What small DFW things will you do this week? Wc 17/10/16

Options

Comments

• twiggy86
    twiggy86 Posts: 2,146 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon all!

Couldn't wander around in the dark this morning as had to go to a networking event so was up earlier than usual and it was pitch black!

Today I have/will:-
    * check banks
    * keep receipt from breakfast for expenses
    * take lunch to work - inc melon my mum gave me and a ys 60p punnet of strawberries
    * check lp and fpl
    * look at present list my friend sent me and source cheapest place to order
    * not buy top at lunch!
    * sort out dry laundry
    * get a lift to circuits (we take it in turns as live in the same road but didn't realise for ages!)
    * dinner from stores
    * write out card a bought ages ago from card factory for nephew
    * use up moisturiser I got given ages ago - used for the first time last night and its lovely!

Think that's everything for now. Hope you're all having a good day.
    Starting again..
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    1LuckyLady wrote: »
    Oh I remember those days! By the end of my pregnancy I think there was more of my stitching holding me in then the original fabric ;)
    Wow Lambda, that's awesome! Well done

Haha I've got to that point too! Except now when my stitching doesn't hold the holes rip even bigger! Town didn't have any leggings in so I ordered 2 pairs online, I've only got just over 4 weeks until my due date so these 2 pairs should last me until baby arrives and home from the hospital!
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    ooooo katy my 6th sense tells me your arrival is imminent!

LuckyLady - shortening is an american product. If you google it you can find an alternative but I didn't like the look of that so I used 6oz lard (I know I was a bit weirded out by the lard I've never used it before - conjures up images of my tea going cold and solid and still being made to eat it!) and 2oz butter. delicious!

Amazing work lambda!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

LuckyLady - shortening is an american product. If you google it you can find an alternative but I didn't like the look of that so I used 6oz lard (I know I was a bit weirded out by the lard I've never used it before - conjures up images of my tea going cold and solid and still being made to eat it!) and 2oz butter. delicious!

Amazing work lambda!
    Great, thank you. I think I'll give these a go next week when the kids are off as they'll eat me out of house and home!

Which reminds me I've not done my research for keeping them entertained next week yet! They are going on an activity centre day trip one day which wasn't cheap so need cheap plans for the rest of the week :)
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This week I've set myself up a new payment spreadsheet which allows for planned and actual spends. I got my brother a present, researched cheapest place- two came out the same so got it from one that had highest cash back rate. I do daily checks any how on my accounts. Am using up items at present like toiletries in order to de-clutter. Looking at new bank accounts. Need place to store savings due to changes to TSB balance amount. Considering Tesco. Also thinking of changing Smile account to Co-op reward account- doubt will get switching bonus but hopefully would be eligible for the rewards.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Amazing work lambda!

I always just use Stork margarine or (more often!) the supermarket alternative when this is specified. Any fat will work though, just use what you have x
  • katy_ann
    katy_ann Posts: 1,088 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options

Amazing work lambda!

Ohh I hope your sixth sense is right! I've got to that "fed up", can't move, can't roll in bed, achy stage! I feel like I'll get more rest when he is here!
    Debt free once - Back again | Current debt: £3002.96 - January 2023 | Currently repaying £50 a month - Estimated DFD Jan 2028 | Make £2023 in 2023 #51 - £33.75/£2023
  • allydowd
    allydowd Posts: 4,911 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 October 2016 at 8:41AM
    Options
    Hi October Octagons, (Can't think of something suitable that alliterates!) :rotfl:

A day off at Dowd Towers and to be honest the Wee Geek is in a bit of a muddle. NightshiftVille has been busy, but not too chaotic but I've spent all most all of the last fortnight when not in work sleeping off my tiredness and now have a mountain of tasks to do. :o Everything feels a bit out of control. Please think positive thoughts for me, Wee Geeks don't feel so well in chaos as they do in order.

So the plan is to use today to get on top of everything and also to have a nice lunch out with DW at a local cafe from entertainment budget. Will spend sensibly there.

So what have I managed so far?

Debt Free-Nillionaire Continuity Plan Year Two:

* Managed to stay in bed til a healthy 6am and to eat a light home-cooked breakfast.

* Did RM Surveys. This has been worth it as we already have £24 saved up for Decemberfest since August from reward vouchers.

* Cleared In Tray.

* Ask DW to "repair" sickly looking fuchsia when she wakes up. Our outdoor ones look wonderful but out Mother Plant indoors is looking sorry for herself. Done! Apparently she needed a prune for Winter.

* Cleared my desk.

* Cleaned Sitting Room with Stardrops and washable cloths.

* Checked DW's bank balances.

* Checked over car. DW has cleaned it by and yesterday so that won't need doing. Might treat car to a new battery today, though. It's long overdue.

* Checked my balances.

* Reconciled Finances spreadsheet.

* Picked a Charity to donate monthly to. Long overdue since I now have a surplus of cash. I chose one that was dear to my Father's heart.

* Paid 26p eBay bill.

* Cleared emails.

* Checked loyalty points. Looks like Tesco Clubcard vouchers are no their way.

* Paid Credit Card off immediately at 0%. I use it strictly for loyalty points.

* Reconciled Finances spreadsheet.

* Backed up spreadsheet into cyber-space.

* Cleaned study.

* Cleared out wallet. Found two valuable coupons.

Time for a rest now before we go to town.

Live long, live well and prosper.
    Debt-free day: 8th May 2015 The Joy Account: £10 "Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck," Dalai Llama
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hope you feel better after a morning of sorting out and spending qt with dw. I prescribe lots of fun & relaxing to get back your equilibrium ally x

Noooooooooooooooooooooo! When I was out last night I felt myself coming back with something and I've woken up with a temp, sore throat and stuffy :( hope with paracetamol it is almost unnoticeable as have a lot to do today so can't not go to work....

Very pleased with myself last night as I was able to be assertive and ask when the bill came that we each pay for what we had had. So glad I did as my bill was £21, my friend's share was £28 & £49. Felt a little uncomfortable though but proud of myself for doing it and coming £9 under budget :T was lovely to see my friends, we worked together way back in 2003 and my haven't we changed over that time!

Need to be quick as need to jump in the shower but feeling as I do have no energy or enthusiasm!

* quick shower
    * make lunches (didn't do last night)
    * cancel drinks with friend tonight
    * probably NSD - I managed 5 in a row last week!
    * take note of mileage and update expenses
    * dinner will be quesadillas - cooked in the sc last night that no one needed or ate!
    * early night tonight

That's all I can think of. Happy Friday y'all x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    edited 21 October 2016 at 8:24AM
    Options
    Morning
    I've breakfast in bed today; it's my non working day and I have a week off work. Whoop! Feeling rather lazy but will get up soon and start on my list for today:
    - shopping list
    - book hotel for Christmas week - we usually go away rather than buy each other presents. So DH's present sorted!
    - postcode lottery
    - check ipoll
    - check MR apps
    - shopping list. We're going to stay in a camping pod for 3 nights so will need to factor that in.
    - I've put some money aside for half term spends however some will need to be set aside because I'll need 2 new tyres soon.
    - I keep saying it for a few weeks now, but need to update my Christmas list. I don't buy for many, Children and a couple of secret santas at work, DH sorted (above) so should be straight forward
    - going into Poundland today to see if I can the £1 (obviously!) Peter Rabbit Calander for my sis
    - tidy and clean. Continue to sort out paperwork and space in my spare room which is also my eBay/birthday present/Christmas stash
    - continue my total cash back Halloween comp obsession. Got a broom stick today.

Have a good day all.
    Happy Friday LP x
    Competition wins £13,999.82 [\COLOR]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills