Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• crow99
    crow99 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Once again after reading the forum I've booked to go back to Las Vegas! This time we are flying direct from LGW to OAK (Oakland), with BA, the flight times are perfect and I'm 10 mins from Gatwick.

Will do a couple of night in the Intercontinental San Fran before taking a cheap flight to Vegas (South West are always a winner here). Then 4 Nights comp'd in a Paris Red Room, one of the few hotels I haven't stayed in and Friday night in the Mandalay Bay. Both of which may change depending on other offers.

To mix it up we are then going to drive to Yosemite, stopping off a night on the way, a night in the park and then the last night on the outskirts before heading back out via Oak.

Can't wait and although I've done Route 1 and driven to LAX and San Diego lots, Yosemite will be a new one. Hoping the dollar improves as the fact $125 is more than £100 is just shocking - that said nowhere else could you score MB for £100 a night + fees!

Despite having three holidays beforehand I honestly can't wait to get back. I think I need to start doing twice every year :o
  • secretmachines
    Options
    crow99 wrote: »
    Once again after reading the forum I've booked to go back to Las Vegas! This time we are flying direct from LGW to OAK (Oakland), with BA, the flight times are perfect and I'm 10 mins from Gatwick.

Will do a couple of night in the Intercontinental San Fran before taking a cheap flight to Vegas (South West are always a winner here). Then 4 Nights comp'd in a Paris Red Room, one of the few hotels I haven't stayed in and Friday night in the Mandalay Bay. Both of which may change depending on other offers.

To mix it up we are then going to drive to Yosemite, stopping off a night on the way, a night in the park and then the last night on the outskirts before heading back out via Oak.

Can't wait and although I've done Route 1 and driven to LAX and San Diego lots, Yosemite will be a new one. Hoping the dollar improves as the fact $125 is more than £100 is just shocking - that said nowhere else could you score MB for £100 a night + fees!

Despite having three holidays beforehand I honestly can't wait to get back. I think I need to start doing twice every year :o

So excited for you!
  • Misty_Blue
    Options
    dontone wrote: »
    (won $100 on a 40 cent bet on Gremlins - thank you to Greta for the kissing bonus full screen :T)

I like the Gremlins too. I hit over $800 on one in Bellagio. :)
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Misty_Blue wrote: »
    I like the Gremlins too. I hit over $800 on one in Bellagio. :)

I nearly fell off my chair when Greta popped up, because I had some epic fails on those Gremlins machines before playing the one in CC. She wouldn't stop blowing me kisses :D :T. I have to admit that I'm tight, I only play minimum bet, sometimes I've done rather well though. I did ok on that Timber Wolf one, and my new favourite is the old style Buffalo.
    The goldfish one in Venetian is great as well - especially if you get the 'red fish' bonus. $84 for a full screen on a 35cent bet. ker-ching lol :T:j:beer:
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • Winter_Jasmine
    Winter_Jasmine Posts: 893 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 January 2017 at 8:54AM
    Options
    We've been in Vegas twice while the EDC has been on, it hasn't been too disruptive, apart from the traffic. Speaking if Circus Circus - we went to have a flutter in there last year (won $100 on a 40 cent bet on Gremlins - thank you to Greta for the kissing bonus full screen :T), and it seemed like most of the cars in the car park had been to the EDC. I have never seen as many cars decorated in flowers, various doodles and 'EDC' signs and what-have-you. I wish I'd taken some photos to show everybody' cos it was brilliant. We didn't see much of the EDC crowd though, they must have all been chillin' ;):rotfl:

We've flown in twice on the last day of EDC, like you I loved seeing all the pretty cars. Also saw lots of tired, flower adorned, sketchy looking 'kids' queuing for the elevators to go up to bed while we were heading out for breakfast :)

We generally play low level slots too. Our best ever was on a Fireball in Mirage last year - hubs won $180 on an 30c bet!
    "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now"

MFW: Mortgage Cleared!!! 14 1/2 years early :D
  • Misty_Blue
    Options
    I did ok on that Timber Wolf one, and my new favourite is the old style Buffalo.

I don't think I've ever played Timber Wolf, but I am HORRIBLE at the Buffalo game, I can't win a cent! Everyone else seems to do pretty well with it.

My favourite low-bet win was at MGM (the day before my Gremlins win!) $1550 for 90 cents. :eek:

Gold_zpszi4osyij.jpg
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Misty_Blue wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever played Timber Wolf, but I am HORRIBLE at the Buffalo game, I can't win a cent! Everyone else seems to do pretty well with it.

My favourite low-bet win was at MGM (the day before my Gremlins win!) $1550 for 90 cents. :eek:

Gold_zpszi4osyij.jpg

Cracking win. Well done.
    Timber Wolf is a good 'un 'cos you can get a x3 and/or a x5 multiplier on the games and they also multiply your free spins on the bonus if you get 2 owls and a x3 IYSWIM. I won $50 in Rio on it and bought myself an official Gene Simmons KISS bear in that Crazy Golf place that's opened up. :rotfl::T I couldn't resist it.
    The best I have ever done wasin the Wynn in 2008 where I won $500 on video poker. My ambition of getting an handpay has yet to be fufilled. I'll try again next time :D
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • smurfette31
    Options
    We are going to Vegas for the first time 26th March-2nd April. Staying in the Luxor. Getting married in Vegas weddings Chapel on the 29th :D
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are going to Vegas for the first time 26th March-2nd April. Staying in the Luxor. Getting married in Vegas weddings Chapel on the 29th :D
    Congratulations. Have a lovely wedding and holiday.

We arrive 30th March.
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options

The queues for checking in are very long here - a tip for you (hope it works) ask your cab driver to take you to the North entrance then instead of taking the escalator up to the main entrance take a right turn and there is a small check in desk there - we were on our way to our room in 10 minutes.

(You then go up the escalator and feel smug about the long queue you are now bypassing!)

Hope everything goes well for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport