The Simple Bare Necessities feat. Gratitude & Recipes

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,683 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    MatyMoo wrote: »
    I have been eating mainly from cupboards and freezers in May and have only been in a supermarcardo once.........and I appear to have missed most of the British asparagus season :(

May have to make a visit tomorrow to see if they have any!

To be fair, I was away last weekend staying in a hotel with a friend and our dogs so was being thrifty for the rest of the month :D

When I was a teenager I tasted asparagus rolls as part of a wedding buffet and loved them. Then realised it was expensive and so told my Mum, who adored it, that I hated it so that she could buy a bunch and then gorge herself :rotfl: A little white lie, but with a very special single Mum it was worth it! Not sure she ever knew I liked it :o

How lovely of you.
    Hoipe you enjoyed your weekend away :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Greying_Pilgrim Posts: 5,489 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    MatyMoo wrote: »
    When I was a teenager I tasted asparagus rolls as part of a wedding buffet and loved them. Then realised it was expensive and so told my Mum, who adored it, that I hated it so that she could buy a bunch and then gorge herself :rotfl: A little white lie, but with a very special single Mum it was worth it! Not sure she ever knew I liked it :o

beanie was right to embolden ^ this bit, MatyMoo - that was indeed a wonderful thing to do :D:T I don't know what supermercados are near you, but mrL have quite a good selection of British Asparagus, reasonably priced, and if you have a HB that has a chilled foods section, and you have time to check them out, well then there might be some good stuff there - although on yesterday's viewing, I think a barrel was being scraped......... And of course, don't forget mrM's 'wonky' stuff. But i appreciate you have limited time and may not choose to spend it perambulating around supermercados in search of perfect British produce at a perfect price!:D

So, here we are again - 'start' of the week. And a reasonably jam-packed one it is going to be.

We've guests for tea tonight. So better think of summat to make...... :think: um................... :think:

We've guests for tea tonight. So better walk round on egg shells so as to not disturb the 'pristine show-home' look that is the result of DH's housework endeavours across the weekend :T

We've guests for tea tonight. So better not dwell on how crap the towers looks inside and out :(

Sticks on a smiley face :D

Still, the baby has been bathed :T We've breakfasted and I'm pretty sure most of the ingredients for summat to eat are about the house :T

Need to get in a walk about today, to breath some fresh air and have something to natter about with BG, although one of the neighbourhood cats has already caught their attention this morning. Walking about on the fence, as though they own the joint, if you please :D

Right, shifting-a-tail-feather, as I write :D

Ta for popping by.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping January - May £90/£90

Grocery spend May £230.12/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    The guests are coming to see you all - not to critique your home. You've been working hard on the house and I think you should be proud of everything you have achieved. There's always more to do but remember to recognise how far you've come.

Have a lovely time with your visitors.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 87% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    GP...

You seem to be having guests for tea...
    ;)
    NAUGHT ELSE MATTERS!

Enjoy their company and stop fretting about anything else!

xoxox
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 3 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,683 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Guests for tea & chat.
    Not to critisise your house.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    ...Greying sneaks in......

"Greying considers self told".......;):D:kisses3:

....Greying sneaks out...

XX

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,794 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Glad you consider yourself told :j :kisses3: I do understand the desire to remove your pants from the radiator and wipe a wet flannel round the bathroom sink, but don't be fretting and feeling inadequate - these are your friends! Also, I'm pretty sure your house is not 'crap' inside or out :kisses3:

Go and have a cheery day with BG and then you'll have lots of adventures to talk about and won't be tempted to point out minor flaws in your house to your guests :D
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    edited 29 May 2018 at 8:34PM
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

Went your day well? Ours did :D

Achieved everything that I wanted to today - including completely forgetting to make one item for tea and completely forgetting that another was sat in the fridge....... And no, not a one of us went hungry..... ;) Everyone appeared to eat their fill and we have leftovers :D

In between food prep - which interests me, but BG less so, although they did make a 'cake' (cue lots of bashing and banging of pots, spoons and things - must have been spiffing :D:smileyhea when mumma was baking :D We managed to get out and about to see how far it was and take in a bit of sunshine. We also got to spend time on an outdoors activity that BG likes to do, so I think we got the balance right today :D

I must make a list of things that I want to get done tomorrow. It was no point in trying to shoehorn them in to today, it all would have got too stressful, and I wouldn't have enjoyed the day as much as I have. But I do need to get on and do them.

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

a chatter and a natter and a catch-up

BG being a joy all day
    - I know it's a rarity, and I won't be saying that everyday, but dang they were super- scrumptious today! :D

a supportive fella, who's just made me a cuppa tea :A:rotfl:

Ta for popping in. See y'all tomorrow :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£15

• MatyMoo
    MatyMoo Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hmmm, I'm about half way between Mr T and Mr M with a couple of German supermarkets, Mr S and Sir W (too posh to be called Mr :rotfl:) a little further afield.

All that choice and I made a mad dash to Mr T who wanted to charge me £3 for the smallest, woodiest pack I have ever seen :mad:

May try a dash to Mr W tomorrow

I'm going to spend more in fuel than asparagus :p

As for visitors, I'm with Cheery, remove underwear from radiators, throw bleach down the loo, wipe sink and kitchen surfaces and pray they don't move anything that leaves confirmation that I didn't dust ;) it's the company and food they come for :T:j:T
    :j Proud Member of Mike's Mob :j
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,573 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Cheery & Maty - just love your mad dash visitor strategy :rotfl:

GP - so glad to hear you had a fabby time and that BG was an :A
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 3 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport