Options
1235»

Comments

• hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 January 2019 at 9:03PM
    Options
    For avoidance of confusion :) here are the clearly set out terms and conditions from vcc

"4.2 Each Appraisal is valid for 14 days. At any time during that period you may notify us that you wish to accept the Appraisal by using the functionality provided on the Website.

4.3 By accepting an Appraisal in this fashion you are offering to create a binding legal Contract between you and Vintage Cash Cow in respect of the Group of items set out in the Appraisal. If your offer is accepted, all ownership of and title to your Items will pass to Vintage Cash Cow and in return for the Group of items you will receive the sum detailed in the relevant Appraisal.

4.4 If you are not happy with an Appraisal of your Items, then you may decline that Appraisal using the functionality provided on the Website. If you do this, then your Items will be deemed to be Rejected, as set out in clause 5.

4.5 Neither title to, nor risk in, items shall pass to Vintage Cash Cow until a contract for purchase of those items has been concluded as set out in clause 4.3. You accept that you will remain liable for all loss or damage to your Items until that time.
  • Jonfinch
    Options
    Hello.
    So I have just received my "Vintage Cash Cow" labels through the post.
    I have just read the posts with regards to this company and notice that nobody has said anything positive about this company.
    Nevertheless I am going to send off some unwanted items as a tester to see if in fact this company is a rip-off or not.
    Originally I was going to send off 500 Grams of British Silver Coins pre-1947, but after reading posts on this forum, it is clear VCC pays below spot price, so for obvious reasons I will not be sending them my coins.
    Please follow this post for an update on the sent list of items and the valuation (if not breach of policy).
    Jon Finch (19/04/2021).
  • Metalmama
    Metalmama Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Jonfinch said:

"Please follow this post for an update on the sent list of items and the valuation (if not breach of policy).
    Jon Finch (19/04/2021)."

Thanks Jonfinch, as I was going to send them some of my items but have been "on the fence" after reading the reviews here.

Please do keep us updated. I sent them photos of the things I wanted to send in and they said they would accept them. I was keen to send them in, but thought I would do some research first.

Many thanks  :)
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Jonfinch said:
    Hello.
    So I have just received my "Vintage Cash Cow" labels through the post.
    I have just read the posts with regards to this company and notice that nobody has said anything positive about this company.
    Nevertheless I am going to send off some unwanted items as a tester to see if in fact this company is a rip-off or not.
    Originally I was going to send off 500 Grams of British Silver Coins pre-1947, but after reading posts on this forum, it is clear VCC pays below spot price, so for obvious reasons I will not be sending them my coins.
    Please follow this post for an update on the sent list of items and the valuation (if not breach of policy).
    Jon Finch (19/04/2021).
    Hi, this is an old thread but never mind. . . I used Vintage Cash Cow a couple of years ago. They were great. No problems at all. 

I was very wary at first and I guess everyone is because you're using an unknown company. I found that they weren't a rip off company at all. 

I sent them some items that I'd tried selling at jewellers in my high street, especially the ones who deal in gold and silver but Vintage Cash Cow gave me more than I'd been quoted at any of the jewellers. Plus, they took some costume jewellery which the other jewellers turned their noses up at.

VCC pay for you to send and for them to return and they look at your stuff and then they contact you with a price. If you don't like what they're offering, they will send everything back to you. Nothing lost. 

Don't be misled by comments on this forum, people don't always get things right (me included!) It's a shame because I think VCC is okay.

You could contact this company about your silver coins : https://mjhughescoins.com/sell-pre1947-silver/
    You'll get more if any of them are also pre-1920.

You could also look on ebay to see what coins are going for, that'll give you an idea of what you could get for yours. Maybe even sell them on ebay?

Many places will buy jewellery at 'below spot prices', you just have to do some research and see what a few places are offering. Doesn't mean any of them are ripping people off, just trying to maintain a business. 

VCC is okay, no need to be suspicious. Although that IS the British way. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • Doodles42
    Options
    System said:
    Thanks for your response. I put my views on here because of my experience. I saw everyone elses views on here and wanted to add to the discussion with my experience. Instead, people are picking on the way I type, and lecturing me to take responsibility and implying I am pinning blame onto others.

It was stated that I am using this site as a means to have my way. I think this is unfair. I was sharing my experience. What did I do wrong in sharing what I felt or experienced?

I felt that others should know that once an offer is made, You can't change it. So people should be aware of this.
    When I used their service, I read all the information that comes with their info pack. It says you get your items back free of cost if you don't want the offer.

It does not say that the right to cancel the offer has to be done there and then. I tried to contact them on the day I last spoke to them.

I was just sharing my story. I am not bullying my way through.

I will stop posting from here on. I am sorry to cause anyone any upset. That was not my intention.

Thank you for reading.

p.s. I note your post on VCC policy, Hollydays. This was not on the booklet I received. But I hope your information can help someone who is looking to use this company. Thanks.
    I've had the same thing happen to me.  I was looking forward to them contacting me!  They offered me £12.00, I was utterly shocked, he then continued talking over me and pushing me to decide.
    My husband phoned them back minutes later and they said I couldn't change my mind.  I'm so angry and believe I have grounds to complain.
    By the way, has anyone seen VCC terms and conditions? Has anyone been signposted to or asked verbally if the customer accepts their Ts and Cs ?
    I know I felt I was under pressure to decide, the man I spoke to was domineering, rude and very pushy.
  • FastCar
    FastCar Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Vintage Cash Cow - buy for peanuts sell the tat jewellery for large sums on ebay under the account Vintagehoneypots whilst I guess they sell the gold and valuable gems elsewhere for a huge profit.  Defo wouldn't recommend them.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback