Best Sim-only Deals guide Discussion

Options

Comments

• jbet
    jbet Posts: 4,815 Forumite
    Options
    I'm with EE Sim only, rang them up & they price matched the plusnet £10 a month offer
    North London is Lilywhite
  • Anonymously
    Options
    I have been a long term Plus net customer with broadband. But recently there has been an enormous amount of complaints. I have recently had to spend hours on the phone with them because their billing is up the creek.

They only give you 3 days notice before they take a DD and once they have notified you they cannot change the DD, so if it is wrong you have to go through cancelling it OR spending hours on the phone listening to repetitive loud music before you get through.

When Martin is commending this deal on TV he really should give some warnings about their disastrous customer service.

On top of that customers have been reporting on PlusNet's own forums that they have been receiving cold calls and been asked for the security details. It took them ages to admit that the calls were really from PlusNet and not from scammers. Most companies tell people they will not cold call them and ask for their security details, but PlusNet seem to be continuing with this dangerous practice:shocked:. One must ask what sort of company puts their customers at such a risk and what does it show of their concern for customers?

However cheap the deal is with PlusNet, please don't get sucked into it.:wall::wall:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    There's a new 4GB, UL minutes & Texts from Plusnet:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-sim-only-contracts#midpick1

Monthly rolling contract, seems a good deal if only as ammo with your current supplier..
  • ANGELWINGS
    ANGELWINGS Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    There's a new 4GB, UL minutes & Texts from Plusnet:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-sim-only-contracts#midpick1

Monthly rolling contract, seems a good deal if only as ammo with your current supplier..

I really wish Martin would also state that a big negative with all Plusnet mobile is no short number texting, because it's not on the Plusnet website and you don't find out until you are caught out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ANGELWINGS wrote: »
    I really wish Martin would also state that a big negative with all Plusnet mobile is no short number texting, because it's not on the Plusnet website and you don't find out until you are caught out.
    That's presuming you consider it a negative, besides which I wouldn't be surprised if it's added in the future.
  • ANGELWINGS
    ANGELWINGS Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    That's presuming you consider it a negative, besides which I wouldn't be surprised if it's added in the future.
    What positives can you see with this restriction, given that Smart Cap is in place? If you need to pay to park in a public car park with your mobile how can you achieve this?
    Plusnet have stated that it may change in the future but the future could be anytime in the distance near or far.
  • Charles864
    Options
    Just saw about the PlusNet £7.50 for loads of minutes and texts deal so went to EE, my current provider to get my PAC Code. I currently pay £12.99 per month for 300 mins. They practically begged me to stay and ended up getting unlimited minutes and texts, 4 gig for £7.49, I wasn't even trying to haggle!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Charles864 wrote: »
    Just saw about the PlusNet £7.50 for loads of minutes and texts deal so went to EE, my current provider to get my PAC Code. I currently pay £12.99 per month for 300 mins. They practically begged me to stay and ended up getting unlimited minutes and texts, 4 gig for £7.49, I wasn't even trying to haggle!
    That's a nice deal, the only thing stopping me trying to get that is I'd have to pay them full whack for 18 months first :mad:
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think they do 30day contracts.

Someone on here recommend you take out a medium package for a month, then ring um up and tell them you want to downgrade to the basic and then some very good deals can be had
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    I think they do 30day contracts.

Someone on here recommend you take out a medium package for a month, then ring um up and tell them you want to downgrade to the basic and then some very good deals can be had
    That's really sneaky.

I like it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport