Comments

• Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Have a lovely day

x

Thanks Sweetie - backatcha :D

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,168 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sniggering at the beetroot tainted sample in a suitably mature fashion :p

We have a mid range rustling hobbes kettle and it is frankly dangerous and always has been as it shoots hot water over your hands and the worktop when you pour. Hate it but too mean to replace till it stops working.

Given the issues you have with your hands I think you should seriously consider investing in a boiling water tap. One of my friends with a similar tendency to drop stuff has one and it has reduced her rate of burn injury considerably...
  • redofromstart
    Options
    greenbee wrote: »
    Given the issues you have with your hands I think you should seriously consider investing in a boiling water tap. One of my friends with a similar tendency to drop stuff has one and it has reduced her rate of burn injury considerably...

Thanks Greenbee but we have those at aggressively modern current workplace and I don't like them. There would also be a cat issue if madam could turn them on and off as she would spend all day doing so and wetting herself laughing.

mculloch I had a look at that one on MrA, in the Q&As there is someone with the same problem as mine so I think its like teapots, pure luck if you get one that dribbles or not.

GP, we are having my favourite carrot biryani as I haven't got bored of it yet.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,617 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy Friday Graylings & friends :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,561 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello GP & friends - wondering if anyone else was forced to change their password today?

(Exceedingly difficult on a mobile with autotype!)
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • redofromstart
    Options
    rtandon27 wrote: »
    Hello GP & friends - wondering if anyone else was forced to change their password today?

Yes, sounds like everyone was - couldnt remember mine :o
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,561 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    So relieved to know it was not just me! :D

..but really...

GRRR - with no warning! :mad:
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options

I was told that it was because it was 1565 (or some such number) days since I'd last done it. Random!!!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • carolbee
    carolbee Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had to change mine too
    Carolbee
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Evening :hello:

When I logged on this morning, it was OK. Then I saw your post this arvo, and of course I had the same message, but didn't change it there and then, as I had BG on my lap, happily tapping away at any random key they could reach :eek: So I left it until now. Worra fandango! I mean, in one way, it's ok, MSE had a v v out of date email addy for me. But change your email and .................

Anyhoo, here I am. Wots the betting I forget my password in 2 seconds flat :o

So tea has been munched. Nowt half as exciting as redo's carrot biriyani; we had baked beans on wholemeal toast with a 2 egg omlette. Didn't need owt buying for it, was quick to prepare and was scrummy. DH can have the last of the crumble for pudding when he's finished reading stories and putting BG to bed :A

Had some sad news today that someone I've known for a long time - orginally met through an allotment site - has passed away. They thought the world of BG and were one of two people who actually cried with joy on being introduced to BG, having not been aware I was pregnant and yet having understood the specialness we felt with being blessed with a child later in life. They were an original MSEr, although I somewhat doubt that they bothered with this site, eschewing computer technology for just plain and simply being out there in the garden, or in the hills walking or being with their children and grandchildren - especially a new arrival. So very sad that they have gone so soon, and such a cliche, but they really were, 'one of the good ones'.

We didn't get out and about today. The weather did eventually clear up and we had some sunshine, but when we could have gone out, it was raining, then snowing, then hailing, then sunny, then raining, then snowing............ We really must try and get out and about tomorrow. Two days on the trot, cooped up in buildings is no fun, at all.

We didn't spend any money though :j

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

memories of a kind, supportive and funny person

a warm home on a cold day

a rare nsd

Ta for popping in. Appreciated.

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £1/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £187.95/215
    Non-food household spend May £24.01/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£15

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure