Climbing the Mountain

Options

Comments

• MistyMountainTop
    MistyMountainTop Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 January 2018 at 2:59PM
    Options
    Lots to do, I woke up early and bursting with energy so am very grateful for that! :j

Goals for today:
    1. [STRIKE]Closet sorting out[/STRIKE] Done
    2. [STRIKE]Call to make Dr Appts[/STRIKE] Done
    3. [STRIKE]Top Up Shop[/STRIKE] - Done
    4. [STRIKE]Clothes to Charity Shop[/STRIKE] -Done
    5. [STRIKE]Pick up DD's prescription[/STRIKE] Done
    6. [STRIKE]Update money tracker[/STRIKE] Done
    7. [STRIKE]Find something to make for dinner[/STRIKE] Done
    8. [STRIKE]More laundry[/STRIKE] Done
    9. [STRIKE]Update Calendars[/STRIKE] Done

I'm not ready to take down the Xmas decorations yet, they make the house look so cosy. It always seems to bare after they are put away. I hope everyone is having a lovely morning xx

Edit - I haven't done too badly today with getting things done. There is something very satisfying about crossing things off lists. I've found enough in the freezer to make dinner and to avoid a top up shop. Aside from that, it's just the clothes for charity and I've decided I'm not going out again today so will put it on tomorrow's to-do list to drop off on the way to the shops. :)
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    As often happens, life has gotten in the way of my plans. Ill and grumpy offspring and other various household emergencies have made it impossible to get on with anything so I'm throwing in the towel for today and trying to just keep us all fed and the house reasonably clean. If I can manage that, it will be an accomplishment indeed! :p
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Oh no, hope things improve and said offspring cheer up.

You did really well yesterday with your list.

Big hugs xx
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    It didn't turn out too badly PMo2, I just needed to look at things logically and see if there wasn't something, no matter how small, that I could do today rather than feeling like I'd failed. I decided to walk into town this afternoon despite the weather and do a couple of errands on my way to the shops.

I was very fortunate to receive a loooovely four-wheeled shopping trolley for Xmas that belonged to my MIL. It was originally fairly expensive but she never used it and was happy to let it go. It's possibly my favourite present! Very sturdy and good quality, it will make life much easier and I'm glad to see the back of my far-too-small two-wheel trolley that was such a pain to use, I rarely took it out. I put it and the bags of donation clothes into the new trolley and dropped them off at the charity shop in town. I also got in some exercise by not taking the car so am well pleased. :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You've been busy today :) it's nice when you get something you like to use too.

Hope you didn't get too wind blown xx
  • MistyMountainTop
    MistyMountainTop Posts: 682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 January 2018 at 5:41PM
    Options
    It wasn't very cold but the wind did try to steal my loaded trolley a few times!

Goals for today:

[STRIKE]Take down Xmas decorations :([/STRIKE] Done
    [STRIKE]Clean front room[/STRIKE] Done
    [STRIKE]Exercise[/STRIKE] Done
    [STRIKE]Check websites for new jobs available[/STRIKE] Done
    [STRIKE]Sort out healthy supper[/STRIKE] Done
    Look at flylady thread
    [STRIKE]Make a start on my 2018 goals[/STRIKE] Started
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sounds like a positive day!

Well done on the exercise.

Took my tree down yesterday & it all looks sad.

Dxxx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hope you didn't get too wind blown today.

Sounds like a very productive day.

We took our decs down at the weekend, it's nice to get back to normal.
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Thanks both, I was able to get most things done, I'm just off to look at the flylady thread now while dinner is cooking.

The Xmas decorations make our house seem so cosy, I always feel a bit of a loss when they come down. It is nice to have everything nice and neat again, I'm trying to figure out how I can keep a cosy feeling throughout the year.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,683 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I can empathise on the adult slobs MIsty although my 2 DDs now adult with their own homes have thankfully left the untidy and uncooperative teen/uni years behind them. I think as they get bigger and louder and take up more space it is nature’s way of telling you they need to flee the nest.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure