Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• gracie10
    gracie10 Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What form is that dontone?
    Just read Wynn/encore charging for parking from August 7th, we arrive on the 6th 🙁
  • Steviealexander
    Options
    Wow what a great thread thanks Secretmachines, Ive been 5 times to Vegas but the last time was 10 years ago but planning to return in the next year or 2, previous visits I always liked to be in the Caesars, Bellagio area of the strip.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    gracie10 wrote: »
    What form is that dontone?
    Just read Wynn/encore charging for parking from August 7th, we arrive on the 6th 🙁

It's the API form. You are supposed to fill it in before you leave (it was 3 days before) but you can do it at the airport now. We had ours filled in when we checked in (after spending about a week complaining to the airline that the online form didn't work, and even going into the shop itself for help and getting none.)
    Get there as early as you can :) hth.
    Btw, booooooo on the car parking charges. It's like they are trying to price everybody out of visiting. I still grudge paying those ridiculous resort fees.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • bobbyhibs
    bobbyhibs Posts: 642 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dontone wrote: »
    Btw, booooooo on the car parking charges. It's like they are trying to price everybody out of visiting. I still grudge paying those ridiculous resort fees.

Another one whom grudges the resort fees! just another exspense , though it seems alot of people see it as part of the holiday cost and budget on it- though im glad there is this mse that helps save us -gives us tips on saving money !!

I dont drive in vegas or oversees so the parking charges would not apply to us.The only way i think vegas will stop the parking charges and resort fees if millions and millions of people stop going, which i doubt will happen.
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bobbyhibs wrote: »
    Another one whom grudges the resort fees! just another exspense , though it seems alot of people see it as part of the holiday cost and budget on it- though im glad there is this mse that helps save us -gives us tips on saving money !!

I dont drive in vegas or oversees so the parking charges would not apply to us.The only way i think vegas will stop the parking charges and resort fees if millions and millions of people stop going, which i doubt will happen.

I do grudge them because it's paying for the room twice. And I have used mse for tips, & also used the $20 trick to get a good deal last year, but I still say that it is expensive. It feels like the place has gotten very greedy, and it's a shame, 'cos I love the place, but it sure has changed since we first went in 2001.
    I could 'invest' that extra money in a slot ;) - or buy some jeans & Skechers.
    And we always get a car 'cos we like to go and explore. We like going beyond the Strip.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    When this thread started way back by Trets with the help of a few of us on here, Vegas was cheap.

It has changed so much in recent times with the de theming of resorts and the introduction of so many different charges that even on a comped room it is difficult to get them free.

buffets have increased in price but IMO have gone down in quality.

The legalisation of weed means that everywhere now smells of it, read many complaints of their hotel rooms smelling of it

It dos seem that the bean counters are aiming for a different type of customer these days, and if the occupancy rate stays high then it isn't going to change any time soon
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    If the Resort fee was included in the cost of a nights stay we would all know the exact cost of the room. That would probably make the rates less attractive but at least everyone knows what they are paying. Things like pool and gym access should be part of hotel features not an added extra IMO. As mentioned some hotels are now charging extra for parking, what next?

All the extra fees don't stop me going but I consider these when choosing the accomodation.
  • photome
    Options
    stevie11 wrote: »
    If the Resort fee was included in the cost of a nights stay we would all know the exact cost of the room. That would probably make the rates less attractive but at least everyone knows what they are paying. Things like pool and gym access should be part of hotel features not an added extra IMO. As mentioned some hotels are now charging extra for parking, what next?

All the extra fees don't stop me going but I consider these when choosing the accomodation.
    There are very few that don't charge for parking, without going off strip.

Even the California , downtown was putting in payment machines in May
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    There are very few that don't charge for parking, without going off strip.

Even the California , downtown was putting in payment machines in May

Last time I visited (Dec 16) I used Treasure Island parking, is that now chargeable?
  • photome
    Options
    stevie11 wrote: »
    Last time I visited (Dec 16) I used Treasure Island parking, is that now chargeable?

I think it's still free there
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport