Comments

• pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    stoneman wrote: »
    Ok what's happened with myvegas. There are no buffets available ATM
    We've been going hell for leather to get some for this trip and zilch
    You won't see any decent rewards while you're in Vegas. There aren't as many good rewards anyway, but it's really restricted for locals. I think they only see about 10% of the rewards.
  • dan28
    dan28 Posts: 289 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    You won't see any decent rewards while you're in Vegas. There aren't as many good rewards anyway, but it's really restricted for locals. I think they only see about 10% of the rewards.

If you are using the mobile version try the facebook myvegas version. Usually it has more rewards available.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    dan28 wrote: »
    If you are using the mobile version try the facebook myvegas version. Usually it has more rewards available.

Not when you are in Vegas as locals get different rewards to tourists
  • Pedrobandito
    Options
    So do you need to claim the myVegas rewards before you get there and if so how far in advance would people suggest?
  • pebblesmax
    Options
    dan28 wrote: »
    That used to be the case with the old version. When they updated the app they stopped that loophole.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,363 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    So do you need to claim the myVegas rewards before you get there and if so how far in advance would people suggest?

Yes you do and they expire after 90 days ( generally)
  • pebblesmax
    Options
    Most rewards are valid for 90 days from purchase date. I usually start looking and buying rewards when I'm within 90 days of my return date. Be aware that some of the 3rd party rewards have shorter dates. I have seen one with 60 days on the small print, but I forget which one it was now.
  • Jon1970
    Jon1970 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    So I'm off on my second trip to Vegas in November and on the first trip I used MyVegas rewards and plan to again. First trip I only got enough gold coins to get a couple of show tickets but this time I've built up more. My understanding is that you can only redeem 3 MyVegas rewards (for those available in MGM properties) in a 30 day period. However note that there are other rewards that aren't in MGM properties so they don't have this restriction. Most of these rewards will expire within 90 days when you've chosen them (check the T & C's).

To maximise your rewards looking at the terns and conditions I would suggest getting show tickets well in advance as it would appear they are redeemed once the show tickets are purchased for example I have already got show tickets for my November trip. This should therefore leave me with the 3 MGM rewards to use when I am there and I plan to choose these in the next month or so so I don't fall foul of the 90 day reward expiry date. I will also get some non MGM rewards on top of that.

Theoretically it should mean I should get 3 shows, 3 buffets and some other bits and pieces. One thing to note is that I have already got x2 shows and booked these online using MLife, however tried to book the 3rd show on MLife but it would appear that this option wasn't available to book online, but it was a show I had previously seen back in May and was able to book online before and they appear they might have removed the online booking feature which now means the cost of a phone call to the States and a booking fee which you avoided when booking online.

Hope that helps, those more experienced in using MyVegas might add/correct the stuff I've contributed above.
  • Pedrobandito
    Options
    Thanks for all the help, am going in 6 weeks so will get using them now :)
  • pebblesmax
    Options
    Be careful with the show tickets Jon. In my experience, even though you can book rooms and shows well in advance, they are classed as redeemed on the day they are used. You can't count them as redeemed before that date, even though they were booked well in advance.

Having said that, I usually buy more rewards than we need so we can change our minds while we are there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure