🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Remember you're STILL a Womble - 2017 challenge

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,919 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Not sure on Bob's rules on live people/animals:rotfl:

Bob??? Can we womble people? I think someone might have wombled a husband at one point:j, but not sure how MSE that worked out:money:

Clarification on the rules please Madam Chairman
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 15 January 2017 at 12:14PM
    Options
    7p roadkill
    £5 Halifax reward
    £5 body shop voucher
    £6 points sainsbugs :j
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    12 wombled clubcard points here, I'm going to count them separately to my YS reductions :)
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I wombled a Costa receipt with £0.30 pence loyalty points on it today, doesn't sound a lot but it soon adds up. I found one worth £1.20 last week. So they have been added to my card. I won't add them to my womble total until I spend them so I don't double count.

Is anyone else having technical problems with the asda price guarantee website? I wombled a £0.46 pence receipt the other day and everytime I try to log in to print off the voucher it says technical problem....
    Competition wins £13,999.82 [\COLOR]
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LuckyPenny wrote: »
    Is anyone else having technical problems with the asda price guarantee website? I wombled a £0.46 pence receipt the other day and everytime I try to log in to print off the voucher it says technical problem....

Sorry, I've never wombled a receipt from Asda and only really order online from them, so can't shed any light on this I'm afraid.

YS saving of £1.19 on a Chinese leafy vegetable...not sure what to do with it but it was only 6p...:o Other savings of £2.30 and a record number of eggs today 10 = £1.00) so my total for today is £4.49 :T
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi All

Today's wombles

£2.50 payout on nectar used against my shopping.
    £3 saved on catfood
    5p roadkill

Bob
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Evening! Finally got round to registering DH's coffee machine this week and as a thank you (and I suspect to tempt me into making an order) I've been sent three 60g samples of artisan coffee beans. I don't drink coffee, although I love the smell, but DH is made up with this womble. I'm going to claim £2, although I think hand-roasted over acorn ash, all singing, blessed by dancing faeries, chocolate and chestnut smudged, smooth as silk, pleasure-infused beans might be a bit more expensive.

Bizarrely and completely coincidentally, DH also went to see one of his customers today who is a coffee judge and master blender and came away with some roasted beans. Sadly, he paid for them, but I'll let him off, just this once...

A good bag of coffee say AllPress, Monmouth, Hasbean or other third wave artisan roaster will go for around £7.50 for 250g so you're 180g could be claimed at around £6 I'd wager.
    Your so lucky Bob.
    I cashed out £1.96 today from my Quidco cashback account
    I also found an Asda receipt, did a price guarantee check and its work at £0.47p voucher. I'll add this to my total when I spend it otherwise I might end up double counting!
    Total so far £21.23

Thank you LP. With my roadkill do you mean? I agree with your method of counting, like I cashed out £2.50 in nectar points today so added that to my total today as spent
    Hi,everyone!Wow,there are some very serious wombles around here.Who needs a job?:eek:
    I have been catching up on the thread,and was reading the discussion about surveys being wombleable (make up a word-me?Never!!!) or not.Initially I was going to add surveys to my tally,but in the light of that discussion,I agree that you do spend time doing surveys,so I am not going to count them.My total earnt in surveys over a couple of years is already in my ticker,and in my email inbox,they are divided into different folders so I can see how many surveys I do a year,etc.
    So,taking off the Pinecone survey I had initially counted, that brings back my total for the year,back to £1.
    Now needing to be added to that:
    3rd Jan:£5 Halifax reward
    9th Jan:5p roadkill
    14th:£30 goodwill payment from M+S.
    I have my gas/electricity through them,and have always been happy with them (been about 3 years).Every now and again,when I have got into a large amount of credit,I phone them up and ask for a refund of the credit.
    In July last year I did this.They refunded me about £220,and lowered my monthly tariff by a considerable amount.So imagine my surprise when my bill last week said that I had now underpaid by nearly £300 :eek:.So I phoned up,not complaining,but just saying that they had only refunded me in July,and reduced my direct debit.Now I wanted to pay the debt.I was speaking to an absolutely lovely guy,who said he would like to raise a complaint to M+S on my behalf,and refund £30 to my account as an apology.He also then proceeded to take up-to-the-second meter readings from me,and work out a DD amount that will cover evenly over the year.
    Total for January:£36.05

You are doing very well already Saver Upper:T

• Bobarella
    Options
    Good Morning All, had a few wombles over the past few days: £20 Carpool money, 20p roadkill, A random bag consisting of the following: bottle of cleaning fluid, fly spray (?) and bottle of soda water plus a desk lamp from my sister - I'll claim a nominal 50p for each item so £2.00 there.

She did also drop her youngest DD off for me to look after for the next 6 months as she's swanning off to Cyprus for the next 3 years, but don't think I'll claim for that lol !

have a great day everyone.

The carpooling is a good one. How does that work for you? I'm now thinking of Peter Kaye and co of course:rotfl::rotfl:
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Not sure on Bob's rules on live people/animals:rotfl:

Bob??? Can we womble people? I think someone might have wombled a husband at one point:j, but not sure how MSE that worked out:money:

Clarification on the rules please Madam Chairman

Ha ha, well I remember Siebre congratulating me on DD when she arrived as a womble so why not a niece :):rotfl: or husband :rotfl:
    sistercas wrote: »
    7p roadkill
    £5 Halifax reward
    £5 body shop voucher
    £6 points sainsbugs :j

Brilliant SC :beer:

• Bobarella
    Options
    FatVonD wrote: »
    12 wombled clubcard points here, I'm going to count them separately to my YS reductions :)

I have thought of trying to separate my wombles too but only do so with my roadkill. But it (my roadkill) is counted in my Wombling score.
    I wombled a Costa receipt with £0.30 pence loyalty points on it today, doesn't sound a lot but it soon adds up. I found one worth £1.20 last week. So they have been added to my card. I won't add them to my womble total until I spend them so I don't double count.

It does add up and how nice to get a lovely free coffee. I am another that doesn't use Asda just through not having one near by. Sorry.

• LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Okay thanks anyway on the Asda receipt front I'll give it a try tomorrow.

I'm sure a free coffee tastes better than a paid for one!!
    Competition wins £13,999.82 [\COLOR]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family