Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    I'm not sure how I ever coped without a down jacket - so light and so warm!! I've ordered a black one now :eek:

I got a FF one a few years ago in their winter sale. I love it as its sooooo warm (me toasty on a cold winter night north of t boarder at the football while everyone else is freezing their bits off toasty) but omg, it's SO warm I can't do anything like shop in it or I turn into a sweaty heap :rotfl:

Just gained a new jumper today, but a friend gave me that so £0 to me (might have to buy her a drink though as feel bad just taking it, even though she was getting rid of it anyway)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Miss_D_Meanour
    Miss_D_Meanour Posts: 155 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi there
    Have made my first clothes purchase for the year and, as I'm so out of practice, got carried away. Went out for a long length dressing gown, as I have unexpected house guests arriving shortly and staying for a number of months, (had seen one for £35 that I wanted). But, whilst in tkmx buying hangers, saw one with a hood - still not sure why you need a hood on a dressing gown but it looked so cute and was only £19. So far so good. But then I went and found two silk tops, which I just had to have £19 each. So instead of saving £16 ended up over spending by £22.

Hanging head in shame (two tops are beautiful though) and starting my 2017 clothing spend at £57 / £150

Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday
    MissDM
    LBM- June 2009 - 15 year plan started, Dec 2018 - time to review & refocus
    SPC12 #33 £210. Xmas 2019 - #15 £365 / £365 ... PAYDBX 2019 #23: £0 / £3,400
    MFW2019 #2: £6,999.67 / £8,000 MFiT-T5 start £95,352.52 - target £40k

No matter how far you go, you always take yourself with you
  • GilmoreGirl
    GilmoreGirl Posts: 24 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi again,

I spent £46 on clothes - added! I got a top for going out plus a jumper to wear mostly at work. I will need to buy a couple of trousers as well - I'll probably get them from Primark..
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    OK so black down jacket arrived and it's a keeper - £39.99 added to total.

I also bought a gorgeous Fabulou bag from the Charity Shop - It looks hardly used and I only paid £3.00 for it - it's currently on sale for £80 online.
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • vintagegal
    vintagegal Posts: 162 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone

Have been AWOL again, and have been buying things I am afraid. I don't think I'm much over the money I made on eBay sales earlier in the year though, so that's an improvement for me! And I already shrunk one of the dresses I bought in the tumble dryer :mad:
    To everyone that has been justifying 'bigger' spends like Jazees £10 for 3 pairs of socks, I think that if you really need something then it is OK to spend on it and not get something cheap that 'will do'. If you love something you wear it more, and a good quality pair of socks will last longer than cheap ones. A dress that costs £15 in the sale but you never wear it isn't a bargain, it is money wasted. But if you spend £100 on a dress that you wear every week, and enjoy wearing, that's a better buy in my opinion.

I have often been guilty of buying things to scratch an itch. Its far better to look at what you need and fill that gap in the wardrobe with something that will last and that you feel good in. For me this challenge isn't only about saving money, it is about changing the way I think about shopping. And not having a bursting at the seams wardrobe but nothing to wear
    Fashion on the Ration 2020 - 5/66 spent
  • Eltee12
    Eltee12 Posts: 768 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ...... of £2.50, da da daaaaaaah. Also a no spend April, hurrah!
    2018 AFD 23/240
    2018 CCC #11 £38.40/£250
    Mortgage-free since 2013

Debt-free since Nov 2017
  • Miss_D_Meanour
    Options
    Morning all
    Just popping in to say that I took the dressing gown back. Something about it was bothering me. Couldn't put my finger on it, so left it out ready to wear for a week and when I didn't go near it ... Well its fate was sealed. So that puts £19 back into my available funds: £38 / £150

Take care in the rain
    Miss DM
    LBM- June 2009 - 15 year plan started, Dec 2018 - time to review & refocus
    SPC12 #33 £210. Xmas 2019 - #15 £365 / £365 ... PAYDBX 2019 #23: £0 / £3,400
    MFW2019 #2: £6,999.67 / £8,000 MFiT-T5 start £95,352.52 - target £40k

No matter how far you go, you always take yourself with you
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Replacement fit flops - £36.78 - bought last identical pair 2-3 years ago and wore them to death so feel justified in this purchase....
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Not even half way through the year and I'm already over budget (if I keep what I've ordered today in the 25% off TU.)

And I think I've gained weight rather than losing it. Fail :(
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Took a top back to H&M today - last day of return period. I didn't dislike it, but couldn't 100% make my mind up about it, it would need a cami underneath so as not to be see through - which then would mean buying something else / trying to find said cami and in the end I though it was prob more hassle than it was worth and the fact I couldn't decide told me I should return it.

Did pull our a pair of shorts and a top though that I bought last year (top might even have been the year before or earlier than last summer!) and took the tags off those - so like shopping in my own wardrobe.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family