Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning folks :);)

Nothing much to report except that I still haven't spent any of my yearly clothing budget, and seem to be enjoying a simpler approach of using the clothes I have with a lovely mix and match twist :rotfl:. I've also managed to swap a few bits with a friend, so we both got some new stuff without actually having to spend :);)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bought an "emergency" pair of Sketchers the other day - my sandals broke when I was out - £40 to add to total.
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have since ended up with another £5 top (ordered it online for someone else but it didn't fit.) Decided I liked it and it fitted me so I've kept it.

I had to buy a pair of trainers but I don't know whether to add these. I think I counted shoes last year but I'm majorly over budget as it is!
  • Eltee12
    Eltee12 Posts: 768 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hello

#11 total now £143.89/£300 had to buy replacement trainers and some walking-to-work comfy shoes because I now do more walking on the way to work (in my comfy shoes)...

El
    2018 AFD 23/240
    2018 CCC #11 £38.40/£250
    Mortgage-free since 2013

Debt-free since Nov 2017
  • somerandom
    Options
    My head was turned by a special offer on Fablou bags.... bought a beautiful teal one - £45 :eek:.

Also bought a Boden cotton shirt £2 - CS.

Visited a friend this afternoon & helped her declutter her flat - we came across a pair of brand new shoes that don't fit her & she gave them to me as a thank you :)
  • somerandom
    edited 26 July 2017 at 10:06PM
    Options
    Bought another lovely summery Boden top in the CS - £3.50.

Only £40 remaining of my budget for the rest of the year !!!:eek:

Just did a mini analysis of my spend for the year having been shocked I'd used so much of my budget. £200 has gone on footwear & bags !! Also I've already re-donated 7 of the clothing items I bought from CS - in fairness they only amount to about £20 but that's quite a few mistakes...
  • somerandom
    Options
    Wow - I seem to be the only one spending at the moment :o

Hobbs Jeans £3.99, Manteray top - nice colour & length £3.50, Principles black V neck top (very versatile) - all CS of course - £8.49.

I got accepted to do some work later this year which will involve going into a Corporate environment. I'm going to need to extend my wardrobe for that. Having worked in a Charity for years followed by 2 years working mostly from home wearing yoga pants or jeans (much of which has been spent working by phone or Skype) I haven't got too much that will be suitable. I will set myself a special budget for this once I get more details.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Somerandom oh I've been spending I just haven't popped on to confess. Managed to get a little bit of shopping time in when I was in the US recently, as well as new running trainers (which I needed and am now trying to wear in before my next race). However I also managed to buy lots of other bits (which were on the sale on offer but I wasn't going to have nothing to wear with out them :o)

Was sorting stuff for charity today and refound a top I think I might like to wear again. Rest of the bag will be dropped off tomorrow.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• somerandom
    Options
    kerri_gt wrote: »
    Somerandom oh I've been spending I just haven't popped on to confess.

Soooo happy not to be a lone spender :):):)
  • somerandom
    Options
    Monsoon cardi from CS £3.50
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing