 6 adults and 2 young children Christmas day and Boxing Day and I thought that was busy!

sammy you’re new decorating theme sounds lovely. I do hope you get the £100 back from your SiL soon, she shouldn’t really be spending money if she owes you.

cozicup I made some couples a movie hamper one year that included chocolate, popcorn, drinks and either a cinema voucher or 3 month LoveFilm voucher. I’d imagine a coffee shop chain voucher would go down well as Stokie said.

vulpix wrapping always takes me longer than I think, I really need to get started now I’ve got two littlies. I remember leaving it till December after I had Wiggle and it ended up being really stressful! I’m hoping if I start now and do it little and often like you then it’ll be a pleasure rather than a chore.

GTQ that is so annoying, it’s frustrating when something arrives and isn’t as described.

I’ve just dropped Wiggle off at pre-school and Squeak is having a sleep. I really want to get on with Christmas stuff but my kitchen is a right mess! That’ll teach me for not doing it the night before, but sometimes after having the children all day I just want to sit down!
  • StokieBecks
    StokieBecks Posts: 4,997 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Getting there I ordered prints too that were on offer and bought frames from wilko. I too had to trim down my print to fit the frame grrrr. Sitting making Christmas cards. Happy today
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,664 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just popping in to give a quick head s up for Christmas stock cupboards that

MORRISONS have 4 boxes of chocolates (ie Roses, Quality Street, Celebrations etc) on off 4 boxes for £5 - ideal fro teacher gifts or to put into Christmas bags......or even donate.

Still no luck with the money from SIL - asked husband about it today and apparently she is giving it to me today. at some point. we'll see..

currently updating my Xmas lists

worked out that if I use the £15 voucher I won in work for doing well with a mystery shopper - and use it on my daughters xbox minecraft game - the game is £16.99 - with my 10% off it becomes £15.29 so I will have to pay the grand total of 29p :D:D:D and that is the last thing on her list bar a build a bear voucher which I might see if my dad will get her - and a TV which is her main gift but I am looking on Shpock and selling sites first

right off to do some housework
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    not happy with royal fail today. Had to swap shifts at work as taz has an inset day tomorrow so knew I would probably miss my delivery not a problem as I have something to pick up from the depot anyway. Missed a text mid morning to say my parcel has been delivered and left in my nominated safe space - I don't have one got home and it had been left on the doorstep :mad: and gawd know what the scrawl on the missed parcel card is meant to say its totally unreadable they didn't even fill in any of the details.

On the plus side said parcel contained a discount voucher for the advent calendar dd wants for xmas making it a bit more reasonable so I'll get her that as her main gift.

gotta read back catch up in a bit hopefully
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,013 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vuplix taz is 5 they certainly grow up too quick it makes me sad that he's my last one so trying to keep hold of the magic as long as possible though he did ask me if santa was real this week :eek::(

GinaYD The gin/cocktail baubles sound great no morries near me though & they don't deliver here either. you seem to be doing well on the wins this year I always mean to enter more comps but usually forget :o

Treeny sounds like you've got a house full this year should be fun just try not to exhaust yourself doing everything

sammy thanks for the heads up on the chocs. Great when you can pick up gifts for virtually nothing I have some points on my boots card which will pay for a few bits actually I might buy myself something from the kids

GTQ how frustrating with the prints really annoying when things aren't what they are meant to be esp if it ends up costing more time/money. Hope they aren't to much hassle to get sorted

princesskitty - next time put your feet up for 10 mins the house work can wait kids are exhausting at times - some days just getting through the day in one piece is an achievement

I'd better shoot and get taz tc all
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • kabinsons1
    Options
    In Christmas week I and my family going to visit Solana Beach and their we fun so much. The Christmas party we enjoyed so much whole night.
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Afternoon everyone, sorry I totally forgot about the wrapping party as well :o
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure