E.ON Fixed 1 Year £75 Reward

Options

Comments

• Rubidium
    Rubidium Posts: 663 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Are you seriously willing to be bribed to stay, when you could pay much less and get cashback by switching to another supplier on a better tariff!.

This site is for money savers!
  • Matt17
    Matt17 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Rubidium wrote: »
    Are you seriously willing to be bribed to stay, when you could pay much less and get cashback by switching to another supplier on a better tariff!.

This site is for money savers!

Maybe you can with your usage but the best deal I can get elsewhere is only £80 per annum less than this tariff but with £100 reward I will be £20 better off and I dont have the risk of any hassle with switching that I have had in the past and I get to stay with Eon who I have been happy with.
    So thanks for your input but it doesnt apply to me.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nick_pike wrote: »
    https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/your-account/billing-and-payments/detailed-bill

These show billing summaries without VAT. No where on the page does it state whether including VAT or not. I'm only interested in the total paid so why leave off VAT, and not tell us you have done so? Unprofessional.
    I told E-ON about this months ago.

Many thanks for this nick pike. I've found the page in question and agree. VAT isn't included in the electricity and gas charges for the particular bill being looked at.

I've raised a formal request today to have this amended. Can't give a timeframe but we are looking to revamp our website later this year and will try to have this included.

Thanks again for taking the time to post the link.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Matt17 wrote: »
    I got the email for the £75 Reward offer. I also see a website banner for £75 reward when I log in to my online account. I have been with Eon for 14 months so this seems correct as this version is to customers who have been with EON for 13 months to 2 years and the £100 version is for those who’ve been with EON for up to 12 months.
    However when I click through to get a quote and enter my customer number I am offered the £100 offer. If I accept this and click confirm switch will the £100 reward be honoured?
    Maybe you can with your usage but the best deal I can get elsewhere is only £80 per annum less than this tariff but with £100 reward I will be £20 better off and I dont have the risk of any hassle with switching that I have had in the past and I get to stay with Eon who I have been happy with.
    So thanks for your input but it doesnt apply to me.

Hello Matt17 and sorry about the confusion.

To be honest, I've not come across this one before. As you've been with us for more than a year and are currently on version 18/19 of our Fixed 1 Year tariff, you should fall into the £75 Reward pot. This is confirmed by the banner on your online account that alerts eligible customers to this offer.

I'm guessing there's been a glitch with the quote tool although not been briefed about anything in particular. If you do decide to go for this tariff, we'll confirm the value in the contract details we send as with all tariff switches. Totally understand, this doesn't help when deciding on your next deal so would suggest you talk to our quote team. They have the access I don't and will be able to let you know the exact value of the Reward if you were to move to this tariff.

Sorry to be vague Matt17 but hope this points you in the right direction.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Matt17
    Matt17 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    If I go for the reward tariff once i have received the £100/£75 reward will I be able to switch to any other Eon tariff that is available on the Eon website without paying the exit fees from the reward tariff?
    Thanks
    Matt
    Options
    If I go for the reward tariff once i have received the £100/£75 reward will I be able to switch to any other Eon tariff that is available on the Eon website without paying the exit fees from the reward tariff?
    Thanks
    Matt

Absolutely Matt. There are no charges/exit fees for moving from one E.ON tariff to another.

We'll email within 14 days of going on to a Reward tariff with an e-code to exchange for an e-voucher to the full value concerned. You'll have 3 months to exchange the e-code before it expires. Once you have the e-code, you can change tariff/supplier without having to return it.

Hope this helps Matt. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc
  • omelette451
    omelette451 Posts: 1,900 Forumite
    Options
    Absolutely Matt. There are no charges/exit fees for moving from one E.ON tariff to another

Can you guarantee that this will be true for the life of the contracted tariff (i.e. for another year) and that you won't for example remove this benefit later in the year?

Here's one for the forum... I'm in this boat too, having received the £100 offer as my V19 comes to an end. But I'm a low user (I live in a modest one-bed modern flat)... and the best MSE offer is only £70 less than this one, plus £30 cashback, which very coincidently is the same in total as the e-voucher value. So I'm torn...
    • On the one hand I don't want to encourage EOn not to provide decent offers in future by biting now
    • But on another I really really don't want to go to Scottish Power, which is the only reasonable alternative
    • And I'd quite like to keep my Smart Meter working, which I wouldn't if I switched

... Is this enough for me to (reluctantly) sign up? What would you do in my position?
  • d0nkeyk0ng
    Options
    I really really don't want to go to Scottish Power, which is the only reasonable alternative

Just out of curiosity, what's wrong with Scottish Power? Am thinking of moving to them as they're the cheapest.
  • championmongo1
    Options
    Hi Malc, I've been an EON customer for several years and my EON Energy Fixed 1 Year v19 comes to an end on 2nd February but the email I received on 17th December tells me about v21 but with no mention of a reward nor is there any mention of a reward when I click through and login to my account so can I take it from that that I'm not eligible?
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi Malc, I've been an EON customer for several years and my EON Energy Fixed 1 Year v19 comes to an end on 2nd February but the email I received on 17th December tells me about v21 but with no mention of a reward nor is there any mention of a reward when I click through and login to my account so can I take it from that that I'm not eligible?

Hello nick pike and, although similarly priced to version 21, our Fixed 1 Year £75 and £100 Reward tariffs are different, in that, they have the benefit of additional rewards.

They're currently being offered to selected customers who are coming to the end of Fixed 1 Year versions 18 and 19. The offer is exclusively by email to dual fuel customers only. The £75 Reward version is to customers who have been with us for 13 months to 2 years and the £100 version is for those who’ve been with us for up to 12 months.

There’s a £35 exit fee per fuel for the £75 Reward and a £50 exit fee per fuel for the £100 Reward if customers change supplier outside of their renewal period.

I posted some more information about these tariffs earlier in this thread (#12). Hope this explains.

Malc

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71880154#post71880154

The £75 Reward version is to customers who have been with E.on for 13 months to 2 years and the £100 version is for those who’ve been with E.on for up to 12 months. If you've been with E.on for several years, this is why you haven't been offered the additional reward.

hth

f&w
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts