The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Comments

• Thanks greenbee - I think you're right. Stuff didn't stack up. We were either in the wrong place at the wrong time, or the individual makes a habit of it. It wasn't personal.

Tea was mrS roasted veg cous cous (OK - but I'm not a huge fan of cous cous), mixed beans and lentils (tinned) dressed in a lemon vinagrette and pizza. And out of all the pizza in the freezer, I managed to get 2 packets of the same mushroom pizza. BG dunna like mushroom pizza..... :doh: And for those of you who are shouting LABEL, Greying! at your screen, I salute you, and agree with you :o That would have been a mighty fine idea.............. :o I managed to cut 2 pieces of pizza for BG that had the least mushroom on. They spat one out and ate t'other........ :( And then fell asleep in their pasta. T'as been a long and warm day. They are now in the land of nod, dreaming about marshmallows, fluffy clouds, unicorns, puppies and squishy hugs :D:smileyhea

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

A DH who ran to protect his family

Sunshine

fresh, HG garden produce.

Ta for popping in. My touchstone.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £2,590/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (April) -  £2/£15  (Camping TTD - £60/90)

Grocery spend April £120.73/215
    Non-food household spend April £25.94/25
    Bulk Fund April 0/£10

Charity Blankets completed 1/24
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,681 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Aw Greying, so sorry you've had to deal with all this today :( What nonsense. Very glad DH was there to run to your aid (and shocking that you would be in need of such a thing! Some people are just *fiends*). Lots of love to you all xxx
  • Elnora32
    Elnora32 Posts: 172 Forumite
    [FONT=&quot]I’m sorry you had to put up with someone being unkind – you don’t deserve such treatment, no one does. I really don’t know what makes some people tick.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Great that your DH was there to protect you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I hope you can put it behind you and enjoy your evening.[/FONT]
  • Aw Greying, so sorry you've had to deal with all this today :( What nonsense. Very glad DH was there to run to your aid (and shocking that you would be in need of such a thing! Some people are just *fiends*). Lots of love to you all xxx
    Elnora32 wrote: »
    [FONT=&quot]I’m sorry you had to put up with someone being unkind – you don’t deserve such treatment, no one does. I really don’t know what makes some people tick.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Great that your DH was there to protect you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I hope you can put it behind you and enjoy your evening.[/FONT]

Thank you both. I think we had a lucky escape - in more ways than one. And it gives me no joy to state that.

BUT - on a lighter note. DH just wanted me to identify a butterfly that had come into the kitchen (Red Admiral) and then proceeded to try to get it back outside again. What did DH grab? My kitchen sieve :rotfl: I mean, I know one doesn't keep one's butterfly gathering net in one's own domestic kitchen - but a sieve????? :rotfl: Anyway, the butterfly was sensibly having none of this mularkey and fluttered about a bit, and then.......... (I kid you not!)...... landed on DH's hand in which the sieve was held....... which meant that in the pixie confines of our kitchen, I was able to open the door and DH stretched out to lay the butterfly on a window ledge...... where it prompty flew off into the dusk! Huzzah! :D

Ain't life grand :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,117 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    So sorry someone has spoilt your day :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Good Morning :hello:

Happy Monday - and a work day in Scotland, I think? Hope it's a good 'un for all.

New week, fresh start.

It will probably be Omlette, tatties and baked beans for tea. Although I want to think of something absolutely spiffy to do with the donated HG produce we've received over the past couple of days, so that may change. But I want to make sure it 'makes a meal' iyswim. Curry is the most likely option for that - maybe curry tomorrow?

Can't think of anything else utterly :money: to report. Don't think we'll be perambulating anywhere far from the homestead. All out of pennies for the mo. Still, it's not like we've nowt to do :D And if all else fails, we'll spend the day tickling BG :D

Ta for popping by. Appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,117 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Enjoy your day:) x
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Sorry to hear that some idiot spoiled your day yesterday.

I think because on the whole our friends and people we come in contact with are nice decent well behaved people, it comes as quite a shock when we meet someone who behaves badly. I know it shocks me and makes me quite disconcerted.....luckily the people who behave badly are a very small proportion of the people I know and meet, however they do have a big impact.

I often wonder why people behave badly......did they have a rotten childhood or does it inflate their ego....I dunno. No excuse for it and I wonder whether if they really understood their impact on others whether they would change the way that they behave. Unfortunately, probably not cos some people just don't care.

Hope you have a lovely day today : )
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,108 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    BUT - on a lighter note. DH just wanted me to identify a butterfly that had come into the kitchen (Red Admiral) and then proceeded to try to get it back outside again. What did DH grab? My kitchen sieve :rotfl: I mean, I know one doesn't keep one's butterfly gathering net in one's own domestic kitchen - but a sieve????? :rotfl: Anyway, the butterfly was sensibly having none of this mularkey and fluttered about a bit, and then.......... (I kid you not!)...... landed on DH's hand in which the sieve was held....... which meant that in the pixie confines of our kitchen, I was able to open the door and DH stretched out to lay the butterfly on a window ledge...... where it prompty flew off into the dusk! Huzzah! :D

Ain't life grand :D

Greying X

This is the memory to take away from yesterday - hopefully it has eclipsed the unpleasantness :):)
  • Busy_Mee1 wrote: »

I think because on the whole our friends and people we come in contact with are nice decent well behaved people, it comes as quite a shock when we meet someone who behaves badly. I know it shocks me and makes me quite disconcerted.....luckily the people who behave badly are a very small proportion of the people I know and meet, however they do have a big impact.

I often wonder why people behave badly......did they have a rotten childhood or does it inflate their ego....I dunno. No excuse for it and I wonder whether if they really understood their impact on others whether they would change the way that they behave. Unfortunately, probably not cos some people just don't care.

Hope you have a lovely day today : )

I could have written both those statements Busy Mee. And I think the former statement is possibly why I take incidents like this so hard and easily to heart (others could possibly have brushed it off), and cogitate on what happened for far too long. It is the unfairness of being accused of doing something that I hadn't and the shock of the incident occuring at all. I did wonder what the person's motivation was, and originally I did think it was about self-importance and ego. Now I'm not so sure, but what is done is done. I just hope they don't target anyone else with their interpretation of 'community guardianship'.

greenbee wrote: »
    This is the memory to take away from yesterday - hopefully it has eclipsed the unpleasantness :):)

Absolutely :D:D:D

Greying X

Bulk Fund April 0/£10

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business