E.ON Fixed 1 Year £75 Reward

Options

Comments

• Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all. Thought I'd pop on with a bit of information about a couple of new tariffs some of you have been emailed about.

As part of the product review we've mentioned in other threads/posts, we’re trialling new tariffs and the way we offer them to both existing and new customers. The Fixed 1 Year Reward tariffs are part of this trial. They're aimed at a selected group of customers who we think might be interested in this type of package. As such, it isn’t widely available through our website or over the phone. Although priced similarly to our existing Fixed 1 Year tariff, these new products have the benefit of additional rewards.

The Fixed 1 Year £75 and £100 Reward tariffs are being offered to selected customers who are coming to the end of Fixed 1 Year versions 18 and 19. The offer is exclusively by email to dual fuel customers only. The £75 Reward version is to customers who have been with us for 13 months to 2 years and the £100 version is for those who’ve been with us for up to 12 months.

The email directs customers to a joint Energylinx/E.ON website. Eligible customers with an online account will also see a website banner when they log in. Customers who decide to sign up will start on the tariff the day after their version 18/19 ends.

Within 14 days of starting on the tariff, we’ll email customers an e-code that can be exchanged for e-vouchers such as Amazon or Argos. These need to be exchanged within 3 months. Dual Fuel and paperless billing discounts will continue but ongoing rewards and price alerts will stop.

There’s a £35 exit fee per fuel for the £75 Reward and a £50 exit fee per fuel for the £100 Reward for customers changing supplier outside of their renewal period.

The review is an ongoing project as we’re continually looking to develop our products to better suit a changing market. The aim is to freshen up our approach and trials like this help us understand the varying needs of our customers. Totally appreciate, these products won’t suit all but it’s important to make a start and I expect to see other variations in the coming months. As ever, Helena and I will be on hand for any advice or guidance needed.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all. Thought I'd pop on with a bit of information about a couple of new tariffs some of you have been emailed about.

As part of the product review we've mentioned in other threads/posts, we’re trialling new tariffs and the way we offer them to both existing and new customers. The Fixed 1 Year Reward tariffs are part of this trial. They're aimed at a selected group of customers who we think might be interested in this type of package. As such, it isn’t widely available through our website or over the phone. Although priced similarly to our existing Fixed 1 Year tariff, these new products have the benefit of additional rewards.

The Fixed 1 Year £75 and £100 Reward tariffs are being offered to selected customers who are coming to the end of Fixed 1 Year versions 18 and 19. The offer is exclusively by email to dual fuel customers only. The £75 Reward version is to customers who have been with us for 13 months to 2 years and the £100 version is for those who’ve been with us for up to 12 months.

The email directs customers to a joint Energylinx/E.ON website. Eligible customers with an online account will also see a website banner when they log in. Customers who decide to sign up will start on the tariff the day after their version 18/19 ends.

Within 14 days of starting on the tariff, we’ll email customers an e-code that can be exchanged for e-vouchers such as Amazon or Argos. These need to be exchanged within 3 months. Dual Fuel and paperless billing discounts will continue but ongoing rewards and price alerts will stop.

There’s a £35 exit fee per fuel for the £75 Reward and a £50 exit fee per fuel for the £100 Reward for customers changing supplier outside of their renewal period.

The review is an ongoing project as we’re continually looking to develop our products to better suit a changing market. The aim is to freshen up our approach and trials like this help us understand the varying needs of our customers. Totally appreciate, these products won’t suit all but it’s important to make a start and I expect to see other variations in the coming months. As ever, Helena and I will be on hand for any advice or guidance needed.

Malc

WHAT !! So now E-on has not only got tariffs for new customers only, but now new tariffs for " selected" existing customers.
    Is it only me who think they have lost the plot?
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    This "new" tariff doesn't show as available for me when logged in??

As above brewerdave, these tariffs are only available to eligible customers through the email we send as versions 18 and 19 of our Fixed 1 Year (dual fuel) tariff come to an end. They won't appear on our website.

Hope this explains.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    As above brewerdave, these tariffs are only available to eligible customers through the email we send as versions 18 and 19 of our Fixed 1 Year (dual fuel) tariff come to an end. They won't appear on our website.

Hope this explains.

Malc

Good morning Malc,

As E.on supply me with electricity only they have made no attempt to keep me. Hopefully it was not something I have said!!!!
    Options
    caro69 wrote: »
    No, nor me.

I received an email this morning offering it as I'm currently on v19 ending January.

Yesterday I had another email advising me tariff was coming to an end and was offered v20.

I'm hoping that Malc and Helena can let us know if this is the new tariff they were promising this week. If so, it's a disappointment and quite frankly an insult to anyone's intelligence.

As above caro69, you won't see this tariff on our website. It's only available through the email you've received from us.

This is one of the tariffs released as part of the overall product review we've been talking about recently. It's part of a trial offered to selected groups of customers currently on versions 18 and 19 of our Fixed 1 Year (Dual Fuel) tariff. It's additional to the current Fixed 1 Year tariff on our website. We're looking to better understand the varying needs of our customers.

We wouldn't rule out offering similar tariffs to all our customers in the future as we look at the impact the trial has.

Hope this explains.

Malc
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    Good morning Malc,

As E.on supply me with electricity only they have made no attempt to keep me. Hopefully it was not something I have said!!!!

Hello Mable and, no, nothing personal. We're trialling certain things at the moment as part of the overall product review we've been talking about. Hopefully have something of interest to you in the future.

Malc
  • caro69
    caro69 Posts: 96 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They're aimed at a selected group of customers who we think might be interested in this type of package. As such, it isn’t widely available through our website or over the phone. Although priced similarly to our existing Fixed 1 Year tariff, these new products have the benefit of additional rewards.Malc

Well, this specially selected customer is not interested I'm afraid Malc! Only a fool would pay hundreds of pounds extra for their fuel for the sake of splashing out £75 at Argos or Amazon. As I said before we don't want gimmicks just reasonably priced energy.
    Titch :)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ...so won't be me getting any offers as I've switched twice since v19 !:rotfl:
  • st999
    st999 Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The £75 Reward version is to customers who have been with us for 13 months to 2 years and the £100 version is for those who’ve been with us for up to 12 months.

So not rewarding customers as much who have been with Eon longer than new customers.
  • caro69
    caro69 Posts: 96 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    st999 wrote: »
    So not rewarding customers as much who have been with Eon longer than new customers.

Absolutely, but again they are not rewarding anyone at all. This is not a genuine reward it is a gimmick.

In fairness, I suppose we were never going to fall for it as we are MSE regulars, but there will be some who think they are getting a genuine reward, and of course it is carefully timed for Christmas so there will be those who are less well off and will be grateful for the money to buy Christmas presents.

Not the way I would expect an energy company like Eon to conduct themselves.
    Titch :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport