Comments

• PaulBear
    PaulBear Posts: 66 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 31 October 2023 at 3:08PM
    Options

"Lycra" - when riding a bicycle?
    That's a bit of a stretch....

Yes a bike with loads of nuts but no screws, no brakes, punctured tyres and no seat. Very painful and no direction or stability.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,095 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Zoom7000 said:

Line 1: Reduced from £23/month (Was previously on All Rounder 125GB) to 5G Uncapped 125GB without monthly addon benefit (which I wasn't using anyway) at £14/month.
    Line 2: 30GB at £9/month (Improved from £9.16/month for 2GB)
    Line 3: 30GB at £9/month with multi line discount (Improved from £7.32/month for 2GB)
    Total: £30/Month
    When the confirmation came through it was completely screwed up. The agent messed up the data allocation, uncapping, EU roaming and monthly cost. Pretty much everything!

That's good negotiating - as a matter of interest did you ask for the EU roaming or was it just something EE throw in automatically when you do a deal? It's £25 per month normally.
  • Zoom7000
    Zoom7000 Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    robatwork said:
    Zoom7000 said:

Line 1: Reduced from £23/month (Was previously on All Rounder 125GB) to 5G Uncapped 125GB without monthly addon benefit (which I wasn't using anyway) at £14/month.
    Line 2: 30GB at £9/month (Improved from £9.16/month for 2GB)
    Line 3: 30GB at £9/month with multi line discount (Improved from £7.32/month for 2GB)
    Total: £30/Month
    When the confirmation came through it was completely screwed up. The agent messed up the data allocation, uncapping, EU roaming and monthly cost. Pretty much everything!

That's good negotiating - as a matter of interest did you ask for the EU roaming or was it just something EE throw in automatically when you do a deal? It's £25 per month normally.
    They threw it in themselves last year. Until this month, I hadn't been to mainland Europe in over 24 years, so I didn't need it. However, this year, I asked for it and they gave it to me without any fuss.
  • Murielson
    Options
    Anyone use Smarty? Looking at this Black Friday deal and appreciate any feedback on Smarty and Three as a carrier:

No contract
    50GB instead of 16GB 5G and 4G data
    Unlimited minutes and texts
    £8 per month
    No experience of Smarty as supplier or Three as carrier, anyone have any issues or confirm they are the best ever?

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/sim-only-deal/dd4b4db7fa175bc6dc6e4b4d55d5bce2ca21c538/

• JadedAngel88
    Options
    Murielson said:
    Anyone use Smarty? Looking at this Black Friday deal and appreciate any feedback on Smarty and Three as a carrier:

No contract
    50GB instead of 16GB 5G and 4G data
    Unlimited minutes and texts
    £8 per month
    No experience of Smarty as supplier or Three as carrier, anyone have any issues or confirm they are the best ever?

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/sim-only-deal/dd4b4db7fa175bc6dc6e4b4d55d5bce2ca21c538/

I can't confirm they are the best ever but I used them for maybe 4 years. I left them because of the three network, where I live the phone signal wasn't the best. If you get good coverage you should be ok.

My mum is still with them, I was paying her and my phone's at the time - smarty used to give extra discount if you added family members who are on smarty, she's not had any problems with them at all. You could try them out as the SIM contract is only on 30 days. 
  • MiserlyMartin
    Options
    gser said:
    Beware of extortionate Lebara charges when going to the Isle of Man.

On MSE advice, I opted for the Lebara Sim Only deal when moving from my, soon to close, Plusnet Sim Only contract. I made the switch just prior to departing for this years' Isle of Man TT racing.
    When nearing the Isle of Man aboard the Liverpool - Douglas ferry, I received a text stating that I would be charged £14.99 per mb for data usage. That is £14.99 per mb NOT per GB! Plus call charges of £3.49 per minute. Similarly expensive charges for sending/receiving calls & texts. 
    On reading the small print, the Isle of Man appears in Lebara's Zone 2 for Call Charges, in the same group as the most distant far flung countries imaginable and not in your free 100 International minutes package! This is despite the Isle of Man being only 60 miles (as the crow flies) from my home in North Wales!
    Needless to say, I ditched the Lebara Sim Card and purchased a local Sure, pay as you go for the duration of the TT.
    On my return home, I have now changed service provider to Tesco who are currently offering a much more user friendly package.

That is stupid about Isle of Man being zone 2 £14.99 per Mb of data. It's between the UK and Ireland, Ireland also being included in free roaming. Perhaps it is because the Isle of Man are not in the EU, so a technicality.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,790 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you sign up with iD Mobile (which runs on the Three network & is owned by Currys) on Mobiles.co.uk (also owned by Currys) there is impressive cashback by redemption. You need to upload a bill at months 7, 12, 16, 20, and 24 to prove that you are still a subscriber & receive one fifth of the total cashback each time.
    offers (after cash back)

40GB £4/month
    63GB £5/month
    80GB £6/month
    175GB £7/month
    300GB £8/month
    Unlimited £10/month

Free EU roaming with 30GB of data is included plus all the benefits of the underlying Three network like WiFi Calling but without the sneaky CPI+3.9% mid-contract price rise.

I defy anyone to find a better SIM-only deal currently available.
  • pedro9955
    pedro9955 Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Looking to change my existing Vodafone sim only deal as it will be over £11@  2g data unlimited txt and calls., come April. The deals with Smarty, Lebara etc look interesting @ £5ish ( 3-5 g would be ample as I dont make many calls or use txt very often.)but a bit confused with the info on what 0800 etc calls are inc or will you get stung calling  HMRC, or your insurance company and are held waiting for 40 mins?

Any advice out there?
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,594 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
  • Treetopblades
    Options
    Talk Mobile warning! Talk Mobile use an automated ID checking service that will only check your identity against your current and immediately previous address. You need to have lived at these for at least 3 years. If like me you’ve moved more than once within that period their system can’t cope. Doesn’t matter that you may have previous addresses with a very long residence - you can’t use them. So I’ll have to wait until 2016 before I can apply. Very nice agents on their chat, but wasted 2 hours going round in circles and the ‘computer just kept saying no’. Avoid
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback