Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I deff need some new running trainers, have had mine nearly two years and trained / ran three half marathons in them, tonight found that the sole of one is starting to come away from the fabric part which isn't a good sign. Prob done 400 - 450 miles in them now so I guess it's time.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi folks :);)

Not a lot to report, except I still haven't used any of my clothing budget for the year :rotfl:
    Sold some stuff on the Bay and purchased clothes / shoes with the profits and still have money left over, so not doing too bad :D
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • e4rly
    e4rly Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all, I haven't posted for ages, sorry. Unlike some others my lack of activity isn't an indication of avoiding the shops as I've spent quite a chunk of my budget and its only May...oops!
    Since my last post I've splurged on a work dress and two pairs of trousers. As they've all already been worn quite a few times, I can justify their purchase, plus they were all discounted.
    One thing I am happy about is that the work dress is machine washable, as I often buy dry clean only incurring extra cost. I remembered to check the label before buying this time - a small win me thinks...
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Picked up a lovely green cardi from CS - John Lewis brand new. £3.50. I'm still very short on cardis due to the great moth feast earlier this year.
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • try_harder
    try_harder Posts: 1,527 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    April and May have flown by and no spends either months so five months in and only £9.99 spent this year still unfortunately this also means that i have lost no weight so no new clothes .
  • Eltee12
    Eltee12 Posts: 768 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options

#11 reporting £50.40 spend on a dress, some sandals and a pair of socks (not planning on wearing them all together!)

total spend now £52.90/£300

El
    2018 AFD 23/240
    2018 CCC #11 £38.40/£250
    Mortgage-free since 2013

Debt-free since Nov 2017
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    Help! After spending an evening wriggling uncomfortably in my strapless bra, I need to find one that is vaguely comfortable to wear. Any recommendations from you lovely lot?
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My total spends this year still stand at 38p. Tomorrow I am going to a swishing party and hoping for some good finds. I may be optimistic and choose clothes that I hope I lose the weight to fit into so that If I do lose weight I don't have to buy a brand new wardrobe and ruin my no spend year.

I can dream.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • somerandom
    somerandom Posts: 920 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Eltee12 wrote: »

#11 reporting £50.40 spend on a dress, some sandals and a pair of socks (not planning on wearing them all together!) £52.90/£300

El
    :rotfl:

@Kerrigt Ultimate Strapless Wonderbra - it's the only one thats managed to support my "assets" without straps.... :)
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • kerri_gt
    Options
    somerandom wrote: »
    :rotfl:

@Kerrigt Ultimate Strapless Wonderbra - it's the only one thats managed to support my "assets" without straps.... :)

Thanks somerandom I did look at that one, my main issue is the bones digging in under my boobs and that looked more like it wouldn't. I don't have significant 'assets' to keep in place (trust me, I did contemplate removing my bra entirely on the night out) but don't feel entirely comfortable wearing nothing.
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family