PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Help! Moths have chomped my clothes!!!

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I like the smell of the cedar discs - they are on the hangers in the cupboard with the winter coats and jackets.
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • lindseykim13
    lindseykim13 Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    Options
    We've had tiny moths flying around our upstairs for months now i'ts driving me mad, i keep killing them and then more appear! I have got some hanging lavender things in the wardrobes now to keep my clothes safe but i have no idea where they are coming from. So your not the only one.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    we have an older thread discussing moths which should have loads of ideas

Ill merge your thread with that one later on

Zip :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• thegirlintheattic
    Options
    My parents had a big moth problem so I was very careful when I moved to wash everything do I did not bring them with me. Two years later I've noticed several clothes with little holes in them, although all the clothes are made of viscose and none of my cottons have been touched. One top had only been worn once, the other had been worn for years and the holes appeared two days after it was washed!! Only happens on my clothes, not the OHs.

I've just cleaned out the wardrobe and drawers but no signs of moths or any other clothes eaten. I've put down some lavander and cedar blocks to keep them at bay and have packed all the summer clothes in those space bags to keep them safe.

I've also considered it may not be moths but the washing machine, so have brought some of those netting bags to prevent snags.

Anyway, any ideas how I can tell if it is moths and what cheap things I can do to get rid of them? I've just spent £100 on a winter clothes and don't want to ruin them! Already have had to throw out about £60 worth of damaged clothes.
    Save £200 a month : [STRIKE]Oct[/STRIKE] Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    As you've had no replies, and this thread has fallen from the front page of OS, I'll add it to the existing thread to give you ideas :)
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • thegirlintheattic
    Options
    As you've had no replies, and this thread has fallen from the front page of OS, I'll add it to the existing thread to give you ideas :)

Thanks! I'll have a read
    Save £200 a month : [STRIKE]Oct[/STRIKE] Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 9 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills