Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sounds like a good day :D

Hope you all get a better sleep tonight

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • FrugalWeirdo83
    Options
    Worked it out:)
    Sealed pot challenge 196
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Afternoon :hello:

beanie - DH's niggles are with a co-worker, so regretfully, are unlikely to disappear any time soon :(BG is better, and yet their nose running like a tap has returned :( Even DH commented on it this morning, how it appears to clear up and then return. Even my head cold hasn't shifted per se. I feel much better, but I'm still congested. These colds definitely aren't following 'normal' patterns and seem to hang about for ages.

Well, we've achieved quite a bit this morning, considering we've not rushed about. We combined a tip to the tip (non recyclables) with a trip to the chazzer warehouse to drop off a load of stuff, and nipped into mrAl's (heaving), mrT's (reasonably busy), and mrL's (almost more staff than customers). I bought limes (S6), a new set of kitchen scales (BG has inadvertenly broken my existing ones by dropping them out of the cupboard too often :(), some cleaning materials, and a few bits and bobs of food items, including rocket (PoTW) from each respectively. I bought the kitchen scales with mrT vouchers. I know it's not absolutely the most cost effective way to use them, but it was convenient and something that I actually needed.

Tea last night was guava and chickpea curry (not too bad in the end, and thankfully I didn't make too much, so it was muched in one sitting), dhal and 'half&half' (some chips and some rice) in honour of us playing Wales.

Tea this evening will be cardboard box fish, oven chips and mushy peas. And don't no one tell the diet police about chips two nights on the trot, coz I dunna care :p:rotfl:

Right, best go and do something constructive, coz DH is cleaning the bathroom and BG is having a snooze. They resolutely refused when we returned from shopping, and then promptly all but fell asleep in their lunch - v funny :rotfl:

Greying X
    Pounds for Panes £3,005/£10,000 - start date Dec 2023

Coins for Camping (May) -  £0/£15  (Camping TTD - £75/90)

Grocery spend May £6.44/215
    Non-food household spend May £0/30
    Bulk Fund May 0/£10

Knitted items for charity 1/24 (inc. Blankets 1/6)
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Toddler noses are permanently tap-like, whether they have colds or not. It's all part of the job description ;)
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you've had a lovely day

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Ha ha greenbee - that so is not true - what about when they have the thickest, stickiest, greenest, most humungous bogey blob sticking out their nose??? :rotfl:
    Hope you've had a lovely day

x

We did thank you hun, we did :D

The bathroom, if not quite sparkling like on the TV ads, is clean and tidy. A cake has been baked, most of a rugger match watched and BG has finally kept their eyes open long enough to finish off their lunch :D

I really enjoyed watching Scotland play rugby - a really good game and the Scottish were deserving winners. I'm also pleased that they kicked for goals on penalties, rather than going for the corner. Sometimes you just need to get the points on the board, rather than going for the try opportunities. But a win, is a win, is a win :T

Right, I'm away to start tea prep.

Today I am grateful for these 3 things;

that our charitable donations were accepted at the warehouse - definitely money saving, as it was just up the road, rather than at the shop in the next market town along.

a lie-in courtesy of DH looking after BG this morning

for making progress
    - albeit at a glacial pace.......

Ta for popping in. Appreciated.

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£10

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,374 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done Scotland!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Greying_Pilgrim
    Options
    Good Morning :hello:

Another shiney new week :D

Lots of itty bitty bits to do today, including getting out and about for some exercise. Definitely the incentive to move quickly, as it is rather brrr here this morning.

I was going to make soup for tea, try out a new recipe, but I've not got all the ingredients, so I'm pondering - but I've also decided, that whilst it is an 'interesting' soup, the extent of the ingredients, which are are not necessarily cheap, unless you 'grow your own', make it prohibitively costly to make. Not too mention that soup ain't supposed to be complicated....... It is one thing that I am finding with the 'new breed' of bloggers, vloggers and healthy eating 'gurus', they aren't necessarily coming at cooking from a home economics perspective....... I think I need to have confidence in my 'simple' approach, and only cook recipes ('new' or 'tried & tested') that don't require the kitchen cupboards, or, indeed, the kitchen sink thrown at them.

So, it will probably be 'vegetable soup - lite' ;) for us tea :D

I need to go to the library today, so will incorporate that into our exercise :D

I also need to update my spending diary, with the weekend's shopping.

Can't think of owt else MSving to witter on about, so best shift-a-tail-feather I guess :D

Greying X

Bulk Fund May 0/£10

• rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    ...It is one thing that I am finding with the 'new breed' of bloggers, vloggers and healthy eating 'gurus', they aren't necessarily coming at cooking from a home economics perspective....... I think I need to have confidence in my 'simple' approach, and only cook recipes ('new' or 'tried & tested') that don't require the kitchen cupboards, or, indeed, the kitchen sink thrown at them...

GP - totally agree! - simple is the best - we've started to do a big batch of 'summat' on Monday, then Tuesday is box fish day with h/m wedges and steamed greens - Weds more of the batch - Thurs bits of whatever needs using up or some yellow sticker finds and Fri more of the 'summat' - while it is not always the most creative way of eating, it is quick, fills a hole, is low effort and most importantly affordable!

It baffles me how a long list of specialty ingredients, no matter how interesting & tasty can be budget friendly! Simple, sustainable & based on the store cupboard has got to be the way to go!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Another who agrees, I don't really follow any recipes :o Make it up as I go along with what I have in/what's cheap and cheerful.

Have a lovely day

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure