PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 17th October 2016

Options

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hello!

I'm in a bit of a tip at the moment :o I've got holiday bits all over, and keep remembering stuff.

Went to collect DD prescription and the docs is closed all afternoon! May need to wait till Monday now... Still, I popped into primarni for some fleece pjs and DS needed trainers. Hope they fit. He has school shoes, pe trainers, football boots and wellies. That's it, lol. He's been playing out in pe trainers since he's not been doing pe but they are mesh on top and not good for keeping dry.

So, I have clothes on the stairs ready for quick changes before and after parties. I have swim stuff on the DR table waiting for a rucksack home, I have lots of layers ready to go in the case on the spare bed, and lastly our clothes for morning draped over the bannister :rotfl: we are a jumble sale!

Sounds daft but I'm going to pack the food into a trolley suitcase too. Much easier to move from car to kitchen once we get there.

Might have a look on the map and see where we need to be!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gentle (((HUGS))) to Valli & Sis.

I've had a half-hour chat with the lady who runs the area office for the dog care company I'm hoping to join; I have to fill out a formal application (in the post to me as I type), provide references (Mr LW's pal has already agreed, and I've emailed Ronnie's "Mum" to ask if she'll do it) and I have to have a home inspection.
    Flylady vibes appreciated - I really, really want to be accepted.

Mr LW nodded off at the pc yet again, so he's been sent to Fly in the bedroom.;)
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Doobop
    Doobop Posts: 212 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It's quiet on here today. Just back from work, OH will be later so having a quick cuppa before cracking on with some ironing then a late tea. Valli - sorry to hear your sister is struggling.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    LW well done on the chat, as we all know how much this takes out of you, good luck vibes on their way

Work done
    Dark and cold here tonight
    Dinner done
    DW sorted
    Floors done
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 0/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ooo fingers crossed for you LW and well done on the phone thing!

Well, our evening of rushing about is almost done. We got everywhere we needed to be on time, albeit DS had to come out of his disco a bit early.

I've sorted first aid and torches / batteries and put the littlies to bed, they are a bit giddy! I don't feel very organised but I don't think I can do much more tonight. I might want a nice warm bath... It was cold out there tonight!

So, I'll catch up with you all probably Monday night xxx
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening everyone

Oh, how exciting LW. I have everything xd for you and sending tons of 'be successful' vibes your way :)

Glad your plans worked out ok Bossy and hope you enjoy your holibobs.

We are collecting our new-to-us car t/m :j Hope all goes ok

Blissful Bedroom
    Open the window and strip the bed.
    Leave it to air
    Remake the bed with fresh linen

Twinkling Tuesday - Kitchen Kapers & Dining delight
    Extras
    Check your BAKING INGREDIENTS cupboard(s) and/or drawers
    Chuck out anything OOD
    Wipe it out
    while it's drying write your shopping list of any baking

Wonderful Wednesday Living room and hallway
    polish yout door number

Loads of hugs, sticks and spoons for all needing some
    Hope you all have a fabulous Friday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Hope you all have happy holidays ATB and Bossy. Are you both coming to Wales for your half-term?!? It is lovely here...when it's not raining ;)

Keeping everything crossed for you LW - I'm sure they will see how well you treat all your visiting dogs x

New car Lynne! Lucky you...enjoy showing it off later :D
    ionafan wrote: »
    Well done Small for wanting to be an activist. Having met him, I am not entirely suprised - he can talk for Wales, and there's a great deal of good sense in his head :)

Doesn't take after me then :rotfl: We have told him it is down to a vote and has to listen as well as talk, as Valli rightly pointed out, and that he mustn't be too disappointed if he isn't chosen.

Spooky Hallowe'en disco with Small and Tiny tonight. it's fancy dress, so we are the red Power Ranger, The Gruffalo and, erm...a witch? I won't brush my hair just yet then...DH is working late to avoid this delight. Shame, he'd make an excellent werewolf.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Daily stuff done
    Bins sorted
    Parcel to post

Have a good day
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 0/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • x_raphael_xx
    Options
    How weird! I'm sure I posted on Wed saying I had been busy visiting friends and hadn't had time to read/post & fly.
    No wonder I didn't get auto subscribed, my message seems to have disappeared.

Anyhoo, I've been absent as I have been busy, I have been keeping to my own lists, especially as I've had to have a gas safety check so the landlord has been round. Everything is tidy, although no deep cleaning has been done (apart from the bathroom which always gets a deep clean)
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £138.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Quick update - formal application arrived in the post today, so that's been filled out and returned; email received from Ronnie's "Mum" saying yes, she'd provide a reference. I'm literally shaking like the proverbial leaf. Jack will be brushed shortly - does this count as Flying? It is, after all, getting the loose hair straight off the dog, instead of vacuuming it up off the carpet. :D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure