We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Climbing the Mountain

Options

Comments

• MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I think as they get bigger and louder and take up more space it is nature’s way of telling you they need to flee the nest.

That's quite funny ES - I thought I must be a bad mum for wanting them to go off and live their own lives. Most of them are out of the house (though only at uni, so home for holidays etc and still expect their own rooms and us to look after and store their belongings). I love them all dearly but I am quite looking forward to a time when my life is totally my own again.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,732 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No need for guilt or to think you are a bad mum. Kids are supposed to gradually learn how to be independent. I am convinced they only do this once they have been left to fend for themselves and realise no one picks up after them. Not a great thing to try though when it is your house and you have to live in the mess too. The trouble is house costs are so high adult kids tend to live at home a lot longer than they used to.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    The trouble is house costs are so high adult kids tend to live at home a lot longer than they used to.

I've actually considered buying a 1 bed flat when we leave this house so if the kids do come back home, it won't be comfortable enough for them to want to stay long term... :p to be honest though a 1 bed flat may be all I can afford.
  • MistyMountainTop
    MistyMountainTop Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 5 January 2018 at 8:38PM
    Options
    I'm a bit tired this morning, I didn't get to sleep until after 12:00 and was up at 6:30. I was surrounded last night by people with the lurgy - I washed my hands about every 30 mins and am hopeful I will not catch it.

I don't have a big list today but there are still some things I'd like to get done:

[STRIKE]Exercise[/STRIKE] Done
    [STRIKE]Clean dining room[/STRIKE] Done
    [STRIKE]Look at flylady thread[/STRIKE] Done
    [STRIKE]Sort out healthy dinner[/STRIKE] Done
    [STRIKE]look for / apply for jobs[/STRIKE] Done
    Update money tracker - first on my list for tomorrow
  • MistyMountainTop
    MistyMountainTop Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 January 2018 at 4:41PM
    Options
    I'm mainly staying home today. I feel a bit drained but there is no reason for it, I slept like a log and even had a little lie in.

I have dinner sorted, these the other things to get done:
    exercise - taking the day off as not feeling great
    [STRIKE] load of laundry[/STRIKE] done
    [STRIKE]tidy outside space [/STRIKE]Done
    [STRIKE]deep clean kitchen[/STRIKE] Done
    [STRIKE]update money tracker[/STRIKE] Done
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I've caught the lurgy so am not planning on doing anything physical today, instead I will concentrate on drinking plenty of water, planning, applying for jobs, etc.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The lurgy is certainly doing the rounds at the moment.

Hope you feel better soon xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yup sure is doing the rounds.

Rest up.

Dxxx
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    My cold seems to be getting worse rather than better. It's not settled on my chest (as they often do) but I am hacking away with a dry cough and generally feeling rough.

I don't think there's much else I can do other than rest and drink lots of water. I'm going to use the day to make some plans and plot out timelines for some goals.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I sympathise hun, sending you lots of get well hugs xx

Feet up, rest and keep hydrated xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts