* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• pawlala
    pawlala Posts: 1,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I got ideal home tickets today, never been before so excited. Is it worth getting excited about.. anyone been?
  • Taplledraw
    Taplledraw Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I do love Christmas and accidentally put out some reduced Christmas syish cushions I bought yesterday after all robins are around all year and it seems a waste to wait until the rest of the decorations are up. I will make some Christmas material cushion covers to go with the rest but resist putting them on till nearer the date. We will be getting the decorations down from the loft at the end of this month as we go away mid November so I am thinking they could go up before we go, due to my and my late mother and Grandmothers liking for Christmas (and me now having all the decs) it takes me three days to get them up (Some are tatty but loved two of the fairies are almost of pensionable age I think) Do you think I could decorate our village Hall at the beginning of November as some groups will not meet in December or is this just too early and I will get shouted at?? Thoughts please..it is known throughout the village that if you stand still near me at Christmas you may get decorated animals included!
  • Taplledraw
    Taplledraw Posts: 206 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 5 October 2017 at 4:07PM
    Options
    pawlala wrote: »
    I got ideal home tickets today, never been before so excited. Is it worth getting excited about.. anyone been?

Yes and Yes not for the last year though . Lots of Christmas music , loads of decorations to look at, recipes to watch, food and gifts to buy or memorise and recreate at home!, trees to stand in and have your photo taken . get the goodie bag if there is one too it was good the year we went. You will love it sadly no time to go this year. oh and watch on the website for competitions you can enter before you go. I took Christmas themed sandwiches with us as I am gluten free and then we could eat them whilst watching something which saved time and money. There are plenty of food outlets, ohh and fake snow as you are going in to put you further in the mood and of course some of the stalls smell of Christmas!
  • pawlala
    Options
    sounds good, thanks. I missed out on tickets last year so was determined to get some this. I'm thinking the kids will love it!
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    Looks like things might finally be happening in the moving front, watch this space. All I want for Christmas is a new home
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,313 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good news,at last gyd:beer:

I have wrapped everything I have for DD2,about 6 things.There is a mug but I have forgotten where I have hidden it!

Vx
     :
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Good news GYD, fingers still crossed for you.

Welcome to all the newbies.

FREE we're hopeless lol

Had a really good time at yoga this morning, will def be going regularly. My yoga mat was waiting for me when I got home. Took DH for afternoon tea this afternoon as a late birthday treat (Groupon offer) so no diy got done today :D.

Hoping for some interesting stuff on the QVC Christmas weekend and then need to get cracking on the pressie buying next week. For some reason I'm not tired tonight so trying not to do any late night shopping!
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • pawlala
    Options
    Picked up a £10 bottle of bristol cream from T, that'll go down well with santa (et.al :rotfl:)
  • dramarama
    dramarama Posts: 190 Forumite
    Options
    Morning everyone! Hope you're all well.
    Just popping in to say that Superdrug have Terry's Choc oranges for £1 and I think B&M may also be selling them at the same price. I've also seen some good half price cartons of choc. Tesco also had some tins of shortbread for £3.

I've bought a few bits...must resist eating all the choccies!
    Married in 2016. Bought our first home in 2017. Expecting our first baby in November 2017
    :):):)
    Frugal & thrifty as much as possible.
    ;)
  • princesskitty29
    Options
    sammy thanks for the heads up about chocs at Morrisons, I’m hoping to make a trip there soon. Fingers crossed you get your money! Fab bargain with the Minecraft game!

mandco I really hate it when parcels get left on the doorstep, not only can they get stolen but it advertises that you’re not in. I had a Next directory left on my doorstep whilst on holiday once – I was not happy! I agree on getting through the day, sometimes it’s enough just to survive the day especially now Wiggle is a threenager!! :eek:

Taplledraw I would put the decs up so everyone can enjoy them but not everyone thinks like us!

GITYD fingers crossed for moving!

I’ve just got back from The Range and I know you’ll know what I’m talking about when I say that I nearly burst with excitement! :j I literally put my hands to my cheeks in pure happiness, before pulling myself together as there were people around behaving much more normally! :p The downside was DH was with me as we were there to exchange a lamp, he had to get back to work so I couldn’t really have a good look so I have to go back on my own very soon. The only question I have to my fellow Christmas nuts is how on earth do we not buy everything in there??? I did get little festive tin with mints in to go in my dad's stocking - anyone that spends Christmas at my house gets a stocking!

As I said yesterday I need to start wrapping little and often, so yesterday when Squeak was having a nap I put Christmas with the Kranks on and wrapped a few presents. The only problem is I love wrapping my presents when all the decs are up and it feels really festive but I can’t leave it that late. I might have to make myself a hot chocolate next time and drape a bit of tinsel over myself! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure